Star Wars: War of the Dream Teams Rules Clarification Thread

What great argument all I see is an argument for a covert ops killing a command staff this plot armor does not prevent that.

The point is you have yet to address my point all I have said is you have yet to bring up a point at all, everything you have brought up is a none point as it is covered in the rule.

So far your only issue is with the name of it not the actual rule or the power of it. you just don't like the name plot armor had I not put that forth you would not be able to use the name as a reason.

This argument has nothing to do with covert operations, you were fine with it before and for some reason seem to be bashing it now.

The thing in place that makes them not scared to do it is the commanders personal power. I'm fine with putting Darth Cognus into battle because I know she can win and I no if she loses she can escape. However if someone put forward a really good argument for why she dies, I would not want to just say 'plot armour' and crap all over it. Nor would I want someone to do that to me.
What if a bomb drops on her head? If that a covert operation? What if the reason for why said bomb drops on her is a well reasoned one backed up with canonical facts etc? Do we just reject it. Again, I vote that we do not.

In fact you accepted our decision a while ago and now seem to have changed your mind.

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument has nothing to do with covert operations, you were fine with it before and for some reason seem to be bashing it now.

What if a bomb drops on her head? If that a cover operation? What if the reason for why said bomb drops on her is a well reasoned one backed up with canonical facts etc? Do we just reject it. Again, I vote that we do not.

In fact you accepted our decision a while ago and now seem to have changed your mind.

actually I had an issue with it before I said it then you ignored me as usual surprise surprise I have never accepted it and have reposted it several times to be re-read since it was ignored......... also what bomb where no one has a ship that can bomb in orbit if they are bombing from space then you have already lost the battle falls under lost battle.

Edit: all in all though that last one did actually give a reason and guess what....... that's all I wanted you win I will take your vote with out hasseling you any further.

Edit: I hassle because I care. :) all in all I am just trying to keep every one honost.... I know I can be a pain in the *** but as you know I find it neccisarry some times but thank you for providing an actual reason that had to do with the rule as written rather then plot armor as it pertains to novels as this was never the same.

Edit: all in all though it was inplace to make sure nothing stupid happened to the command staff which I know you have faith that it wont but my faith in humanity is not as good as albert einstien once said there are 2 things infinite in this universe the universe and human stupidity and he wasn't sure about the first one.... not saying any one is dumb, just that every one makes mistakes and rules are put forth to try to prevent mistakes from being made..... because it only takes 3 to make the mistake the odds of which I feel are to high to take that chance especially with the argueing I have already done here lol :p:

Edited by tunewalker

My reasons were posted 8 pages back. Either way I think for now we have reached a temporary conclusion on this and should wait for the remaining members of the Council to vote on it.

I am good now beni check my edits I know I give you a hard time but its all in the spirit of keeping things fair.

Pretty much beni I had to argue so hard because the only reason's given as good reason's as to why the command staff member dies in a battle you win was a covert ops mission about sneaking on board or a battle between maul and Jinn that jinn lost which would be classified as a moral leader on champion battle thus 2 command staff members as these were the only examples given and aurbere said don't worry its pretty much not going to happen you wont lose a command staff member in a battle really unless you lose or a covert mission is done..... which as star pointed out was what the rule said I wasn't there to argue you guys at the time because I had work and from that point on every post I made was ignored in its regards till now.

Edited by tunewalker