The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Huttball Championships - Republic vs Empire

I think by bringing it up he is meaning that telepathy isn't usable as while it doesn't alter the mind it does use the opponents mind against them but this is my interpretation of what he is saying I don't think it matters though as both teams can do this so doesn't really give any one an edge I am just curious as to how the empire might be able to win they don't have a large enough power advantage nor do they have any kind of tactical advantage to overcome the speed advantage the republic has.

No tactical advantage? Are you suggesting that everyone on the Empire team, are a bunch of morons? Power advantage....they do have considerable power, dunno why your saying they don't. There is also the tech that Boba brings to the table, that the Republic doesn't have here.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that excluding telepathy and telepathy based things or just mind trick, or is it excluding mind trick but not the other forms of mind powers?
Anything noted on this page.

And IMO, the Imps have the advantage of being able to hold the ball and keep it i.e. Vader tanking. Nor should we by any means assume they are 'slow' - Vader is proficient in using the Force to propel himself forward, Malgus is in fact extremely agile, Boba has a jetpack and Revan, well he's just about as agile as any other Force user.

On the other hand Satele is all that more agile and Meetra Surik is a known user of Force speed. Nonetheless Obi-Wan is exactly renowned for agility and Jace Malcom is a far more stationery player. I'd suggest he be tasked with holding the mid with suppresive fire etc.

Edited by Beniboybling

I didn't, in fact I was quite surpised when I read on her Wookie page: Shan was skilled with the use of telekinesis, and her strength with such abilities even as a Jedi Knight was enough for her to bring down an entire mountain on top of Darth Malgus during their battle.

Satele did not drop a mountain on Malgus' head, this Wookiee page is making a colossal exaggeration. She blasted him into a cliff face of which the impact caused it to crumble.

The damage isn't even that significant, much of the cliff face remains unscathed. No mountains were destroyed in the making of his trailer. :jawa_wink:

Then I wonder why it is stated to have collapsed upon him. Notice here:Shan then chose this moment to blast Malgus with the Force, throwing him into a nearby cliffside and then unleashing a second, more powerful blast that brought down the entire cliff on top of the Sith- Darth Malgus' wki page

Perhaps the wiki took things a bit too far (one of the reasons I don't fully trust wikis). Or, like Rayla said, the book states that the mountain collapsed.

Then I wonder why it is stated to have collapsed upon him. Notice here:Shan then chose this moment to blast Malgus with the Force, throwing him into a nearby cliffside and then unleashing a second, more powerful blast that brought down the entire cliff on top of the Sith- Darth Malgus' wki page

Perhaps the wiki took things a bit too far (one of the reasons I don't fully trust wikis). Or, like Rayla said, the book states that the mountain collapsed.

*shrug* I'd say the trailer's outrank the books but then again I'm not aware the canon levels when it comes to this. What you quoted is more accurate, it was a cliff, and some of it was brought down on him. A bit of an exaggeration but not exactly 100% wrong - also note that the book was retelling events, not telling them as they happened - given room for interpretation if that makes sense.

As an avid huttball fan there are a few things I'm surprised haven't been brought up. Firstly, regarding the republic's apparent speed advantage: it doesn't really matter. They're not that much faster than the Empire counterparts, and whichever one has the ball is going to be slowed down. Naturally this works both ways, but there is unlikely to be any opportunity for a team to get a goal in without facing lots of resistance. Especially when you consider that the ball carrier is going to be hindered by the traps, slowing them down further.

Which brings us onto point two; the traps. These are, as anyone that plays huttball regularly, the best way to kill an enemy ball carrier. Stuns and knock backs into the fire pits will kill someone far quicker than actually engaging them in combat. So, let's look at the defensive options each member brings to the game:

Satele Shan is a very capable telekinetic, shown to utilize both direct pushes and waves successfully against other Force users and was capable of Forcing Malgus into a Mountain despite the latter clearly attempting to resist.

