The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hello from Bainbridge Island, near Seattle

MSchuyler

Go to Seattle, turn left, walk on water for ten miles, and you're there. You may prefer to take a ferry boat. I'm 64 years old today and saw the original Star Wars, Episode 4, when it was first released. I'm a retired librarian, not as fast as some of you young folk, but the way I see it: Age and treachery trump youth and beauty. Hope to see you out there! I'm on Harbinger, PDT (GMT -7) Edited by MSchuyler

Go to Seattle, turn left, walk on water for ten miles, and you're there. You may prefer to take a ferry boat. I'm 64 years old today and saw the original Star Wars, Episode 4, when it was first released. I'm a retired librarian, not as fast as some of you young folk, but the way I see it: Age and treachery trump youth and beauty. Hope to see you out there! I'm on Harbinger, PDT (GMT -7)

Hello and welcome to Star Wars - the Old Republic.

Though I no longer permanently reside in the metro-Seattle area full-time, I do still have a house in Queen Anne. (though most of my time is spent at my homes in either Denver or Orlando)

Like you, I remember launch day of the original Star Wars, standing in the line at the movie theater for hours after succumbing to the begging of my kids to see the movie. When we got home the kids were overly rambunctious, so to slow em' down a bit my husband got two broom sticks, painted one red, one blue, gave em' each their own "lightsaber," and let them go at it. Fun times, hahaha.

Anyway, Happy 64th Birthday. With age comes knowledge and experience, both of which can absolutely overcome marginally slower reflexes, etc. I have Parkinson's and severe arthritis, but I managed to play, and thrive, just fine.

I still occasionally play on Harbinger, but have already unsubbed our accounts (me, my best friend and my two grand daughters) to move back to Rift and Tera. Enjoy your stay here, and please don't forget to turn the lights out after you're done.

All my best,

LadyVix