The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best Proc Relic for Tanking?

sentawan

As far double stacking relics..... Not sure about 2 PvPs. I know a PvE and a PvP will stack. I know 1 UW or Ark will stack with a Pre 2.0 DG relic. Don't know about any other combinations.

For viability....I know the math came out that double stacking healing relics was only optimal at lower DTPM. I believe it was some where between 2k and 3k. Higher than that and heal+ def proc was better and anything over 6k was def proc+ static def.

You would have to dig the threads to get the exact numbers.

there was some talk somewhere that some people suspect that some relics that do stack now do so because of a bug and are not working as intended, so there is a risk that someday they will fix it and relics that do work together now will stop working

As far double stacking relics..... Not sure about 2 PvPs. I know a PvE and a PvP will stack. I know 1 UW or Ark will stack with a Pre 2.0 DG relic. Don't know about any other combinations.

For viability....I know the math came out that double stacking healing relics was only optimal at lower DTPM. I believe it was some where between 2k and 3k. Higher than that and heal+ def proc was better and anything over 6k was def proc+ static def.

You would have to dig the threads to get the exact numbers.

Thank you, but I am really looking for BiS for PvP.

Any ideas?

Thank you, but I am really looking for BiS for PvP.

Any ideas?

I myself am not a PvPer, but i would imagine the concept would be the same for PvP.

Lower incoming damage gets the most benefit from self healing. As the rate of incoming damage goes up, defense becomes more valuable. Since the for the highest damage fights (pve wise) you would want def proc and static def., I would guess that using the pvp versions would be the same. you would just have to figure out what an average pvp fight's incoming was compared to a pve fight. High, Med, or low.

But again....I don't pvp and could just be in left field with a football bat on this one.

Since the for the highest damage fights (pve wise) you would want def proc and static def., I would guess that using the pvp versions would be the same.

The reason why the def relics are considered better is because of the ratio of M/R attacks to F/T attacks. In PvP, the ratio is *substantially* higher. As such, Absorb and Shield are going to be more valuable than they are in PvE. The only this might get wonky is with autocrits (since crit takes precedence over shield on the "type of hit" roll), but those are a less common than they used to be.