Obi-Wan is credited with having an exceptional Force push, and has displayed skill with other telekinetic applications of the Force. What really works in his favour however here is his familiarity with Sokan, which suggests he would find ways of utilizing the traps to their full extent.

Meetra Surik was an all round talented Force user of the Old Republic, and being overlooked for most of this debate. Through her Force bonds she would likely be able to learn some of the skills displayed by her comrades, utilizing them to hold the line. She had talented battle precognition which would allow her to anticipate the moves of her enemies and react accordingly which would be very useful for intercepting throws, she could read the inner most thoughts of her enemies and capable of buffing her allies and entrapping enemies in whirlwinds.

Jace is, as rightly admitted, the weak link. However he is a capable soldier and clearly capable of leadership, which given his four man team might prove useful. Combined suppressive fire from multiple blaster wielding targets is an effective way to deal with a Jedi/Sith, especially if they're positioned advantageously. Something to consider; it might at the least stop a Sith in their tracks above a fire pit, if they time an ambush correctly.

Darth Vader is a skilled telekinetic and his love of Force choke could shine here; stunning the opposition over pits to be incinerated, or delaying them whilst his allies dispatch them. Not sure how effective he is at using it on other Force users, but one assumes moderately at least. He also hates himself, which means of the lot he is the most likely to throw himself to a fiery death so that he can respawn inbetween his foes and their objective.

Darth Malgus has proven capable of pushing Jedi back before and like the other Force sensitives can undoubtedly use this to his advantage.

Revan is a powerful Force user and like the others could undoubtedly use this to his advantage, whilst not at his best here he is still a capable player. His advanced battle precognition will offer a defensive advantage and he is capable of a wide array of Force powers to multiple degrees.

Boba Fett has a vast array of tools and tricks that could delay, hinder and trap enemies when needed. He brings a lot of options to the table here and could be a surprisingly effective ally for the Sith.

Both sides seem to be very capable of defending their goal line from attack.

Now, offensively:

Obi-Wan's combination of Soresu and Sokan makes him the perfect ball carrier; incredibly durable, highly mobile and aware of his surroundings and the hazards involved. He's also shown capable of deflecting Force attacks to certain degrees of success, but it is unlikely the enemy can bring him down quickly without trapping him. If given sufficient support it seems highly probable he'd make it to the enemy line alive, support his team can and would give him;

Satele's powerful Force waves and pushes would be useful at keeping enemies off Obi-Wan, especially if used in combination with the high ledges and deep pits. She'd also make an effective ball carrier herself, being highly mobile and skilled in using the Force to defend herself. If the enemies seem overly preoccupied with Obi-Wan, she need only quickly transition over a hazard and await a pass.

Meetra's wide knowledge of the Force will once again prove useful, as will her battle precognition; allowing her to predict and intercept those that try to interfere with the ball carrier. She was skilled with multiple light saber forms, which includes a likeliness of Soresu. Her Force valor will increase her teams assault and, along with her Force enlightenment, will turn her into yet another useful ball carrier. Her tactical prowess would also enable her to both effectively position herself and advise the rest of the team on how to do so. The use of Dun Moch could also be advantageous if away from the action, as it might allow her to bring any of the Sith opponents into pointless conflict away from the objective.

Jace would again face a limited role here. He'd mostly have to try and distract enemies and keep them away from his teams other players, in the hopes of letting them move freely. Again, distracting enemies from the objective is a valuable tactic.

Darth Vader would make a fairly useful offensive player; his incredible endurance, powerful will and protective armour would make him a fairly unrelenting ball carrier. His use of the Force and skill in Djem So could be useful for keeping enemies off the narrow walk ways and clearing a path to the enemy side. A solid option but not all that inspiring.

Darth Malgus is inherently similar to Darth Vader and so the same applies. He's a tough cookie and capable of weathering powerful assaults, but seems of a more offensive inclination. He is probably better off supporting Vader, as if left alone whilst the enemy focus on Vader, Malgus can call upon very potent displays of the Force to grind away the opposition.

