What is the best class to use for Repub, and Empire.

benovide

faction have twin classes.

i'd go sage/sorcerer or operative scoundrel

about gear, stick with the pvp provided then buy more of the pieces you feel have the best mods enhancement for you and change with the ones you want to replace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ops/scoundrels not only as was said - the stealth, the big heals, the HOT's.. but it's a very mobile class and you can cast just about everything except the big heal and the tac advantage required small'ish heal while running and moving. ooh and also the fun side benefit is if your target is being focused and at 30% or less health you get to cast limitless quick heals for zero energy, and never lose your tactical advantage.

in pvp any class that has to stand still a large part of the time is going to be a big fat target, and healers are already targets enough as it is. so op/scoundrel heals seem like the best, and most mobile plus you can regen your energy easy enough if you can take a second or 2 to cast diagnostic heal every so often :) which is nice. i like sages/sorcs too but the worst is when you're oom, but there's still heals needed to be cast.

Edited by Feztonio

• 3 weeks later...
ops/scoundrels not only as was said - the stealth, the big heals, the HOT's.. but it's a very mobile class and you can cast just about everything except the big heal and the tac advantage required small'ish heal while running and moving. ooh and also the fun side benefit is if your target is being focused and at 30% or less health you get to cast limitless quick heals for zero energy, and never lose your tactical advantage.

in pvp any class that has to stand still a large part of the time is going to be a big fat target, and healers are already targets enough as it is. so op/scoundrel heals seem like the best, and most mobile plus you can regen your energy easy enough if you can take a second or 2 to cast diagnostic heal every so often :) which is nice. i like sages/sorcs too but the worst is when you're oom, but there's still heals needed to be cast.

I'd like to stop here for a moment, I won't argue about number of tools for operative healer.

1 stun (4m) and one mass mezz (8s 10m) is hardly 'ton'

you can't get away from casting big heal. kolto probe (hot), kolto cloud (15 sec CD) and surgical probe will not heal any1 who is attacked by dps with more buttons then basic attack. sure, hots will delay death, but ain't good enouth in hand to hand combat.

target getting focused will not be saved by surgical probe either at best you can delay death (unless dps gives up or dies). I don't know where that myth comes from,. maybe from poorly skilled dpsrs - what it can do, is help heal thro dps burst, get person to that magical 30% and hope he survives 1,7 sec for that big heal of mine (sometimes I use that other one I never remember name of small heal + nice hot, combined with kolto cloud is nice heal if I have to move quickly, but eats energy like a hungry kitten)

I don't deny mobility of OP heals, but we can't do everything on the run.

Edited by Atramar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.