Hk-47

CodyM

Note: This contains spoilers from SWG and minor spoilers from SWTOR. You have been warned.

For those who played SWG, like myself (Flamester Cody from Shadowfire) you will remember the amazing return to Mustafar expansion. One of the 2 major plot lines involved with the story was being tricked by the lovable killing machine into getting him into a droid body. He then goes on to awaken a droid army and it is your mission to stop him. At the end of the quest line, you defeat him and destroy his army, but you get a message from him, indicating that he was, indeed, still alive and well.

My question is, will Bioware ever create a book detailing how HK-47 ended up on the cruiser in the first place? The Separatists found him first, then after he went on a rampage, after activating the restraining bolt on him and transferred his memory and thought patterns into a functioning sub-system of the crashed cruiser and took the empty chassis with them.Separatist scientists now began studying design elements of HK-47 and incorporating them into their own technology, hoping to create new droid models that would help them defeat the Republic. The result was the new HK-77 model.Meanwhile HK-47's AI managed to meld with the ship and took over its operational systems, forcing the scientists to seal up the ship and disconnect the uplink to the droid factory. 20 years later, the plot for the escape from Mustafar occurs.

But again, how did HK end up from being destroyed while protecting Malgus to being deactivated aboard a hammerclass cruiser? Will Bioware create a book or something detailing as such? And what of his fate after his escape from Mustafar 4020 years after Swtor?

Thoughts?

I haven't played SWG to be honest but again, having in mind how many times HK-47 was disassembled and reassembled over the course of KoTOR, KoTOR 2 and TOR, I guess it's safe to assume that probably someone yet again recovered him from Malgus' Space Station and got to it.

There is kinda a problem...no one was really around in the station, because well it exploded. Seeing as HK-47 was destroyed, I doubt that someone would in a panic wanting to get off the station would find a dismantled droid interesting enough to risk their lives for.

There is kinda a problem...no one was really around in the station, because well it exploded. Seeing as HK-47 was destroyed, I doubt that someone would in a panic wanting to get off the station would find a dismantled droid interesting enough to risk their lives for.

Well it isn't just a droid. It is a highly advanced protocol assassination droid. So it isn't that hard to believe that someone would want to have him as their own. Just look at the amount of people that wanted him in the past...most of which he ended up killing himself but nevertheless.

Well it isn't just a droid. It is a highly advanced protocol assassination droid. So it isn't that hard to believe that someone would want to have him as their own. Just look at the amount of people that wanted him in the past...most of which he ended up killing himself but nevertheless.

He is still a droid none the less, an assassin droid yes...but I still don't think anyone would risk their lives just to have an assassin droid, especially if the droid was destroyed. But we shall see what happens.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He is still a droid none the less, an assassin droid yes...but I still don't think anyone would risk their lives just to have an assassin droid, especially if the droid was destroyed. But we shall see what happens.

That's the thing, I am wondering if Bioware even knows that he was in SWG. I am hoping they continue his story, but if they disregard due to not knowing that he was in swg..I am going to be disappointing.

That's the thing, I am wondering if Bioware even knows that he was in SWG. I am hoping they continue his story, but if they disregard due to not knowing that he was in swg..I am going to be disappointing.

Well seeing as SWG was shut down, and really nothing of importance happened in the game....they could just ignore it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well seeing as SWG was shut down, and really nothing of importance happened in the game....they could just ignore it.

Look at it from a business stand point then. HK-47 is a fan favourite. People would jump at the chance to read a book, or play a game, involving his comeback. They would pay for it. Wanting to know. I don't see why they shouldn't acknowledge it.

Look at it from a business stand point then. HK-47 is a fan favourite. People would jump at the chance to read a book, or play a game, involving his comeback. They would pay for it. Wanting to know. I don't see why they shouldn't acknowledge it.

Why does he need to come back though? Every character has to have an end at some point.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Why does he need to come back though? Every character has to have an end at some point.

It's a loose end is why. He is still alive, as evident by the events of Return to Mustafar. And is off somewhere in the galaxy. I am curious in seeing what Bioware can do with that, and I am sure others are as well.

The events of SWG were either retconed or were never considered canon to begin with therefore no explanation is needed.

Even if there needed to be an explanation it wouldn't require an entire book to do so. It would require a paragraph at most.

Whether it's ever officially explained in a book, comic, future patch, etc. or not, I think it's pretty easy to explain as someone on the station taking off with him after he was defeated but before the strike force got to Malgus and the station blew up.

He was clearly deemed important enough to rebuild after The Foundry, not hard to imagine that someone else saw him as valuable enough to abscond with if they figured things weren't looking too good for the New Empire.

Luke had time to drag Vader's dying butt to a shuttle before the Death Star II blew up after all.

The events of SWG were either retconed or were never considered canon to begin with therefore no explanation is needed.

Yea your word isn't law.

Even if there needed to be an explanation it wouldn't require an entire book to do so. It would require a paragraph at most.

