Paying CC for Cathar Unlock AND Customization.

Jerox_Helrak

So, before Cathar was released they stated, that Subscribers would get a free customization to ONE character if they wanted to change a character. So I went to the kiosk and checked it out. The thing wants to charge me 600 CC for the unlock plus 792 for the customization options. So thats 1392 CC in total. So my question is what happened to the free change of one character? I was so hyped about it and even saved my monthly CC to only find out they just want me to buy coins, cause the only way I can do this is unlocking and rerolling another character.

They also mentioned to lower the cap on fleet and several planets to minimize the lag. And well I have been on fleet almost all day and fleet has had 240-250 people just like before, so what happened with that?

They added all the CC stuff that they didn't forget...:rak_02:

So, before Cathar was released they stated, that Subscribers would get a free customization to ONE character if they wanted to change a character.

They NEVER said that. That's a figment of your imagination, lol.

I read my post again and I think I wrote it wrong, I meant the Cathar only, not any ONE customization.

I never played an MMO that offered a new race or class without an expansion that cost at least 40+ dollars. Here you get option of an "ALA carte menu" of picking a race for a fraction of the price. Just be lucky that if you sub, you get free CC to get the new race.

Some people think that coding and development of an MMO is an overnight thing and people work for free.

Never said that I wanted it free, but in total to change your species and everything is about 1400 CC which is almost 15 dollars, now I pay for a sub, so I don't expect things for free of course. Unless my money is not being taken by BW and going into some mystery account. About the $40 expansion you are right! Totally, but please name me an expansion in any game that cost $40 and only ONLY included a new species or even ONE class. None. They all include a bunch of many other things like new end game lvl expansion in some cases, and others. And in those others usually sometimes a new race or class or both. I understand this is all fluff stuff, but still, don't try to back your post with a "$40 dollar expansions that include a race and or class" because this is not true, not a single expansion in an MMO has cost $40 dollars and only includes that.

I understand that coding and programming is hard work in some cases, but let us be honest, half of the things or more they needed were already in the game. Cathar NPC's were in the game, so half of the job was done.

They never said that, either. That was speculation in the forums.

I have been searching around and I think you are right. Oh well, maybe it was one of my friends that said that he read it somewhere I don't know. Thank you for an honest and not flaming response :D

The only thing they said we were going to get for free that we didnt, was a legacy or guild rename.

They later reneged that to be only a free character rename.

Which kinda sucks since ive been trying to change my legacy name for ages (especially since it violates the naming rules) but to no avail.

But i refuse to pay 1000 cc for it tho, so ill just stick with my rule-violating legacy name...

Didn't BioWare make a statement about how cartel market prices are decided with the subscriber's monthly allotment in mind? I have 26 cartel coins and if I re-sub in a week, I'll receive 525 more coins. Meaning if I want Cathar OR to use the barbershop this month, I have to pay cash. Since I don't plan on buying more CC, I get no content from this patch.

Didn't BioWare make a statement about how cartel market prices are decided with the subscriber's monthly allotment in mind? I have 26 cartel coins and if I re-sub in a week, I'll receive 525 more coins. Meaning if I want Cathar OR to use the barbershop this month, I have to pay cash. Since I don't plan on buying more CC, I get no content from this patch.

What you decide to spend your free Cartel Coins on is your choice, you knew the Barber shop and Cathar were coming, you could of saved them for this, rather than spending them on Cartel Packs!

So you still get things but your will have to wait. You could of course use the Dye packs that can be bought for credits to make your armour an awful colour in preparation for your cat.

I spent my CC on legacy unlocks, and maybe if the development team didn't emphasize quite so hard that I would be able to afford this on my cartel allotment (which I cannot), I would have saved some coins.

You've known for over a month that they were coming.

Legacy unlocks can be purchased with in-game credits. No problem there.

Sounds like you're just upset you can't buy them now, and have to wait a month. Seriously -- just wait until your next grant -- and bam. Cathar at no cost ontop of your sub.

Totally, but please name me an expansion in any game that cost $40 and only ONLY included a new species or even ONE class. None. They all include a bunch of many other things like new end game lvl expansion in some cases, and others. And in those others usually sometimes a new race or class or both. I understand this is all fluff stuff, but still, don't try to back your post with a "$40 dollar expansions that include a race and or class" because this is not true, not a single expansion in an MMO has cost $40 dollars and only includes that.

Wait since when are the Cathar $40?

You're acting like the Cathar are being sold for the same price as an expansion pack.

I understand that coding and programming is hard work in some cases, but let us be honest, half of the things or more they needed were already in the game.

How do you know that for a fact? You don't, so why state it as such?

Cathar NPC's were in the game, so half of the job was done.

Please explain to us these halves. What half was done exactly?

Prior to 2.1 there were only 3 Cathar faces in the game. 1 Male, 1 Female, and Aric's face. None of these art assets (or faces) are available for the player to use when creating a Cathar.

The existing body types, animations, class voices, etc, is by no means half of the job. Those things will always remain constant, but I don't know how you're measuring that as half.

You've known for over a month that they were coming.

Legacy unlocks can be purchased with in-game credits. No problem there.

Sounds like you're just upset you can't buy them now, and have to wait a month. Seriously -- just wait until your next grant -- and bam. Cathar at no cost ontop of your sub.

