The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Colors?

Chemmie

short answer? No.

long answer? too soon to tell you all the colors. they also have different effects on different armor. the partisan set deep purple looks almost pastel, while on the eradicator armor actually looks deep purple. It doesnt help that the dye pack is a random set of colors. (ok i get people are dumb enough to buy it, but come on, let ppl buy the colors they want if they are paying cash here)

The colours you can craft with Artifice are all hideous, and you have to take pot luck buying colours from the Cartel. I would have no problem spending real money to get new colours if I could actually choose what colour I'm paying for.

My patience is begining to wear thin. I was really looking forward to this update, but they have implemented it in a way that seems designed just to get people's backs up. Maximum aggrevation factor. I'm starting to get the impression that they really hate their customers.

The colours you can craft with Artifice are all hideous, and you have to take pot luck buying colours from the Cartel. I would have no problem spending real money to get new colours if I could actually choose what colour I'm paying for.

My patience is begining to wear thin. I was really looking forward to this update, but they have implemented it in a way that seems designed just to get people's backs up. Maximum aggrevation factor. I'm starting to get the impression that they really hate their customers.

I doubt its hate so much as how we let the system work for them. I mean lets face it, how many cartel packs have we bought? Im not talking individually (cuz i dont spend any cash buying packs) but there are some out there that have drops tons of cash on random loot boxes. So if its successful, why not do it with everything right? after all you end up paying like 50 bucks before you get the colors you want....one time?

except in my case this is a big wrong. right up there with the eradicator's mask costing just as much to unlock on account as it does to buy one. (compare all others being half price) I wont actually buy any dye kits until I can buy the colors I want. the security key vendor isn't too bad (but just one white/red pattern is not plural packs like implied in the announcement) but most are just hideos to the extreme.

its also a poor implementation of the system IMO. instead of one slot for dyes, two would have sufficed. one for primary one for secondary and then issued colors individually.

By now we have several threads on how bad the colors are and how bad the restrictions are and how bad Bioware is, blah blah blah. And yet, the line up to buy colors is extremely long on the fleet. It's a mob scene and you can't even get close! It's like a Blue Light Special at K-Mart.

...its also a poor implementation of the system IMO. instead of one slot for dyes, two would have sufficed. one for primary one for secondary and then issued colors individually.

This is so true. Single colour dyes, two slots, you can colour how you like. But no, they have to make it awkward and tedious, just like everything else. They promise customization, but do it in a half-assed manner, it's like they can't give up that last little bit of control over our appearance. "No, my foolish children, you shall have the colour combinations that WE choose."

I think they see cool features in other MMOs and think, "how can we make that less fun?"

God, I swore I'd never become one of those people who complain all the time on the forums, and yet, here I am. You got me in the end, Bioware.

Edited by PLynkes