Ok I'm stumped I don't know why I'm underperforming

Choffware

I'm a carnage spec. (same problem when I switch to rage). I am never higher than 300k total dps in a warzone. I can't seem to burst anyone. I always middle of the road for damage. I'm in full weapon master partisan gear and started adding strength augments. I have not min-maxed anything yet. I've read the carnage rotation threads and I just seem to be lagging very much behind. When I parse on a warzone dummy I'm only doing 1600k

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I generally:

Leap->BA->gore->mass->mass->gore on proc or mass->ravage->VT->FS

What the hell I'm I doing wrong?

Edited by Choffware

Well first, what kind of latency are you working with? I'd say that is the largest factor as carnage, lag is killer for the spec.

Otherwise make sure you get a mix of weaponmaster and the other one, forgot its name, but it shares the bonus with weaponmaster. You are shooting for power+surge, (optional: with a little crit thrown). Full weaponmaster has some pieces without power surge so you would want to use the power/surge pieces from the other set.

For pvp, rotations are more of a guideline rather than a rule, as you have to adapt, but you got the general idea. I don't use rupture as carnage though, I suppose it might be useful in certain situations, but I rarely use it. Also, don't forget the dual saber throw, that one is helpful, and free. Use those stuns too, a well placed aoe mez can keep you alive a lot longer.

Also, if you are pugging, your numbers can sometimes be low. I pug primarily and I'm around 850-1k dps on average, but in a group, with a somewhat dedicated healer, and guard? I could probably go for 1.6k or so, depending on the heals for the other team.