PVP Assault build cant decide

Centures

I cannot get a good talent build for assualt

Cause there really isn't one anymore. The above build is about as good as you're gonna get and can pile up the numbers if people let you freely throw DoTs around.

Personally if I was forced to do assault in pvp right now I'd do an 8/13/25 build or something like it. Give a little more utility with 6 sec interupts and shorter harpoon. This spec would be a lot better if assault trooper was working for ion pulse like it says it should. But according to people it does not affect ion pulse right now.

I dont spam DoTs and even get highest or second highest DMG in Warzones... it only lacks on Burst DMG and large numbers.

Most of the time you are only able to do 5-7K HiB where 7K is the lucky lucky one, Stook Strike hits for 5,xK and AP sometimes even for 5K!

The keystone of assault is Ionic Accelerator. TBH, when you run full assault your DPS potential is only as good as your uptime on target, and your reliance on DoTS that can be cleaned can get you in trouble. If you're not constantly closing distance to targets much and dont care about dispels (read: PVE) then a x/x/36 will win. But, you'd be suprised at how useful (and fun) other hybrids can be with just taking the 16 point talent in assault, running plasma cell, not using IR, and putting your other 30 or so points in the other trees. If you're bold, you can go into the tank tree (read: storm) and make some interesting (and powerful) hybrids based off the classic Carolina Parakeet builds. Think outside the box. Just dropping a thought, to each their own right? :) Edited by KamikazeKommando

Just forget it and go play something else. Saves you from lot of frustration.

You dont kill anybody in pvp without burst and the burst is gone from Vanguard/PT, no matter how you spec or what kind of crazy hybrid you create, the burst simply is not there anymore. All you can pull are some 5-6k hits while other dps classes smash your face with 8-10k or even more.

Even a freaking healer will kill you now in 1v1.

I dont spam DoTs and even get highest or second highest DMG in Warzones... it only lacks on Burst DMG and large numbers.

Most of the time you are only able to do 5-7K HiB where 7K is the lucky lucky one, Stook Strike hits for 5,xK and AP sometimes even for 5K!

@Forsaked, so please do tell... there's a debate over on the PVP forums about how all classes (including VG/PT) can easily throw out 10K+ hits at the moment. When I called shenanigans, your record was brought up:

Biggest Hit

Retader(EU)(Powertech)(11056)http://i.imgur.com/GcF0pk4.jpg

How in the world did you pull off over 11K single hit. Must have been some perfect planetary alignment because usually the best VG/PT are in the 6K-7K at the very top, and more like in the ~5Ks on average.

I dont know how it happens, as i already sayed one hundret times.

But you are right HiB is our highest Hit and normally i do around 5,5-7K with it.

My Conceror-Armor isnt optimized atm, i think after optimization permanent 6,xK is possible but not even more.

I dont know how it happens, as i already sayed one hundret times.

But you are right HiB is our highest Hit and normally i do around 5,5-7K with it.

My Conceror-Armor isnt optimized atm, i think after optimization permanent 6,xK is possible but not even more.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to come off sounding accusatory and put you on the defensive!

I'm just curious if you had any idea how in the world that happened. It's a shame some are using that 11k hit as a justification that our class didn't get a nerfbat to burst. Though I think anyone with any wherewithal will know it was a fluke or calculation issue (maybe two things hitting at the same time??). 7k is about the limit to what we can do with min/max'd gear under ideal conditions in PVP atm.