is slicing worth taking over arch or underworld?

ZwannawZ

just wondering if the credits you gain from slicing are worth dropping either archeology or underworld trading. have synthweaving as my crafting skill. any thoughts/opinions?

My opinion is that it balances out; if you don't have UT you are going to need to buy all the schematics and mats for Synthweaving.

Drop UT before Arch. You'll need stuff from Arch for everything you make, greens included. UT will let you make Blues/Purples, but with the money you make from Slicing you could buy the mats just as easily. You'll find yourself spending much more money buying the green components.

I'm currently running Armor/Scavage/Slicing. At level 24 I have 109k credits in the bank, and will likely have 120+ by level 25. You won't be able to craft blue+ gear, at all, because nobody is currently selling T2+ Underworld materials on the GTN, but you don't need it because there's plenty of good gear out there and you'll have tons of money to buy it with. You'll make enough money to buy the very best gear for your level in half the time it would take to grind out a purple item. Even if your eventual goal is to be craft-king of the server, you're probably better off going with Slicing until you hit cap and build a nestegg, and then switching to Underworld Trading and power-leveling it from there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.