Lv 10 Expertise Crystals

RJMazz

A friend told me these screw up the bolstering system and I should not use one of these. Sad 'cause I got a nifty purple one from the Cartel box thingies. About using these crystals I need some information.

I need facts in this as often my friend's wrong:

1 - Does it really screws up?

2 - How does it screw up?

3 - Why does it screw up?

4 - How much will it screw up?

Thank you beforehand for those who answer me.

A friend told me these screw up the bolstering system and I should not use one of these. Sad 'cause I got a nifty purple one from the Cartel box thingies. About using these crystals I need some information.

I need facts in this as often my friend's wrong:

1 - Does it really screws up?

2 - How does it screw up?

3 - Why does it screw up?

4 - How much will it screw up?

Thank you beforehand for those who answer me.

1. yes.

2.It will not bolster your weapon at all.

3. Because bioware sucks.

4. a lot.

A little more on why.

If you have ANY expertise at all in a particular slot, in this case your weapon, the bolster system treats that as a "pvp item" and disregards it when bolstering your stats.

Its effectively a situation where you dont want ANY expertise until ur in Partisan/conq gear.

OK, thanks for the replies, I understand the situation now. This is sad, then, no purple crystal for me until I hit lv 50 or more. Best to level up quick I guess. Edited by RJMazz

This applies only to under 55, right? I was concerned that there are issues with these crystals at 55.

if you put an expertise crystal in gear that has no other expertise (i.e. Campaign, Dreadguard, Rakata, War Hero, Elite War Hero), you are gimping that peice. The only time to use an expertise crystal is if the armoring/mod/enhancement all have expertise as well.