Would still prefer something than nothing. And again, HK-47 would be alive and well after the events on Mustafar, so there can be a series of stories after that as well.

Yea your word isn't law.

Didn't say or act like it was. All I did was state the obvious, or what should've been obvious rather.

What of SWG tied into any other SW media? SWG is basically ignored when it comes to EU content, and that's not an opinion. Now why given that were you not able to put together the possibility that SWG wasn't part of any canon or had been retconed?

Would still prefer something than nothing. And again, HK-47 would be alive and well after the events on Mustafar, so there can be a series of stories after that as well.

Which would have no impact on TOR so I don't see why it matters in regards to this game.

Not to mention there's a chance that Disney is just going to retcon decades worth of EU content with the new movies.

I don't see why right now is the time to do this.

Didn't say or act like it was. All I did was state the obvious, or what should've been obvious rather.

What of SWG tied into any other SW media? SWG is basically ignored when it comes to EU content, and that's not an opinion. Now why given that were you not able to put together the possibility that SWG wasn't part of any canon or had been retconed?

It takes place between the fourth and fifth movies, and the EU may ignore it, but it does not contradict anything that is posted in the EU. So it still stands as canon unless stated otherwise. To say it is retconned ir not part of canon, with no evidence or source to back up your claim, does not help your argument.

Which would have no impact on TOR so I don't see why it matters in regards to this game.

Not to mention there's a chance that Disney is just going to retcon decades worth of EU content with the new movies.

I don't see why right now is the time to do this.

Read the post before replying. I wondered if Bioware was going to continue HK's story later on in books or another sort of game. Not necessarily in TOR.

SWG isn't canon.

/thread

Player-created content is non-canon (so it's not canon that xXDarthDymondXx had a large summer home built in a Tatooine city that _Talking_Dinosaur_ was once mayor of for six weeks), but the story content, like HK-47 on Mustafar, is the same level of canon as TOR:

When Leland Chee was asked on the StarWars.com Message Boards if Star Wars Galaxies is generally ignored when it comes to canon, he replied with:

"As far as the Holocron is concerned, I don't ignore anything. Licensing checks continuity in Galaxies like we would for any other game, book, or toy. As I do my continuity checks, the information gets entered into the database. I also incorporate anything from the Galaxies website and strategy guides."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Galaxies

Edited by DarthDymond

You're right, it's not an opinion--it's simply false.

I don't like it when people say things like, "It's not opinion, it's fact!" and then are blatantly lying. SWG is not only referenced in EU material, but it clearly is regarded as canon by Leland Chee.

On topic: I would love an explanation of how HK made it to the crashed cruiser, but I also am content knowing that for some thousands of years, HK was probably having adventures around the galaxy until he was found on Mustafar.

Edited by Ravager

Player-created content is non-canon (so it's not canon that xXDarthDymondXx had a large summer home built in a Tatooine city that _Talking_Dinosaur_ was once mayor of for six weeks), but the story content, like HK-47 on Mustafar, is the same level of canon as TOR:

When Leland Chee was asked on the StarWars.com Message Boards if Star Wars Galaxies is generally ignored when it comes to canon, he replied with:

"As far as the Holocron is concerned, I don't ignore anything. Licensing checks continuity in Galaxies like we would for any other game, book, or toy. As I do my continuity checks, the information gets entered into the database. I also incorporate anything from the Galaxies website and strategy guides."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Galaxies

"S (secondary) canon refers to older, less accurate, or less coherent EU works, which would not ordinarily fit in the main continuity of G and C canon. For example, this includes the popular online roleplaying game Star Wars Galaxies, and certain elements of a few N-canon stories."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Expanded_Universe#Official_levels_of_canon

It's debatable then I guess.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

"S (secondary) canon refers to older, less accurate, or less coherent EU works, which would not ordinarily fit in the main continuity of G and C canon. For example, this includes the popular online roleplaying game Star Wars Galaxies, and certain elements of a few N-canon stories."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Expanded_Universe#Official_levels_of_canon

It's debatable then I guess.

No, it's not. Everything in Star Wars is on the same "plane" of canon (hence Leland Chee not leaving out anything)--the labeling of "G," "C," and "S" canons and others is to work around contradictions.

For instance, Obi-Wan has different parts to his back story. The movies, which are G-canon, are part of his back story, but there may also be a C-canon work that talks about his childhood and a S-canon work from a decade ago that talks about training in the Jedi Order. All of those can exist with one another as long as they don't contradict with the rest of the Star Wars universe or each other. Now, let's say the C-canon work did conflict with the S-canon work about who Obi-Wan's parents were. Because the S-canon work is older and "less accurate," the C-canon's version of who Obi-Wan's parents were is automatically the established canon. This doesn't void the entirety of the S-canon work, but the part where Obi-Wan's parents are mentioned is.

This is how the Thrawn novels were worked around; if contradictions came up later during the movie period (which they did), they were simply retconned and the more accurate version of events was put in the overall continuity while parts that didn't contradict stayed within canon.

Edited by Ravager