The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Change the price of the hypercrates

I can already tell you that that won't happen.

The trick is, that people buy an X amount of coins to purchase the thing they want, and then end up with spare coins to buy more stuff. Or better even: be short a bunch more coins to buy even more stuff. So players either buy more coins than they need, and create a sense of "I don't want to waste those coins I paid for", encouraging the player to buy even more coins, to have enough coins to put those extra coins to use on something else desirable.

Now the whole trick is: you'll always have a few coins left that would go to waste! The prices of your purchases will rarely add up to a perfect 5500 or 11000 coins.

Works like that in almost every pseudo-currency based micro transaction system.

I can already tell you that that won't happen.

The trick is, that people buy an X amount of coins to purchase the thing they want, and then end up with spare coins to buy more stuff. Or better even: be short a bunch more coins to buy even more stuff. So players either buy more coins than they need, and create a sense of "I don't want to waste those coins I paid for", encouraging the player to buy even more coins, to have enough coins to put those extra coins to use on something else desirable.

Now the whole trick is: you'll always have a few coins left that would go to waste! The prices of your purchases will rarely add up to a perfect 5500 or 11000 coins.

Works like that in almost every pseudo-currency based micro transaction system.

Yep.

Those cunning marketting peeps!