How to discern "World Arcs"?

Convectuoso

What quests are considered to be a part of the world arcs, are there generally one line of quests that I'm supposed to follow for those and does every planet have one? I remember hearing about world arcs back when the game was in development and even watching a dev video example of a group quest world arc that was like a 10 quest chain.

I'd like to basically shoot through my class quests and the main storyline of each planet while skipping other side quests for warzones instead, but so far on Coruscant and Taris I really have had no idea which those are there doesn't seem to be a clear world arc that's separate from my class quest, nar shadaa seems to have one but I haven't finished it yet.

I basically just don't want to go around picking up every single quest and clearing the whole planet, hopefully that's not required to unlock the world arcs.

Not sure if it'll be 100% effective, but for the most part the World Arc should start with one of the very first quests you'll have the option to pick up on each planet. While most "side-quests" will end in an area where there are other quests around you can pick up, the World Arc quests should continually give you actual breadcrumb quests like "Go to Sergeant Bob at Bob's Landspeeder Emporium to see if he needs help" that link one quest to the next throughout the story arc.

If a quest ended without giving you a new quest right there (usually to go talk to another NPC), it was probably a side-quest, if it gives a followup quest explicitly telling you to move on the next area, chances are its the World Arc - just keep following that chain.

Yes. World arc quests will go from hub to hub. When you finish a world arc quest, you will always get a followup quest in the same dialogue to head to the next area(with a few exceptions. First time on Voss, I didn't get a followup quest to head to the last area of the planet, but that could have been a bug as it was a very long time ago and I was able to pick up the world arc quest from the first hub there anyway)

The Republic doesn't really get a world arc at all until Tatooine. The Taris quests are only loosely connected to each other, and the Nar Shaddaa quests mostly just go by sector. Starting on Tatooine, you'll usually get your world arc quests as you leave the spaceport, before pretty much everything else. On worlds with a space station - Balmorra, Quesh, Hoth, Belsavis, Voss - you'll start those quests on the orbital space station instead, right before you get into the shuttle to go down to the planet's surface.

Most times for a world Arc quest, you'll be stopped in the space station before you hit your planet, or in the space port.

usually if you see a diamond anywhere in a docking hanger or spacrport, probably a world arc quest.