PVE Healing Is Undertuned And Boring

**** is *********** boring, odd how I don't find the same sentiment on the forums. But everyone I talk to on the server agrees with me. Very odd

Nobody in this thread is complaining how hard this game is. Or are you talking about other threads?

But I don't find it odd that you're not getting people to agree with you here. Your manner is abrasive, condescending and arrogant. Being bored, I scanned through your post history and saw more of the same. Good luck with that.

Nobody in this thread is complaining how hard this game is. Or are you talking about other threads?

But I don't find it odd that you're not getting people to agree with you here. Your manner is abrasive, condescending and arrogant. Being bored, I scanned through your post history and saw more of the same. Good luck with that.

Manner doesn't change facts

PVE healing was more appropriately tuned pre 2.0

I'm not comparing it to some made up fairy tale game i wish i played. It is the one the devs led me to believe they were designing

Edited by Mookind

Oh come on, guy was probably carried by his guild's experienced PVE group, 3 weeks after release, and then came to forum to say us how awesome he is. Try to solo-heal hard mode progression run the very same day when the new content comes out!

Seriously, if that PVE is so easy for you, Sir, please find some group and compete with SWTOR's PVE World Firsts... and then come and brag if you're able to achieve something. If not just go back to your PVP, were you must be awesome too ofc... a bit pity still not enough to let people recognize your name yet :(

Edited by Koordynator

I'm stuck on this part:

About 1250 bonus tech dmg with 25% crit

How much bonus healing does that correspond to? I can't really gauge your accomplishment without a sense of what you were working with. You say PVP, but I'm guessing it wasn't full Recruit...

S&V SM is on Group Finder, so it has to be feasible for a ragtag group of 55s--some of whom may not know the op, may be undergeared, may be bad at their class--to make it through. If too many are bad, of course you shouldn't be able to get through, but you should be able to carry a couple. You say you've done HM, but you're vague, throw in a "probably", and mention the PTS, so forgive me if I don't address your perceived difficulty of the HM ops without more info.

Your success as a solo healer is one data point and thus not enough by itself to justify a buff to the whole op. I imagine the devs will look at how many groups are succeeding, how many groups are failing, the composition of those groups, and what is causing them to fail, then make decisions based on which groups they think should be succeeding and which should be failing.

I'm stuck on this part:

How much bonus healing does that correspond to? I can't really gauge your accomplishment without a sense of what you were working with. You say PVP, but I'm guessing it wasn't full Recruit...

S&V SM is on Group Finder, so it has to be feasible for a ragtag group of 55s--some of whom may not know the op, may be undergeared, may be bad at their class--to make it through. If too many are bad, of course you shouldn't be able to get through, but you should be able to carry a couple. You say you've done HM, but you're vague, throw in a "probably", and mention the PTS, so forgive me if I don't address your perceived difficulty of the HM ops without more info.

Your success as a solo healer is one data point and thus not enough by itself to justify a buff to the whole op. I imagine the devs will look at how many groups are succeeding, how many groups are failing, the composition of those groups, and what is causing them to fail, then make decisions based on which groups they think should be succeeding and which should be failing.

Its linear......I don't look at bonus healing because the ratio is always the same and more people worry about the dmg. It was just a benchmark to give you an idea of how my gear is. Obviously alacrity and surge play a role as well in healing.

It isn't the success, it was the ease of success. Most healers can do this very easily with the group i went with, which just shows how under tuned it is. If it is easy for a healer to solo heal........something is probably wrong. I doubt I have some magical knowledge that makes me better than most other healers. So I say to myself what is the problem here. Probably ****** encounter design. Which it undoubtedly is

Edited by Mookind

As much as it seems unlikely for a pvp geared healer, It is entirely possible. Last night myself (sage) and our other healer (Scoundrel) sat on our asses doing nothing but dps'ing (with my occasional drop of a salvation) to heal TfB SM. It was almost the same story with S&V SM with the exception of the cartel warlords, which thankfully put forward a slightly more challenging fight

i have bh heal since early acces op heal and sorc heal if u have a skilld players that know wot to do there is not much to heal on most op and fp but try to do it with a pug with mid skill players u will fail big time sm its desined for mid geared casual players hm nim are for hardcore i still would like to see vid for some one solo healing ec nim tfb hm or s&v hm without a wipe and some one off healing Edited by Brutal

And some one will solo heal every fight in this game except maybe the Terror before a new tier of gear comes out. That is fact. Could you do it with some **** group? Of course not. But if you are playing with a **** group then YOU SHOULDN'T GET BEST IN SLOT GEAR.
Why not?

