The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dye & "Lore items".

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac359/Hiracuz/Beforeandafter.png

(Here's a picture of before and after in model viewer)

- There might be a few threads about this concern.

So let me roll back to pre. 2.1.

When I first heard of the release of being able to dye your armor as you wanted it I was excited, not to mention this is one of the things i've been waiting since release for. So I began my quest to raid the GTN and completely customize a full set for my Assassin that I wanted (it took me hours, hours and millions of credits) but finally I found a set that would look awesome in black. It's light gray/brown with gold & golden mask, so being able to color the light/brown black it would be the best looking set in my own opinion. And then finally when the day many of us had been waiting for came along, I found out i'm not able to color 3 of my pieces from my set (including my chest piece) due to it being a "lore" item.

- Don't get me wrong, I like the fact we are able to wear lore items in the game (Y), but the fact that you can't color them seems like such a big restriction towards players who aren't wearing it to become the "lore person".. I simply just love the outfit and I can't find any other piece that I would want to wear.

So please reconsider being able to dye 'Lore' gear, I think it would make many people happy =).

Sincerely an early beta tester and still active subscriber :p

Edited by Hvatrorduselv

Unfortunately lore items are far from being the only moddable armor with this issue.

All moddable armor should be dyeable, plain and simple. Since the dye system came out, I started searching for chest pieces I could use with the new system. To my dismay, I discovered that only one out of the 10 or so I actually liked had a dye slot. And big surprise, it was a cartel piece XD

Most if not all of the low level oranges, the security key dancer outfits, flashpoint specific armor, just to name a few, do not have dye slots.

If its a consolation prize, They has said they are fixing Revan's appearance bugs. meaning the black robes over its confirmed bug appearance of it being grey.

Through this picture, You can see how black the Robes USED TO BE in 1.6.0 before they were turned GREY in 1.6.1

http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

Now then, after looking at above. look at the version we have today, Exact same body type, its not revans mask. but its the same model as of 2.0.0

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rekxhu.jpg

Hey everyone.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Edited by Magnusheart