Darth Revan is tactically astute and could be of benefit to a combined team offensive if Vader allows. He'd know when and where to position himself to give his team an advantage or opportunity, and would potentially be useful at keeping enemies off the ball carrier. Unfortunately reborn Revan would be far more useful here with his affinity for redirecting Force-based attacks and versatile knowledge of the Force. Darth Revan would have to rely more on his battle precognition to predict and interfere with enemy tactics whilst one of the more potent Sith took the brunt of the opposition.

Boba Fett would be all about positioning, here. Using his jet pack to stay ahead of the ball and opening himself up to passes, as if he took the direct interest of any of the Jedi he'd likely falter. Mobility is his only real advantage here, as he simply isn't durable enough to last against a powerful offensive. Better in defense and support, he could likely use his traps to delay the enemies away from the action.

Over all, whilst the Empire has some useful tactical advantages and options, I feel the Republic side would win based on team play. Anyone that has either won 6-0 in Huttball, lost 0-6 in Huttball, or barely over come a tough opposition will know that Huttball is about team play more than anything; the Republic just seems to shine more there.

No tactical advantage? Are you suggesting that everyone on the Empire team, are a bunch of morons? Power advantage....they do have considerable power, dunno why your saying they don't. There is also the tech that Boba brings to the table, that the Republic doesn't have here.

I don't think you read my post if you did you will know why I said no real tactical advantage the empire are full of tactical genius's but they are also full of people who are used to being leaders there are no followers in this bunch as such each will have their own ideas and none are very likely to listen to the other this is not the case with the republic who will work together and sateele and obi-wan are not slouches in the tactical department maybe not on the lvl of the empire but their inherent want to work together means that neither team really gets an advantage as once they work together the empire will have the advantage but till then the republic will have the advantage so first half advantage republic second half advantage empire overall advantage none. Didn't say they were slobs but saying advantage none meant I didn't give the republic an advantage either I put them on an even keel

Speed I didn't say the empire was slow I said the republic was faster Malgus doesn't have that many great speed feats only leaps his actual movement has been shown to be quite slow he can just jump at a high speed from time to time this is occasional burst speed and doesn't help him out pace the movement speed of sateele or possibly surik. The ones that keep up with surik I have already said to be Vader and Revan both are faster top speed and average speed then malgus but neither have shown the speed feats that sateele has shown again not saying they are slow just not as fast as the other team.

Vader holding onto the ball while he maybe able to hold it for a time it will depend on how much attention he gets 2 people wont be enough maybe not even 3 but just like any one obi-wan combined with most any single member of his team will give vader a hard time if not take him down. And honestly his ability to do this is why I gave a minor power advantage to the empire.

All in all when I give an advantage I am not saying the opposite team is a slouche at it when I give no advantage I am actually calling the teams are equal at it I think people misunderstand when I say minor advantage vs Major advantage vs no advantage. An advantage is dependent on team vs team not saying x team is bad at something just not as good as y team.

Edited: to remove stuff that ultimately upon further thought were completely irrelevant to the battle at hand.

Edited by tunewalker

So republic wins no?

They can outscore with satele carrying the ball like this:

http://youtu.be/Y77BsaCoOMk#t=02m34s (minute 2:34)

look how so she goes

Lol, I just imagined that scene but with a Huttball background. :D

I can just imagine it now, Vader's running across the pit and 'SKADOOSH' Satele ground pounds grabs the ball and runs for it. However, you missed the part were she runs headlong into Malgus and is soundly defeated. So its by no means the be all and end all.

Oh and DarkSunshine, excellent analysis.

Lol, I just imagined that scene but with a Huttball background. :D

I can just imagine it now, Vader's running across the pit and 'SKADOOSH' Satele ground pounds grabs the ball and runs for it. However, you missed the part were she runs headlong into Malgus and is soundly defeated. So its by no means the be all and end all.

