Place Comma (,) Inbetween Numbers Larger than 3 Digits

chriscshunter

It seems that it depends on game localisation

French UI (Look at credits from quest, and hour format)

Zut alors!

So those of us Europeans who play the game in English are forced to do things the Septic way, having dates in the wrong order and misspelling armour. :D

Seriously though, if both versions are coded, couldn't we have a preference switch for things like dates and times? I'm willing to forgive you for the whole 'armour' and 'valour' thing.

Why wouldn't an American Company use American formating as the standards for the American English localization of their client? If I were to travel to the UK or EU I wouldn't expect them to "Americanize" their products and services for me.

Why wouldn't an American Company use American formating as the standards for the American English localization of their client? If I were to travel to the UK or EU I wouldn't expect them to "Americanize" their products and services for me.

I don't know why you wouldn't that especially when it's really simple.

I understand they can't localize completely the game into every culture but really TOR being a game developed for Windows it's just a matter of adding an existing function call to take into account cultures when displaying numbers/date/clock.

Zut alors!

So those of us Europeans who play the game in English are forced to do things the Septic way, having dates in the wrong order and misspelling armour. :D

Seriously though, if both versions are coded, couldn't we have a preference switch for things like dates and times? I'm willing to forgive you for the whole 'armour' and 'valour' thing.

Wow very interesting indeed. So they can clearly do this for different regions in the game. Like you said they should have a preference to swap this around...

Edited by chriscshunter

I didn't travel to America to play this game. I'm sitting in the UK, having bought this game in the UK. There are localised versions for French and German speaking EU citizens, but not English speaking ones. We just get fobbed off with the US version.

To use you analogy, if I owned a company making a product which I intended to export to the US, then I would produce a US version for that market.