The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jolee Bindo's armor should have dye module

Many items such as Jolee's Gear, Malaks gear and some of Revans gear do not have die modules, apparently this is something to do with them not messing with the Lore of SW.

Not sure if there is any truth in the matter but this is one reason we have come up with in my guild

Many items such as Jolee's Gear, Malaks gear and some of Revans gear do not have die modules, apparently this is something to do with them not messing with the Lore of SW.

Not sure if there is any truth in the matter but this is one reason we have come up with in my guild

- The irony here is, why do we have pureblood with blue sabers among the Jedi? O.O..

If they were really that much in to the lore, maybe they should have thought of that first ^^

- The irony here is, why do we have pureblood with blue sabers among the Jedi? O.O..

If they were really that much in to the lore, maybe they should have thought of that first ^^

Bingo. If there's room for "Light-Sided" Sith then surely we should be able to dye clothing we can already mod, see dyed within a preview and have most likely paid real money for.

This restriction is absurd.

• 2 months later...

I bought the whole Jolee set and a purple dye, equipped the set, and then realized there was no dye slot. I was pretty confused/annoyed, since I thought that was entirely standard for cartel, moddable gear.

The lore excuse is stupid. Both for the reasons given and because a lot of us haven't played the other games and have no idea whose outfits these are supposed to be. And really, would even the most nitpicky lore fans have a problem with a color change on an outfit? It's not like our characters are wearing the actual outfits that they're based on. Like we all rifled through these people's closets. Lore-wise, they're obviously replicas or styles merely inspired by the originals, so there's no reason at all that even in-universe they wouldn't come in multiple colors (not even counting the fact that our individual characters could dye their own clothes themselves).

Thana's armor is a lore outfit and yet it has a dye slot... :l Srsly, dyes for ALL orange gear. Battle Expulsor's, Imperator armor, Blade Tyrant's - they all deserve DYE SLOTS. Those are one of the most original and unique sets in the game, the ones we're getting at the end of the capital planet quest arc. They're also archetypal piece of gear for each class. I am mad at having Han Solo-like jacket which I can't even dye black and white. Edited by Alec_Fortescue