The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Legacy (Books) - Questions?

JoeDin

Hi all,

Im a huge star wars fan, but my knowledge of the star wars universe is only what is relived in the films and the games. Im not much of a book reader in fact i have only ever read around 5 books my whole life, But i am keen on reading some books from the star wars universe.

A thew star wars fans have suggest i read the Legacy era books. So i decided to try and do that. However when i have tried to find the books when i get 100s of results and lots of version. for example i can see books labeled legacy, legacy of the force, legacy broken and then there version 1 and up for the books some say they are comics and others say things like version 2 ect.

so my question is where do i start with these books? or are they comics, if they are i dont mind. i know the books are set after the events of the films but how long after? is luke still around and if these books are set a good distance after the films is there another series of books that fits in before these?

Thanks in advance for your answers and help and info will be great :)

Well, Your friends don't seem to care about continuity then...

The Legacy Series focuses on the adult children of Han and Leia as well as dozens of character you'd know nothing about and entire galactic wars that you'd have missed. I'd suggest (in order) the X-wing Series, the Thrawn Trilogy, or the Jedi Academy Series to begin with.

Hope this helps :cool:

Edited by StarSquirrel

Well, Your friends don't seem to care about continuity then...

The Legacy Series focuses on the adult children of Han and Leia as well as dozens of character you'd know nothing about and entire galactic wars that you'd have missed. I'd suggest (in order) the X-wing Series, the Thrawn Trilogy, or the Jedi Academy Series to begin with.

Hope this helps :cool:

thanks for the info i know a little of the can you give me a little description on what each series is about and witch you think would be best to start with?

I believe the starting point for book-reading after ROTJ is Truce at Bakura. So you can always start there. Most Star Wars books these days include a timeline of the books and when they take place. That should help you stay on the timeline track.

Thanks for the help, just let me see if i have this correct. this is the order i should read them in?

1. The Truce at Bakura - is a single book takes place at 4 ABY

2. Thrawn trilogy - 3 books takes place at 9 ABY

3. The Jedi Academy trilogy - 3 books takes place at 11 ABY

4. X-wing Series - 10 books takes place 12-13 ABY

5. Legacy Series - ?? Books/Comic takes place at 137 ABY (thats a long time after other but is this the next in the seires or is there some others)

Also are these books an easy read as i said in my first post i have only ever read like 6 books in my life and im 22 almost 23 and im not use to reading books and the ones i have where short and only took a day or 2 to read.

Thanks for the help, just let me see if i have this correct. this is the order i should read them in?

1. The Truce at Bakura - is a single book takes place at 4 ABY

2. Thrawn trilogy - 3 books takes place at 9 ABY

3. The Jedi Academy trilogy - 3 books takes place at 11 ABY

4. X-wing Series - 10 books takes place 12-13 ABY

5. Legacy Series - ?? Books/Comic takes place at 137 ABY (thats a long time after other but is this the next in the seires or is there some others)

Also are these books an easy read as i said in my first post i have only ever read like 6 books in my life and im 22 almost 23 and im not use to reading books and the ones i have where short and only took a day or 2 to read.

There is a Legacy of the Force series (books) that take place after the New Jedi Order (abbreviated NJO around here), this is different from the Legacy series (comics) that take place something like a hundred years later.

If your friends are comic fans they probably told you about the Legacy comics and if they're book fans or more hardcore they probably told you Legacy of the Force.

Another helpful resource for timelines is this.

I'd say Truce as Bakura is fairly easy (though it might take a while if you don't try and blow through it) Thrawn is a more complex read. X-wing is a fun read, if you want starting material you can start with the Young Jedi Knights series, it's suited to young adult novel-type readers. That might be a good starting point and you don't miss too terribly much. You might want to start with Young Jedi Knights if you want to work your way up to more serious reading material.

Great thing is, non of it is Tolstoy!

Edited by StarSquirrel

There is a Legacy of the Force series (books) that take place after the New Jedi Order (abbreviated NJO around here), this is different from the Legacy series (comics) that take place something like a hundred years later.

If your friends are comic fans they probably told you about the Legacy comics and if they're book fans or more hardcore they probably told you Legacy of the Force.

Another helpful resource for timelines is this.

I'd say Truce as Bakura is fairly easy (though it might take a while if you don't try and blow through it) Thrawn is a more complex read. X-wing is a fun read, if you want starting material you can start with the Young Jedi Knights series, it's suited to young adult novel-type readers. That might be a good starting point and you don't miss too terribly much. You might want to start with Young Jedi Knights if you want to work your way up to more serious reading material.

Great thing is, non of it is Tolstoy!

Thanks for all your help :) the link to the time line is helpful i have just purchased Truce as Bakura from amazon and it should be delivered tomorrow i look forward to reading it and if i can get my self throw the book and enjoy it i shall buy more of the books :)