The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dragon Age and Mass Effect Armors.

Bioware has been known to stick armors from their other game series into other games ala Blood Dragon Armor in Mass Effect and Issac's armor from Dead Space in DA2.

I don't see why SW:TOR couldn't follow this trend and include like Hawke's Mage armor or Shephard's Armor on the CM for the diehard Bioware fans.

Bioware has been known to stick armors from their other game series into other games ala Blood Dragon Armor in Mass Effect and Issac's armor from Dead Space in DA2.

I don't see why SW:TOR couldn't follow this trend and include like Hawke's Mage armor or Shephard's Armor on the CM for the diehard Bioware fans.

Because they can't do whatever they want here. Star Wars is a licensed IP, not their own creation to mess around with.

The thing with those armors, at least in Mass Effect, was that they were modified from their original games so as to be lore-friendly. Take for example Mass Effect 2's Blood Dragon Armor; they created a full background for it to explain its existence as it having been "originally created for Earth's Urban Combat Championship", as opposed to pulled through a rift in space-time.

BioWare is more than capable of finding lore-friendly reasons for crossover gear to exist, they merely haven't done it yet for SWTOR. Me, I would love to buy some crossover gear like this, if it were well designed and executed. Adaptive would be best for armor, as that would restrict players from using it the least. Weapons would still have to be limited to some degree, though, due to the limitations of classes.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra