The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

dpsing on shake-weight what i have learned

there are 2 really viable specs for this class you can do Pyro Powertech (click for spec) or Hybrid Powertech (click for spec)

Pyro Powertech (click for spec) is to just stack power and spec for crit, in pvp set bonus more than makes up for any crit loss, currently this is the only class i know capable of opening up with 4k dps for the initial first min of a fight.

to do that pop offensive cool downs, pre-proc shoulder cannon charges to 4,Thermal sensor override, Incendiary missile, constantly spamming shoulder cannon, rail shot, rocket punch / flame burst, rail shot, death from above, rocket punch / flame burst, rail shot. all offensive cool downs should drop here so just manage your heat.

CD>TO>IM>SC>RS>RP/FB>RS>DoA

Hybrid Powertech (click for spec) this seems like a much more focus on sustainable dps instead of bursting, heats pretty friendly with some well placed rapid shots

open with offensive cool downs , thermal override, Incendiary missile, retractable blade, shoulder cannon proc's now with, rail shot, rocket punch, rail shot, refresh incendiary missile now before buffs drop, flame burst / rocket punch, rail shot, death from above. most likely your death from above wont get offensive cool down buffs its still a very nice quick hitting filler.

CD>TO>IM>RB>SC>RS>RP>RS>IM>FB/RP>RS>DoA

shoulder cannon is at its best pre-charged for every boss thats 15 seconds of waiting for dps increase

incendiary missile, this move is practically garbage except for 2 situations.

1: you have offensive cool downs ready and have enough resource management skills to use incendiary missile twice during said buffs.

2: below 30% hp as pyro.

i would not waste the heat on it any other time.

all and all i just started toying with the hybrid spec so maybe ill edit this later, till then hit your power button on your computer i hear it gives a huge dps buff.

the thing is you didn't even list full AP as a "viable" spec when it is capable of out DPSing either of thoes spec if you are not completely stupid... so i guess i know where you fall in line.

basically everything the OP says is worthless.

Edited by Hizoka

the thing is you didn't even list full AP as a "viable" spec when it is capable of out DPSing either of thoes spec if you are not completely stupid... so i guess i know where you fall in line.

basically everything the OP says is wortless.

Take it easy. Obviously this is for those that enjoy playing pyro. If you enjoy playing AP, then good for you. You dont need to troll the forums putting others down.

Take it easy. Obviously this is for those that enjoy playing pyro. If you enjoy playing AP, then good for you. You dont need to troll the forums putting others down.

Thanks Holodawg, and for the record no I have not tested full AP because its an AoE spec, and as Pyro in the Pyro spec I parsed above everyone in my PvE raid with AoEing Flame Sweep (now applies combustible) > Death from Above > Flame Thrower > Rail Shot > Flame Sweep is netting me 5k dps which I think is bad ***, also in PvP this is applying so many dots the healers can cleanse other peoples AKA utility.

now for more info

in 8man HM Styrek after hes dead and all that jazz

in the first spec I am parseing at 1.9k

in the hybrid spec im parseing 2.1k

in pvp flame sweep is near essential to stop healers from being able to cleanse everyone position right and theres atleast 4-5 people dotted who do they cleanse? how many other people are dotting with, like a Marauder who could also be applying that healing % debuff because their gonna try to cleanse your flame dots.

what I am learning about hybrid spec is in a heavy movement fight it is very difficult to keep up Retractible Blade, so even though hybrid spec is parsing higher than Pyro PT it is only good with minimal movement.

Pyro PT is the way to go for all your AoE needs as you deal 6% bonus damage to anything on fire and flame sweep applies combustible, just make sure its the first thing you use.

as for pyro in PvP its still got great utility I don't do rated, nore do I give a damn about ranked pvp would rather troll people on the fleet typing "/1 2.1 pts notes are up on the forums". so given I am playing this class for my own person fun don't freak out cause im posting this info to help people who think Pyro is garbage, and haven't played it cause of all the down talking.

edit::: oh yes, and all the classes that are ahead of me in dps, Merc/Marauder/Sniper, are only ahead of me because of 2 types of glitches

the double 2 set bonuses, and I refuse to name the current relic glitch you will have to figure that one out.

so yes lets figure this one out, st dummy parsed with 2 mercs on my ship did 2.1k dps they did 2.6k dps with both glitches running. If said glitches were fixed we would be exactly balanced classes.

im not here to damage anyones deeps for my benefit, to feel "balanced" as I have a marauder and love my almost wearing absolutely no clothes marauder mmmmmm /bop. I hope these glitches go unfixed

I bet I could type out glitches that make the game break in the powertech forums and dev's would think I was tripping balls.

NOTE TO THE DEVS!! BRING BACK MALGUS COMPANION BUG I WANT 8x LEGACY ORBITIAL'S TO TROLL MY RAID GROUP!!!!!

Edited by Trancedzero

Dude, he said there are ONLY two specs, and didn't list AP, he's a dumb.

And I'm sorry if you don't keep Inc. Missle up all the time you're a *******. DoT stands for damage over time. The more DoTs you have the more damage you are going to do. OP has no clue what he s saying. Inc Missle is like 1/4 of your damage.

Yeah, Flame Sweep does nothing in PvP except screw up your heat management. Putting a CGC dot on 5 players means nothing when it tickles. It's not worth cleansing. IDK about PvE because real men PvP. :p