Oh and DarkSunshine, excellent analysis.

except malgus here is the goal by reaching him she reached the goal line lol.

As an avid huttball fan there are a few things I'm surprised haven't been brought up. Firstly, regarding the republic's apparent speed advantage: it doesn't really matter. They're not that much faster than the Empire counterparts, and whichever one has the ball is going to be slowed down. Naturally this works both ways, but there is unlikely to be any opportunity for a team to get a goal in without facing lots of resistance. Especially when you consider that the ball carrier is going to be hindered by the traps, slowing them down further.

Which brings us onto point two; the traps. These are, as anyone that plays huttball regularly, the best way to kill an enemy ball carrier. Stuns and knock backs into the fire pits will kill someone far quicker than actually engaging them in combat. So, let's look at the defensive options each member brings to the game:

Satele Shan is a very capable telekinetic, shown to utilize both direct pushes and waves successfully against other Force users and was capable of Forcing Malgus into a Mountain despite the latter clearly attempting to resist.

Obi-Wan is credited with having an exceptional Force push, and has displayed skill with other telekinetic applications of the Force. What really works in his favour however here is his familiarity with Sokan, which suggests he would find ways of utilizing the traps to their full extent.

Meetra Surik was an all round talented Force user of the Old Republic, and being overlooked for most of this debate. Through her Force bonds she would likely be able to learn some of the skills displayed by her comrades, utilizing them to hold the line. She had talented battle precognition which would allow her to anticipate the moves of her enemies and react accordingly which would be very useful for intercepting throws, she could read the inner most thoughts of her enemies and capable of buffing her allies and entrapping enemies in whirlwinds.

Jace is, as rightly admitted, the weak link. However he is a capable soldier and clearly capable of leadership, which given his four man team might prove useful. Combined suppressive fire from multiple blaster wielding targets is an effective way to deal with a Jedi/Sith, especially if they're positioned advantageously. Something to consider; it might at the least stop a Sith in their tracks above a fire pit, if they time an ambush correctly.

Darth Vader is a skilled telekinetic and his love of Force choke could shine here; stunning the opposition over pits to be incinerated, or delaying them whilst his allies dispatch them. Not sure how effective he is at using it on other Force users, but one assumes moderately at least. He also hates himself, which means of the lot he is the most likely to throw himself to a fiery death so that he can respawn inbetween his foes and their objective.

Darth Malgus has proven capable of pushing Jedi back before and like the other Force sensitives can undoubtedly use this to his advantage.

Revan is a powerful Force user and like the others could undoubtedly use this to his advantage, whilst not at his best here he is still a capable player. His advanced battle precognition will offer a defensive advantage and he is capable of a wide array of Force powers to multiple degrees.

Boba Fett has a vast array of tools and tricks that could delay, hinder and trap enemies when needed. He brings a lot of options to the table here and could be a surprisingly effective ally for the Sith.

Both sides seem to be very capable of defending their goal line from attack.

Now, offensively:

Obi-Wan's combination of Soresu and Sokan makes him the perfect ball carrier; incredibly durable, highly mobile and aware of his surroundings and the hazards involved. He's also shown capable of deflecting Force attacks to certain degrees of success, but it is unlikely the enemy can bring him down quickly without trapping him. If given sufficient support it seems highly probable he'd make it to the enemy line alive, support his team can and would give him;

Satele's powerful Force waves and pushes would be useful at keeping enemies off Obi-Wan, especially if used in combination with the high ledges and deep pits. She'd also make an effective ball carrier herself, being highly mobile and skilled in using the Force to defend herself. If the enemies seem overly preoccupied with Obi-Wan, she need only quickly transition over a hazard and await a pass.

