The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lightsaber whip

though I will admit it would be nice but for a lightsaber whip to actually function in the correct manner they would have to do some reprogramming to the combat system and add abilities to where it function correctly like it should. In the combat system we have it would be very difficult. A lightsaber whip functions like a whip.

Lightwhips generally functioned on the same principles and mechanics as lightsabers, emitting a coherent beam of energy that was used as a weapon. However, rather than the straight, meter long blades emitted by standard lightsabers, lightwhips featured long, flexible blades that often exceeded several meters in length. Instead of one large crystal they contained multiple small crysals and the plasma in the blade had no cell barriers to keep it straight. It appeared standard for these weapons to emit only single blades, though "cat o' nine tails-style" lightwhips with multiple tassels were not unheard of, as the Sith Lumiya owned one.Like lightsabers, lightwhips came in a variety of colors and shades, including red, orange, pink, yellow, and green.

Wielded in the same manner as a proper whip, the lightwhip was a rare and exotic weapon, an unfamiliar occurrence among traditional duelists. Due to this, lightwhip wielders enjoyed a considerable amount of leverage over opponents.] Along with its rarity, lightwhips also featured copious range, the long, flexible energy strand allowing the wielder to attack from a range of several meters. The weapon was also difficult to defend against, as it could simply flex around an opponent's blade when he attempted to parry.When multiple tassels were included, the whip was able to overwhelm the defenses of enemies by attacking them from all sides

• 1 month later...

I'll second, third, or whatever we are up to this idea. I would love to see this implemented as a sorcerer/sage weapon.

It doesn't strike me as being terribly difficult for them to implement something like this. The attack animation would just be similar to the grappling hooks with a similar or shorter range. Maybe add a few special ability with them such as a stun/choke (channelled effect) that gives the animation of lightning or whirling stones running down the length of the light whip to hit the target. They would make a great deal more sense for these classes to wield than a regular lightsaber since all of their other abilities are ranged, but they are left going melee if they run out of force.