Collection unlocks too expensive for many items

noobzor

Some of the items are okay, but the the ones that cost 240 or 600 cartel coins to unlock a single item? That's just too expensive for me. The information leading up to this feature indicated that the cost would vary based on the rarity of the item, but that it would be a small fee. 600 is nowhere close to a small fee, in my opinion.

I personally will not be unlocking any of these overpriced unlocks, and I encourage others to do the same. I can only hope that the prices will be reduced at some point in the future.

If nobody buys them, the price will go down.

But I think your opinion is the small but vocal minority. They're making hand over fist.

Unfortunately, you are right..... But I agree with the OP on some things, and I definitely agree with the toys, that were free to share before this update.

Agree I noted that in another thread, pay 240 to unlock a crystal.. I would rather buy the crystal on the market again for a character then it unlocks on them and I can get multiple copies of it for my companions and offhand. Same goes for the armor even for Revan's mask you have to buy the entire douche set and equip crap you wont use just to unlock it at a high cost its a joke and an insult. There is almost nothing really worth the CC cost to unlock that I can see other then expensive speeders or unless you already had Revan's entire set.

I hope people dont pay the unlock costs that are high or buy the entire sets. If they dont make much income off of them they will change them to be individual items (as they should've been previously as people were lead to believe previously) and lower the cost. Heck I would pay 1000CC to unlock the feature to allow for singular set pieces or make it so you can unlock 3 pieces of a set choose the 3 you want as long as you already have them. Or something along those lines. This is the one thing that I dislike about the patch and the manner in which they went about it and the purposely misleading info given out ahead of time to generate positive press.

Business is dirty and you turn a profit sometimes you do what you gotta do despite the public reaction later but it is still crappy to do to people that pay a lot for these items already. Now oh FYI you need Revans belt and gloves or you need to equip Vesh's pants you didnt like an sold to "unlock the item" even though you wont use them. This was either lazy or intentional and I tend to lean towards the latter.

There's a pattern there that might help you out. Let me know when you find it.

OK, OK, I know it requires analytical and thinking skills. Heck, scientific literature tells me computers can't hardly recognize patterns and make predictions based on them as well as a 3 year old human or an adult mouse.

So I'll help you...

When they release new stuff on cartel market, they price it HIGH. Lots of people buy it because it's NEW.

Then sales drop off.

Then they give a temporary discount so prices come DOWN. Now the frugal people who wanted it buy.

Then sales drop off again.

Then they put in the permanent discount.

Edited by DarthTHC

Many toys and emotes are definitely way too expensive, and I agree, about 60CC to unlock these should be about the max.

I didn't check too close yet though, but is there a difference in pricing for collection unlocks for shipment 1 and shipment 2? It'd just make sense (not saying I'd like it), if the current shipment was still a bit more expensive, but gets marked down once the next shipment of cartel packs arrives.

I also still think subscribers should get a discount on EVERYTHING on the Cartel Market, not just the character recustomizations, but everything. Especially for these collection things, that are bound anyway, it wouldn't affect much if the unlocks were discounted for us. We'd probably use our CC's MORE if the collections were cheaper.

Orlean Fortune Hunter speeder on my new smuggler for 90CC because I already collected it on another character?

Oh yes! I wouldn't buy a pack to get it (too slim a chance), nor buy it from the Cartel Market (too expensive), but as a 90-120CC unlock, I'd buy it in a second, fastest 90-120CC spent!

Now, the Orlean Fortune Hunter is pretty rare. And someone who already bought 2 of those, basically wasted the opportunity for another player to get it and unlock it collectionwide, while that player probably won't unlock it either, since the characters that matched the speeder most now already have one.

This will fix itself for future cartel packs, but for past cartel packs, people simply won't bother much with those unlocks.