Meetra's wide knowledge of the Force will once again prove useful, as will her battle precognition; allowing her to predict and intercept those that try to interfere with the ball carrier. She was skilled with multiple light saber forms, which includes a likeliness of Soresu. Her Force valor will increase her teams assault and, along with her Force enlightenment, will turn her into yet another useful ball carrier. Her tactical prowess would also enable her to both effectively position herself and advise the rest of the team on how to do so. The use of Dun Moch could also be advantageous if away from the action, as it might allow her to bring any of the Sith opponents into pointless conflict away from the objective.

Jace would again face a limited role here. He'd mostly have to try and distract enemies and keep them away from his teams other players, in the hopes of letting them move freely. Again, distracting enemies from the objective is a valuable tactic.

Darth Vader would make a fairly useful offensive player; his incredible endurance, powerful will and protective armour would make him a fairly unrelenting ball carrier. His use of the Force and skill in Djem So could be useful for keeping enemies off the narrow walk ways and clearing a path to the enemy side. A solid option but not all that inspiring.

Darth Malgus is inherently similar to Darth Vader and so the same applies. He's a tough cookie and capable of weathering powerful assaults, but seems of a more offensive inclination. He is probably better off supporting Vader, as if left alone whilst the enemy focus on Vader, Malgus can call upon very potent displays of the Force to grind away the opposition.

Darth Revan is tactically astute and could be of benefit to a combined team offensive if Vader allows. He'd know when and where to position himself to give his team an advantage or opportunity, and would potentially be useful at keeping enemies off the ball carrier. Unfortunately reborn Revan would be far more useful here with his affinity for redirecting Force-based attacks and versatile knowledge of the Force. Darth Revan would have to rely more on his battle precognition to predict and interfere with enemy tactics whilst one of the more potent Sith took the brunt of the opposition.

Boba Fett would be all about positioning, here. Using his jet pack to stay ahead of the ball and opening himself up to passes, as if he took the direct interest of any of the Jedi he'd likely falter. Mobility is his only real advantage here, as he simply isn't durable enough to last against a powerful offensive. Better in defense and support, he could likely use his traps to delay the enemies away from the action.

Over all, whilst the Empire has some useful tactical advantages and options, I feel the Republic side would win based on team play. Anyone that has either won 6-0 in Huttball, lost 0-6 in Huttball, or barely over come a tough opposition will know that Huttball is about team play more than anything; the Republic just seems to shine more there.

I agree, excellent post.

Wow, this thread grows fast. I couldn't read everything, but I tried to absorb as many opinions as I could.

First, I have a question: Does the Ball slow its carrier down in these games? I don't see any explanation for it outside of game mechanics and we are crossing the line between lore and game mechanics in these threads.

I want to look at each team under some different viewpoints. Then I will try to formulate strategies, but I'm really not sure about it yet. It seems very close.

Mobility: By this I mean the posibilities to jump on plattforms/over the poison pools etc. The only player with name who can't do so is Cade, so most people can move across the pit and position themselves in an optimal way quite easily.

Agility: This is about speed. As we noticed, most of our players with names are fast. I cannot say anything for Satele, but I am convinced that Obi-Wan is the fastest one here.

("Physical") Strength: Well, Vader has to be mentioned here. I don't know how much of a difference in power there is between the 'golden era of the Jedi' and the time of the great galactic war, but I am tempted to assume that only Obi-Wan can stand in Vaders way and force him to a stand (if Vader has the ball). Other than that, Malgus should be mentioned (and from the one line of 'Revan' I know, I might consider to estimate the Exile quite high in this category). I don't mention Satele and Revan because what I know about them makes me think that they compensate lack of strength throught technique.

2 vs 1 situations: Assume someone has the ball. It is likely that an opponent will be able to stand in his way (given the high mobility). If a second defender arrives he can try and stab/shoot the ball carrier in the back. Therefore 2 vs 1 situations are very likely not to last very long, except if the solo person is Obi-Wan, who is infamous for his defense. The reason why Vader cannot compare to Obi-Wan at this point is that Blackcape-Vader can't turn his body fast enough (At least I never saw Vader being very flexible and showing the necessary footwork and armwork.)

Ball carriers: Obi-Wan and Vader are capable to hold the ball and defend themself. For reasons mentioned above, Vader needs someone to watch his back. The other players are better of by passing (especially because it is hard to get past anyone without defeating him/her). Vader could attempt to defeat anyone who stands in his way by sheer power, but he might not reach the goalline fast enough to avoid being caught between two fronts of attackers (pursuers + respawners).

Possible strategies:

Republic: Cade could be very useful to hold mid and prevent counterscores. He could do so together with some of the republic troops (explosives are dengerous, even for Sith). Obi-Wan, Satele and the Exile can try to reach the goalline by a good passing game. One of them could try to hold of the imperial players while the other two move towards the goalline.

When defending, Obi-Wan can try to force the imperial ball carrier to a stand (if he reaches the ball carrier in time). The republic troops and Cade can provide additional firepower to hit the ball carrier in the back or busying the other imperial attackers (some of the republic troops and/or Cade will have to stay close to mid). Meetra and Satele can either try to prevent any passgame by the imperial attackers or try to defeat the ball carrier (depending on who stands where in the pit in the given situation).

Empire: One of the three Sith-Lords will have to stay at mid as long as the republic troops aren't in their half of the pit. If the republic troops are in the defense, the stormtrooper can try to defend mid, but the players with names will have to keep an eye at mid. Vader and Malgus can try direct attacks as ball carriers, hoping to be fast enough. If they are forced to a stand, they have to try a passing game (including Revan and Boba Fett).

In the offense, Revan and Boba Fett can try to stop the republic fighters that are going for the ball carrier.

When defending, the imperial players will have to prevent Obi-Wan from getting past them, without really confronting them. Again Revan and Boba Fett can focus on preventing passing game while Vader and Malgus try to kill the ball carrier.

For both sides note the following: If the players aren't in the right position to follow this strategy, they will have to take over the job of others. Basically, the players with name can switch their jobs if necessary, but they gain a lot from preventing this to happen.

In the end, I really don't know which side can make it. The republic has better chances of preventing counterscores and they can profit a lot from smart and fast passing (and they have the fastest players). However, they cannot defend that well against passing (there is only one Obi-Wan).

The empire has a more overwhelming offence and has more players that can efficiently defend against passing. However they might be outmaneuvered and they are weak to counterscores.

It might come down to the question of who can disturb the other sides game more.

I think Malcom is being a bit underestimated, at least when compared to Boba. I'm not sure what the cannon abilities are of his armor and troops like Malcom, but Commandos in-game are pretty decked out in shields, grenades, other explosives, gravity rounds (ugh), and healing technology.

I think Malcom could really shine if he takes command of the Republics troops and leads them as a squad. Warzone tactics and whatnot. See what I did there?

Edited by Warren-Stride

Wow, this thread grows fast. I couldn't read everything, but I tried to absorb as many opinions as I could.

First, I have a question: Does the Ball slow its carrier down in these games? I don't see any explanation for it outside of game mechanics and we are crossing the line between lore and game mechanics in these threads.

I want to look at each team under some different viewpoints. Then I will try to formulate strategies, but I'm really not sure about it yet. It seems very close.

Mobility: By this I mean the posibilities to jump on plattforms/over the poison pools etc. The only player with name who can't do so is Cade, so most people can move across the pit and position themselves in an optimal way quite easily.

Agility: This is about speed. As we noticed, most of our players with names are fast. I cannot say anything for Satele, but I am convinced that Obi-Wan is the fastest one here.

