The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add the White Crystals to Collection ["Original" 1.5 White Crystals]

[Originally had this in Suggestions, but moved it here]

So when the new patch rolled out I got excited to see that I was able to re-obtain collected items from the Cartel Market on my multiple toons. However, I was disappointed to find out that the Original White crystal my friends got me a while back in patch 1.5 didn't count as a collectible.

Bioware, may you please make this crystal count as a collectible item? It was, after all, supposed to be a limited time crystal in during 1.5, never to be part of the game again, yet you put it in the packs for the CM. It would be much appreciated if I could add this to my collections without having to buy one off the GTN or try my luck with buying the packs.

[Originally had this in Suggestions, but moved it here]

So when the new patch rolled out I got excited to see that I was able to re-obtain collected items from the Cartel Market on my multiple toons. However, I was disappointed to find out that the Original White crystal my friends got me a while back in patch 1.5 didn't count as a collectible.

Bioware, may you please make this crystal count as a collectible item? It was, after all, supposed to be a limited time crystal in during 1.5, never to be part of the game again, yet you put it in the packs for the CM. It would be much appreciated if I could add this to my collections without having to buy one off the GTN or try my luck with buying the packs.

The vendor was limited time only never to be in game again. Crystal weren't part of the never again.

The vendor was limited time only never to be in game again. Crystal weren't part of the never again.

Exactly. If it was never intended to be in the game again then those of us who got it back then should be rewarded with the same chance to collect them as others who got them via the Cartel packs.

Exactly. If it was never intended to be in the game again then those of us who got it back then should be rewarded with the same chance to collect them as others who got them via the Cartel packs.

You do! Get the pack, try your luck, and you have the same chance as everyone else to obtain the crystal.

Or pull your resources together with the other posters in this thread, purchase the crystal, and then pass it around so it's in your inventory, and then resell it when you've all collected it.

You do! Get the pack, try your luck, and you have the same chance as everyone else to obtain the crystal.

Or pull your resources together with the other posters in this thread, purchase the crystal, and then pass it around so it's in your inventory, and then resell it when you've all collected it.

That's not the point though. The point being Bioware made it clear that back in 1.5 the crystals were never coming back in game, so those of us dumb enough to believe that and bought the crystals for all those credits should at least get the decency of being able to obtain them via collections.

xD While I think thats a pretty smart idea you have, I can't say I would want to try my luck with those packs given past attempts. And I believe in order for the crystal to get added, it must be bound to you. So the whole passing the crystal idea wouldn't work :(

That's not the point though. The point being Bioware made it clear that back in 1.5 the crystals were never coming back in game, so those of us dumb enough to believe that and bought the crystals for all those credits should at least get the decency of being able to obtain them via collections.

xD While I think thats a pretty smart idea you have, I can't say I would want to try my luck with those packs given past attempts. And I believe in order for the crystal to get added, it must be bound to you. So the whole passing the crystal idea wouldn't work :(

Bound? Awww. What about costume pieces? Do they need to be bound too?

Bound? Awww. What about costume pieces? Do they need to be bound too?

From what I hear, yup. Otherwise I'd be all in for this idea.

Need more people to sign this! xD Otherwise I'm just gonna have to buy on off the GTN and farm dailies.

I bought the white crystal from vendor purchase under the impression they WOULD be back, but probably craftable. that vendor was supposed to be a supplement 'till artifice got new schematics. I never ONCE was under the impression that the crystals were limited time, I thought it was quiet clear the vendor was what was limited time. Spelled out very well.

I agree however that it would be nice to have my non-cartel white crystal purchasable in collections.

Edited by Lithy