Wich one is better?

ASTEEZA

Hi all im tryng to build a sith marauder for pve and I wanna to know wich one of the carnage or rage skill tree is better for pve?

I really appreciate it very much any good advice on this build thank in advance.

I'd say they are both equal. Rage is great for killing trash as the Smash hits do massive damage. Though, for prolonged fights i'd say Carnage is better.

Rage = good multi target damage

Carnage = good single target damage

pick your poison

3 trees:

Annihilation: heavy DoT damage, more self heals.

Carnage: More direct damage, a bit mroe mitigation in lieu of self heals

Rage: Spiky AoE damage, OK single target damage (relies on high level talents for regular use of heavy AoE damage)

Personally, if it was a choice between Rage and Carnage, I'd go carnage at lower levels until Rage can regularly proc it's heavy hitters (45+) post that, pick your poison. Annihilation is a good tree too. better for longer fights though.

IF you can keep up your Annihilate stacks then I'd say Anni.

Carnage has no ramp-up time and has nice and pretty big numbers. Also has you needing to pay attention to more than the other 2 trees IMO.

Rage is great for trash, but be careful of pulling threat in the first few seconds (if you go in with stacks). It also doesn't hold up as well on single targets compared to the other 2 trees. But for trash it is a blast to play.

In PVE for single target you wanna play anni or carnage.

I prefer anni these days for the simple reason that keeping sustained dps with carnage is a pain since its all rng since 2.0 though it is capable of big numbers but since i'm usually drunk during raids i prefer to play anni since its more predictable rotation xD.

Rage spec isn't really a spec you want to run for pve single target dps generally since it parses alot lower on a single target but in some situations it can be a useful spec. The raid group i run with for example quite often has meelee heavy comp and we'll have one of the maras respec smash to take care of the ads in the first few bosses of S&V HM but its not a spec you wanna run all the time for pve. Saying that however its probably the best lvling spec since most of what you're doing is clearing out trash.

Edited by AngusFTW

In PVE for single target you wanna play anni or carnage.

I prefer anni these days for the simple reason that keeping sustained dps with carnage is a pain since its all rng since 2.0 though it is capable of big numbers but since i'm usually drunk during raids i prefer to play anni since its more predictable rotation xD.

Rage spec isn't really a spec you want to run for pve single target dps generally since it parses alot lower on a single target but in some situations it can be a useful spec. The raid group i run with for example quite often has meelee heavy comp and we'll have one of the maras respec smash to take care of the ads in the first few bosses of S&V HM but its not a spec you wanna run all the time for pve. Saying that however its probably the best lvling spec since most of what you're doing is clearing out trash.

I know that i will get flak for this but. Im going to be EXCLUSIVELY playing Rage now that i have found its incredibly easy and fun rotation. Its easy, and its fun to see Smash deal a crit EVERY time i use it. Gearing is pretty simple too. Surge and Power are king for the Spec, ill get enough crit from Main Stat, Malice, and agent buff for other abilities to crit often so no need for crit.