("Physical") Strength: Well, Vader has to be mentioned here. I don't know how much of a difference in power there is between the 'golden era of the Jedi' and the time of the great galactic war, but I am tempted to assume that only Obi-Wan can stand in Vaders way and force him to a stand (if Vader has the ball). Other than that, Malgus should be mentioned (and from the one line of 'Revan' I know, I might consider to estimate the Exile quite high in this category). I don't mention Satele and Revan because what I know about them makes me think that they compensate lack of strength throught technique.

2 vs 1 situations: Assume someone has the ball. It is likely that an opponent will be able to stand in his way (given the high mobility). If a second defender arrives he can try and stab/shoot the ball carrier in the back. Therefore 2 vs 1 situations are very likely not to last very long, except if the solo person is Obi-Wan, who is infamous for his defense. The reason why Vader cannot compare to Obi-Wan at this point is that Blackcape-Vader can't turn his body fast enough (At least I never saw Vader being very flexible and showing the necessary footwork and armwork.)

Ball carriers: Obi-Wan and Vader are capable to hold the ball and defend themself. For reasons mentioned above, Vader needs someone to watch his back. The other players are better of by passing (especially because it is hard to get past anyone without defeating him/her). Vader could attempt to defeat anyone who stands in his way by sheer power, but he might not reach the goalline fast enough to avoid being caught between two fronts of attackers (pursuers + respawners).

Possible strategies:

Republic: Cade could be very useful to hold mid and prevent counterscores. He could do so together with some of the republic troops (explosives are dengerous, even for Sith). Obi-Wan, Satele and the Exile can try to reach the goalline by a good passing game. One of them could try to hold of the imperial players while the other two move towards the goalline.

When defending, Obi-Wan can try to force the imperial ball carrier to a stand (if he reaches the ball carrier in time). The republic troops and Cade can provide additional firepower to hit the ball carrier in the back or busying the other imperial attackers (some of the republic troops and/or Cade will have to stay close to mid). Meetra and Satele can either try to prevent any passgame by the imperial attackers or try to defeat the ball carrier (depending on who stands where in the pit in the given situation).

Empire: One of the three Sith-Lords will have to stay at mid as long as the republic troops aren't in their half of the pit. If the republic troops are in the defense, the stormtrooper can try to defend mid, but the players with names will have to keep an eye at mid. Vader and Malgus can try direct attacks as ball carriers, hoping to be fast enough. If they are forced to a stand, they have to try a passing game (including Revan and Boba Fett).

In the offense, Revan and Boba Fett can try to stop the republic fighters that are going for the ball carrier.

When defending, the imperial players will have to prevent Obi-Wan from getting past them, without really confronting them. Again Revan and Boba Fett can focus on preventing passing game while Vader and Malgus try to kill the ball carrier.

For both sides note the following: If the players aren't in the right position to follow this strategy, they will have to take over the job of others. Basically, the players with name can switch their jobs if necessary, but they gain a lot from preventing this to happen.

In the end, I really don't know which side can make it. The republic has better chances of preventing counterscores and they can profit a lot from smart and fast passing (and they have the fastest players). However, they cannot defend that well against passing (there is only one Obi-Wan).

The empire has a more overwhelming offence and has more players that can efficiently defend against passing. However they might be outmaneuvered and they are weak to counterscores.

It might come down to the question of who can disturb the other sides game more.

ya this again seems to support what I am talking about the empire can kill slightly better but the republic has better ball control, and I don't think obi-wan is the fastest sure he isn't as slow as people keep calling him but I put him on malgus's lvl speed wise able to quick short burst leaps but not much else fastest one here I would call sateele but the assessment of one person holding the ball and 2v1 situation is exactly what I was figuring on which is why I was saying similar to the last game its that perfect storm of one durable as hell guy with a group of agile people vs a group that is slightly (not much slower but slightly slower) and while they have members that are durable not quite on the lvl that the republic has. its essentially what I have been saying as to why it should be clearly republic victory for the same reason.

Edited by tunewalker

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Sure he has a jetpack and a blaster rifle, but what else?

