The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Old PVE and PVP gear

I think that you should put the old PVE and PVP armor like Tionese on the Cartel Market 600 Cartel Coins so people could buy the old gear that they wanted for any class. Such as putting up the Tionese Sith Survivor gear up for sale because people loved that armor set and would love to have it again and for all classes. And put up old Battlemaster and War Hero gear for sale too. Trust me Bioware and EA you would make a fortune. Edited by MashingMichael

I'd be more inclined toward the schematics for these armors be put up on the cartel market. Maybe as a "container" in one of the new cartel packs. Think how you get a "House Thul Upper Armor" box, instead its a box with 2-3 random schematics.

Allows both cartel market, and player crafting economy to gain from this.

@ The OP, Yes please. Why don't we already have this? Though I'd prefer to see it as part of a Pack than as an Item with a fixed price. Edited by Myxam

@ The OP, Yes please. Why don't we already have this? Though I'd prefer to see it as part of a Pack than as an Item with a fixed price.

I really don't like the packs and with them you don't know what you're going to get, so that's why I'd want it with a fixed price you you would get what you want with out any hassle.

I have already seen at least 10 threads about this same subject, and BW / EA doesn't seem to care much about that.

I didn't see any official reply regarding this matter. And it's funny, you see no answer for this request, after seeing Eric Musco reply that:

"One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it."

"...we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game"

So if they care so much about how do we feel, why they don't let those gears on the game?:mad:

Edited by Leaphar

• 2 weeks later...
I have already seen at least 10 threads about this same subject, and BW / EA doesn't seem to care much about that.

I didn't see any official reply regarding this matter. And it's funny, you see no answer for this request, after seeing Eric Musco reply that:

"One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it."

"...we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game"

So if they care so much about how do we feel, why they don't let those gears on the game?:mad:

My thoughts exactly. Such a thing would require so little work on the developer's part, not to mention they could add all of these items to Cartel Packs and kill two birds with a single stone.

I imagine two people working for no more than a week could have adaptable armor versions made of both side's Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Recruit, Battlemaster, Centurion, and Champion gear finished, tested, and packaged.

But to be fair, lets do the math of the number items this would create.

5 items per set, per class. 4 classes to a side, 7 sets, 2 sides.

(5*7)4)2=1470

1,470 total items that would need to be created, by plugging a Model code, a Texture Code, into an item template. Even better they can release the sets in tiers, and stagger their release from 2 groups to 7. Come on BioWare, people would pay for this, and it would cost almost nothing to make since 90% of the work is already done (If I understand the system correctly in which items are created).

Also, long distance bump.

Some of the Tionese gear were considered hideous by a lot of the players (The sorc armor, to be exact), but some did look pretty good (like the marauder armors).

I think all of it was taken out because Bioware thought all the tionese gear were considered ugly.