Legacy Map Exploration

kevinlabo

Revealing the entire map should be transferable throughout characters in a legacy. For example if I discover all of tython with my first character then tython's map should be revealed for all character's in my legacy. A new shader could be applied to the map in order to give "first visit" exploration xp. This would allow players to still get exploration xp with new characters with a more rewarding permanently clean map to use.

• 9 months later...

Hey,

I'm glad someone mentioned the "map issue". I really hope they would implement something like this.

Personally I'd like to see it done this way - a Character Perk or Global Unlock -> Other that would cost some amount of credits or CC and as a prerequisite you'd need to have a Legacy level...let's say 40 and completed the achievement Explorer of the Galaxy. This way it would be ensured, that new players cannot simply make their progress much easier, but more seasoned players that may be leveling their "X"th character would benefit from what they have achieved with the previous ones.

As a next tier of this with even harder conditions I would like to see some unlock for quick travel points and taxi points.

What do you say, devs? What do you say, fellow players? Do you think it is a good idea? Should it get a green light?

due to the fact you get EXP for exploring new areas do you really want to give up exp for a already shown map? When i make a new toon i use 125 cc and send them to correlia and i hit level 10 in about 15-20 mins (depending on deaths) just walking around..... THATS IT. so this isnt the best idea unless youre gonna get the EXP for descovering the entire map when you pay credits/cc when you unlock in the legacy menu.

It wouldn't cut out the xp. The legacy reveal map would make previously explored areas from other characters visible to new ones with a gray shade over it showing that the current character has not yet been there for the xp. This way you can see roads, structures, obstacles, etc. across all characters regardless if they personally have not been there.

due to the fact you get EXP for exploring new areas do you really want to give up exp for a already shown map? When i make a new toon i use 125 cc and send them to correlia and i hit level 10 in about 15-20 mins (depending on deaths) just walking around..... THATS IT. so this isnt the best idea unless youre gonna get the EXP for descovering the entire map when you pay credits/cc when you unlock in the legacy menu.

Yeah, I would. I don't mind it that much, I can get them elsewhere. Actually it would be another cost for having the map unlocked, so it would still have some benefits and some drawbacks, but that would be up to you to decide

Yeah this would be, at best, a Cartel market perk. If thats what you wanted at OP then i support but i wouldnt support a legacy unlock to miss out on Exp... Because knowing bioware they would make it account bound and Id no longer get exp for exploring anything.......

• 2 years later...

Hey,

Any news on this suggestion or word from the developpers?

I started doing some DvL characters and discovering the map all over again has really no interest..

I wouldn't paying paying credits to apply explorations unlock to all characters either...

Hell what that cartel coins if you want to cash in, it's just annoying!

Originally they planned for the maps to always be unlocked for one simple reason...this is the future with probe droids and communication systems that let you talk to people on the other side of the galaxy. Maps would be a basic and obvious thing people would have automatically downloaded for them when reaching a planet. I mean that is kind of the point of a ship droid. Frankly quick travel points should also be automatic, the taxi's being automatic is a relatively newer thing given back to us...as once again your computer can link to those computers and bam...access given.

Basically exploration should be more about the nooks and crannies, not the basic map.