Flamethrower, mini concussion rocket launcher out of a gauntlet with computerized tracking, anti-personal rockets, stun rockets, a DXR-6 disruptor rifle, his helmet giving him data on the environment, whipcord, as far as what he is able to use anyway in this, though there are some other stuff he could use I dunno if it would be accepted.

But you know fine, Republic wins cause I seem to be the only one giving a damn about the Empire Team.

But then I keep forgetting about that this is a Huttball match so...meh.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Flamethrower, mini concussion rocket launcher out of a gauntlet with computerized tracking, anti-personal rockets, stun rockets, a DXR-6 disruptor rifle, his helmet giving him data on the environment, whipcord, as far as what he is able to use anyway in this, though there are some other stuff he could use I dunno if it would be accepted.

But you know fine, Republic wins cause I seem to be the only one giving a damn about the Empire Team.

I would normally be right beside you but I had to take a step back and redo my way of thinking and look more at ball control and here the republic just has it. Also I will note I feel boba has better stuff for handleing other jedi type characters but jace has better stuff for handleing ranged opponents (like boba) from his gun able to fire rockest rounds and rapid fire blaster with out him having to grab a grenade along with grenades for arcing throws and such he has exceptional ranged fire power I would say greater then boba but up close boba would be better at defending himself against an assault by one of the jedi since it opens up his arsenal a bit more since he has better close to mid range gadgets then jace who clearly is a power house ranged fighter.

I would normally be right beside you but I had to take a step back and redo my way of thinking and look more at ball control and here the republic just has it. Also I will note I feel boba has better stuff for handleing other jedi type characters but jace has better stuff for handleing ranged opponents (like boba) from his gun able to fire rockest rounds and rapid fire blaster with out him having to grab a grenade along with grenades for arcing throws and such he has exceptional ranged fire power I would say greater then boba but up close boba would be better at defending himself against an assault by one of the jedi since it opens up his arsenal a bit more since he has better close to mid range gadgets then jace who clearly is a power house ranged fighter.

Well I did give the range and rate of fire to Jace here, but then Boba does have his jetpack to avoid the fire and get in a hit with his blaster or one of his rockets, I still don't think this is completely in favor of the Republic but w/e, am done with this and probably done with it all cause this whole ball thing is annoying to include too. No offense Beni.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well I did give the range and rate of fire to Jace here, but then Boba does have his jetpack to avoid the fire and get in a hit with his blaster or one of his rockets.

oh absolutely I just think that will be more helpful for fighting the jedi members of the team I think jace shows to be a good enough shot that flight wont really help with the massive rate of fire he is able to put out by comparison but ya what I mean overall is that each character has its strengths boba will be better suited for taking out members like sateele or surik but will be at more of a disadvantage when facing members like jace or obi-wan in fact I really give jace the job of taking out storm troopers and boba and then laying down heavy suppressive fire on the sith while they are distracted especially malgus and revan as I see him being able to cause them considerable amounts of pain if they are busy (maybe even kill them with that rate of fire and rocket launches. while I don't really see him doing much to vader unless vader is facing obi-wan or both sateele and surik. honestly its better off for obi-wan to get help from surik or sateele when fighting vader. All in all though the advantage the imperial force users have over their counter parts and the fact that boba can fight any one on the rebel team 1v1 where as jace is suited to tackle some and not others does give the empire an edge in a straight fight.... I am beginning to realize the real downfall of the empire

Specialization vs generalization the imperials are largly generalized able to take on most any one and do everything pretty well. while the republic seemed to have specialized each one being extremely good at what ever it is they are doing meaning each can play much better off each others strengths thus strengthening the team as a whole while each has a weakness that can be exploited there is another in the team that will cover and make up for this weakness by having an incredible strength in it while the empire characters on the other hand have no real weakness.... but no real strength either they each do well on their own but cant play off each others unique abilities nearly as well as the republic can.

Edited by tunewalker