The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

new to the powertech need some help

Zadorath

hello everyone i am just asking for s descent leveling build for powertech..i am planing on doing flashpoints also while i level so any build suggestions are welcome...

and also at lvl 55 for PVE/PVP what do you pro's reccomend?

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR TAKING TIME TO ANSWER=D=D

Only advice I can give you is lvl him to 55 and go tank or shelf him until they take back the nerfs they made to the class. They nerfed it right into the ground.

Lots of people argue that AP is good for pvp, but I feel like its a spare tire of a spec, and requires some dev attention. The whole class needs a bit of a change now. Tanking is better than it was, but its still not as good as Assassins or Juggernauts. PT is really a spare tire of a class now tbh.

If you do choose to level, pyro doesn't get decent until like mid 30s... I dont know about AP, so your only real choice is tank, been too long so I don't have a spec for you off hand. On the plus side, you get instant queues for FPs if you choose to do em.

At 55, there are tons of builds floating around. I run 8/7/31... check out my armory link.... if you plan to level as pyro you want to b-line straight for Prototype Particle Accelerator, since that is the core idea behind a PT, by proc'ing your free rail shots.

I leveled with tank-spec. Fights can be slow, but with Mako set in med-watch almost nothing in the regular content is going to come close to killing you.

Assuming you go that route do the daily instances, it's a good way to get gear and experience tanking missions.