Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Power, Crit, or Both?

DarkSyn

ok so im running a deception spec assassin and was going to start min/max my gear for pvp before 2.0 i had ran all power and then all crit then a mix of both but it seems to me and alot of other people that power for a deception spec assassin is the way to go. also ive heard that the DR on Crit is at 25% and other assassins ive talked to on our server say its 35%? so witch is it and if it is 25% or 35% should i stack crit to the cap then stack power or just go all power and all crit?

ok so im running a deception spec assassin and was going to start min/max my gear for pvp before 2.0 i had ran all power and then all crit then a mix of both but it seems to me and alot of other people that power for a deception spec assassin is the way to go. also ive heard that the DR on Crit is at 25% and other assassins ive talked to on our server say its 35%? so witch is it and if it is 25% or 35% should i stack crit to the cap then stack power or just go all power and all crit?

The crit DR kicks in heavily after 20%. So, if you have the agent and companion buff, that would be 26%. I'm rolling 0 CR on my Deception Sin right now. Maul doesn't crit as often as I'd like with only 17% chance, but, meh...

Crit has no real DR com paired to pre 2.0.

It scales VERY slowly. But it also diminished very slowly. You would have to stack stupid amounts to smash into a noticable DR.

But power is certainly the way to go for deception. In madness you'd want very little crit.

The crit DR kicks in heavily after 20%.

This is definitely not true.

There is hardly any noticeable diminishing for critical rating at any point within the amounts you can realistically have.

The curvature of the diminishing curve for critical rating is so shallow that it is almost difficult to distinguish it from a straight line, unless you go to impossibly high amounts.

http://i.imgur.com/yDA34pg.jpg

Also even if there was a "soft cap" for critical rating (and there isn't unless you count 0 crit rating as such) telling the number for your total critical chance is not an accurate way to tell when you have reached it, since total critical chance is affected also by main stats and the amount you have of that is not always the same, and having more crit chance gained from main stat does not affect how much diminishing the crit gained from critical rating has.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.