The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.1 and Subscribers

Ironskillit

I understand why Bioware/EA have made it so that you have to pay to change your name/appearance. I mean, you had the chance to alter it however you liked when you started the game. The problem I have however, is that us subs have to pay to unlock the new styles/colours - I understand F2P'ers having to pay to unlock them, but really, subs have to pay as well just to unlock them? Ideally, the styles/colours should be free to subs with a grace period so we can change our hair style/colour without having to pay, then add a 'fee' after x amount of time.

This Im 100% supporting but I still feel that 1000 CC is to much for a name change it shpuld have been at 500. I mean 1k? Comon! I know you get monthly CC and I really feel you should use that but! You have to wait 2 months to change a name, then even more if you like to change the legacy too and maybe other looks so there 5 month of wait? might aswell reroll or pay more than you can dont you think?

This nickel and diming subs just to change your hair style or color is really in bad taste and has me thinking of not redoing my sub for my self and my son. Its not just the hair thing its the over all direction that Bioware/EA seems to be going. Our last content patch was going to be free as well as Cathar. Now we get charged for both as well as being charged for a simple hair style change. Then they add Human / chiss hair styles... why are being charged per race for hair styles when there is no difference. All the other hair styles work other then with 2 races. Yet they are charging for each race. The greed of this company is about to make it so they get ZERO money from me at all.

And then suddenly, out of the blue, when F2P came out you were given, absolutely free, 500 Cartel Coins per month to "spend" (cough!) any way you wanted on Cartel Market,

The point is, that there is so much stuff to buy now, but one has only so much Cartel Coins.

It didn't need to. It's just a minor incremental update. It gave people some stuff they have been clamoring for and that they said they would pay for. So Bioware said OK and did what they were asked to do.

And it worked.

Have you seen the mob scene on the fleet? People are lining up in droves because they are so excited to spend money on colors, of all things. Colors! It's like claiming you need Twinkies to survive and all Twinkies should be free.

Now think back a few months. Remember when there was no F2P? How many Cartel Coins were you given?

ZERO.

And then suddenly, out of the blue, when F2P came out you were given, absolutely free, 500 Cartel Coins per month to "spend" (cough!) any way you wanted on Cartel Market, stuff that cost real money for F2P players. In essence Bioware rebates $5.00 of your subscription each month. They effectively lowered your subscription rate and gave you $5.00 per month so you could have "fun" in the Cartel Market without spending ANY extra money (money as in real money)

Now, you may claim that those CCs are not "worth" it so for you it does NOT mean you got yourself $5.00/month free, and if you believe that then GOOD FOR YOU because you are a discerning player who realizes that most of the CM stuff is fluff and the small amount of stuff that is not can usually be purchased with credits instead.

And for the very few things that are NOT (if there are any) use your FREE Cartel Coins to BUY them, those FREE coins that were suddenly handed to you out of the blue that you didn't get before F2P.

But Nooooooooo! Instead you declare that "everything should be free!" That may be your point of view, but you know what? That's not how it is. And if you get this upset over a friggin' COLOR, for chrissakes, then perhaps it would be best all around if you found another sandbox to play in.

You people remind me of folks on welfare who buy Cheetos with my tax money and then complain they can't by cigarettes with their EBT cards, too.

1. 500cc is a precise calculation of just UNDER what it would take to buy anything thus inciting me to "buy more"

so essentially it's a slightly "dirtier"mirror of every know tax revenue system ... I will give you 5 back but charge you 10 for something else along the line.

""Oh but you just have to save up your ""free"" stipend and get whatever you want""

Bu||****, I subscribe so I don't have to wait, or save, or deal with micro-transaction crap ... it defeats the entire g0d damn purpose of subscribing.

2. Anything added to a game is "content". Stupid Farrah hair or a shiny new 52 Op, doesn't matter it is still ""content"" and purchasing a game from the store and subscribing to it for a monthly fee should in an ideal "non-douchbaggery" world cover my access to all of it's content.

It's not a "sense of entitlement" as people here are so apt to label, its the entire reason I preordered and subscribed ... So I would have access to the games content and I wouldn't have to "nickle and dime" my way to the $hit I actually want to access.

Currently almost everything included in our subscription is available in some form on the Cartel Market and thus on TGTN, whilst the reverse is NOT even remotely true ... and yet I'm a "founder / subscriber / preorderer"

My subscription is being unarguably devalued with every patch.

It didn't need to. It's just a minor incremental update. It gave people some stuff they have been clamoring for and that they said they would pay for. So Bioware said OK and did what they were asked to do.

And it worked.

Have you seen the mob scene on the fleet? People are lining up in droves because they are so excited to spend money on colors, of all things. Colors! It's like claiming you need Twinkies to survive and all Twinkies should be free.

Now think back a few months. Remember when there was no F2P? How many Cartel Coins were you given?

ZERO.

And then suddenly, out of the blue, when F2P came out you were given, absolutely free, 500 Cartel Coins per month to "spend" (cough!) any way you wanted on Cartel Market, stuff that cost real money for F2P players. In essence Bioware rebates $5.00 of your subscription each month. They effectively lowered your subscription rate and gave you $5.00 per month so you could have "fun" in the Cartel Market without spending ANY extra money (money as in real money)

Now, you may claim that those CCs are not "worth" it so for you it does NOT mean you got yourself $5.00/month free, and if you believe that then GOOD FOR YOU because you are a discerning player who realizes that most of the CM stuff is fluff and the small amount of stuff that is not can usually be purchased with credits instead.

And for the very few things that are NOT (if there are any) use your FREE Cartel Coins to BUY them, those FREE coins that were suddenly handed to you out of the blue that you didn't get before F2P.

But Nooooooooo! Instead you declare that "everything should be free!" That may be your point of view, but you know what? That's not how it is. And if you get this upset over a friggin' COLOR, for chrissakes, then perhaps it would be best all around if you found another sandbox to play in.

You people remind me of folks on welfare who buy Cheetos with my tax money and then complain they can't by cigarettes with their EBT cards, too.

Its not a $5 rebate at all, it can be seen as them moving content that you would have normally gotten as part of your subscription to the market and giving you a gift card to buy some of the things you want, assuming you dont blow it all on legally shady online gambling like most seem to do.

I think if they want their 500CC philosophy to work they should NEVER price ANY new content above 500CC, or drop the 500CC and give the new content away for free. The subscribers that havent been on long enough to earn 600CC got the exact same update that F2P players did, and that is despicable.

Edited by coolmccoolson