You don't seem to be grasping my point here, the original claim by BW was that the Cathar unlock would be priced in a way that subscribers would be able to afford it on their cartel allotments. I am pointing out that they are not priced in a way that is affordable for subscribers unless subscribers either stockpiled CC prior to release or just paid cash for them.

To everyone who says I've know about it for a month and should have saved? Cathar costs 600CC, Barbershop costs 792CC for subscribers (total 1392CC). If I had saved my cartel coins from last month and add in the coins I am to receive in 6 days for my next allotment, that would come to a total of 1050CC (over 2 months). That isn't enough to make a character Cathar. At what point am I supposed to have started saving in order to afford the new "content" that released yesterday?

Edited by Covaltage

You don't seem to be grasping my point here . . .

they don't have time to read your post, and think about it, and post a comment defending their preconceptions. there are far too many upset people for them to belittle and insult, and far too many threads that don't support EA's decisions for them to post in. please understand they may not always be responding to your actual statement because they're just too busy.

I went into the Designer Kiosk on my Guardian yesterday, expecting the whole thing to cost only like 600 CC.

I started out with 1,645 CC, i think it was? Somewhere around the 1,600 mark.

Half an hour later, i exited the Kiosk and ended up with 248.

I cried and cursed my own stupidity for not checking on the prices before i even touched the Kiosk.

Edited by GhostDrone

You don't seem to be grasping my point here, the original claim by BW was that the Cathar unlock would be priced in a way that subscribers would be able to afford it on their cartel allotments. I am pointing out that they are not priced in a way that is affordable for subscribers unless subscribers either stockpiled CC prior to release or just paid cash for them.

To everyone who says I've know about it for a month and should have saved? Cathar costs 600CC, Barbershop costs 792CC for subscribers (total 1392CC). If I had saved my cartel coins from last month and add in the coins I am to receive in 6 days for my next allotment, that would come to a total of 1050CC (over 2 months). That isn't enough to make a character Cathar. At what point am I supposed to have started saving in order to afford the new "content" that released yesterday?

You have enough to unlock Cathar. One month stipend unlocks it. THAT is all they said.

No one said you'd be able to afford BOTH a Cathar unlock AND a species change. I'm sorry if you don't understand that they aren't the same thing. And I apologize if you *though* it would be anything more than what they said.

You have enough to unlock Cathar. One month stipend unlocks it. THAT is all they said.

No one said you'd be able to afford BOTH a Cathar unlock AND a species change. I'm sorry if you don't understand that they aren't the same thing. And I apologize if you *though* it would be anything more than what they said.

Read the post, I DON'T have enough CC to unlock Cathar, and I one month stipend is NOT enough to unlock it. One month Stipend isn't enough to afford Cathar OR the barbershop.

Read the post, I DON'T have enough CC to unlock Cathar, and I one month stipend is NOT enough to unlock it. One month Stipend isn't enough to afford Cathar OR the barbershop.

Apologies.

Anyone with a sub AND a FREE SECURITY KEY, or anyone who subs for more than a month at a time. Or anyone that doesn't blow through all of their 500cc every month.

So, one month w/ free sec key IS ENOUGH. And considering the VAST majority of people have the free key, or a physical one? Yeah.

And even 500cc is enough to use some of the barbershop. Obviously not all of it -- but that is like complaining you can't purchase every new item added in the newest update with one month sub. Patience is a virtue.

there is no point responding the 'everything is free' posts. it will not understand anything you post, no matter how clear and simple you make it. there is a fair chance it won't even read your posts. it might skim it for a couple keywords to make it look like it's reply is relevant. maybe if you ignore it, it will go away.

there is no point responding the 'everything is free' posts. it will not understand anything you post, no matter how clear and simple you make it. there is a fair chance it won't even read your posts. it might skim it for a couple keywords to make it look like it's reply is relevant. maybe if you ignore it, it will go away.

Funny, I didn't say that anything was free. I'm merely saying that you DO have Cartel Coins included in your subscription. And, with those, you can choose to purchase an unlock without spending additional money on top of your subscription.

Seems you're the only one ignoring other peoples posts.

LOL.. /signed.

I guess though.. if enough people say it.. maybe OP thinks it will come true. :p

Hey, don't dismiss that. There are millions - BILLIONS - of people the world over who swear by the results of a telephone game started about 6,000 years ago!

Edited by DarthTHC

Apologies.

Anyone with a sub AND a FREE SECURITY KEY, or anyone who subs for more than a month at a time. Or anyone that doesn't blow through all of their 500cc every month.

So, one month w/ free sec key IS ENOUGH. And considering the VAST majority of people have the free key, or a physical one? Yeah.

And even 500cc is enough to use some of the barbershop. Obviously not all of it -- but that is like complaining you can't purchase every new item added in the newest update with one month sub. Patience is a virtue.

So if I have a smartphone OR I'm lucky enough to live in North America where physical security keys are available, THEN I would receive enough CC to get Cathar?

Additionally, I find it offensive when you infer that myself and others who don't have enough CC for the new content just "blow through all of their 500cc every month". Fact is, most of the new content released this year (outside of ROHC, which we all paid for separately and thus cannot be counted as part of our subs) has been Cartel Market exclusive, and if you want to enjoy the new content (I know I do!), you do have to spend your cartel coins.

About the Barbershop costing less per slider you move, how many sliders would move if I switched my race from Twi'lek to Cathar? Probably most of them since very few of those customizations are on both races?