I play with very good groups, but then I also heal content for groups that don't have experience and don't have the time to devote to getting the experience, yet they are still in my guild and still would like to see content, get codex and titles. Why shouldn’t I be allowed to have BiS gear, just because I do content with them?

I see a quote on the forum “You can’t heal stupid,” I like the quote, but I also like proving it wrong. I like knowing I once healed a fight where a commando stood in lava the entire fight. Maybe not the biggest accomplishment, but I remember it more often and talk about it more than doing HM TfB or NiM EC.

I slaughter a troopers that was stupid enough to attack my shadow while I was doing the heroic in the PvP area during the Gree event. Guess that means I am super PvP player and PvP is just too easy, since I was just in PvE gear and he was my first and only player kill. Solo healing SM anything with a good group means exactly the same thing, nothing.

Get over yourself, it was SM and you had a veteran group, 90% of the healers could do that. If anything it is a testament to how good your guild group is that they could carry a PvP healer through SM S&V.

Edited by mikebevo

You are *********** brain dead.

If it was some epic feat i would have recorded it for verification. Since even ******* like you can pull it off that is why it's undertuned

Get it?

Bads can finish it = poorly designed

LoL

And please never compare open world PVP to raiding. Go do ranked if you want to make that comparison. And there isn't one. Because any retard can kill an operations dummy that barely fights back

Edited by Mookind

If it was some epic feat i would have recorded it for verification. Since even ******* like you can pull it off that is why it's undertuned

Get it?

LoL

And please never compare open world PVP to raiding. Go do ranked if you want to make that comparison. And there isn't one. Because any retard can kill an operations dummy that barely fights back

Why are people even still responding to the troll? :rak_02:

Get it?

LoL

Oy vei.

I WANT difficult content in this game. I LIKE things to be challenging. I'd LOVE it if the devs upped the difficulty.

But your posts are so rude, condescending and arrogant, that you make people want to disagree with you just on principle alone. The sad thing is, your ranting nastiness is probably going to hurt my chances of getting harder ops.

Don't be that guy. A little precision and eloquence, and a little less sounding like a troll will go a long way. Manners may not change facts, but they surely change other's ability to listen to them.

And please never compare open world PVP to raiding. Go do ranked if you want to make that comparison. And there isn't one.

I know that, that is why I used it. It is the same thing as saying solo healing SM content with a great raiding group is easy. Of course it is, it is designed to be easy.

Starting to think you are not really that great, since you seem to attempt to run others down to build yourself up. You never played with me, so you have no clue and if you ever did, I would kck you in a moment, rather play with terrible peopld trying, than terrible people that are just jerks.

I WANT difficult content in this game. I LIKE things to be challenging. I'd LOVE it if the devs upped the difficulty..
I wish that too, but would just settle if when they make fun content, they don’t come back around and nerf all the fun out of it.

Still I have no problem with SM, being designed to allow everyone to see the content.

Edited by mikebevo

I solo healed every boss in SM S&V Today in pvp gear. Operative healer

About 1250 bonus tech dmg with 25% crit

Wasn't even difficult..............

Point here isn't to brag. Other people have probably already done this. Just to say this is dumb BW. Running with 5 DPS and the fights still aren't very interesting to heal? Something is very wrong.

I have the same problems in HM and I could probably solo heal all of them except the last boss. Was forced to solo the second one on PTS and was relatively easy.........

Please add unavoidable dmg to the encounters. Thanks

Story mode is supposed to be very easy OP :)

Now solo healing HM SnV for some bosses, may be possible. But remember you are only coming from an 8-man Point of view. 16-man is another aspect of the game and ofcourse... that one will be... harder to solo heal :p

Edited by paowee

Still I have no problem with SM, being designed to allow everyone to see the content.

I agree with this.

However, I think that HM needs more attention. Despite the changes to the DR curves lowering crit and making tanks squishier, HM TfB actually seemed easier after 2.0. My raid group tried it the first week after 2.0 dropped, before we had gotten much of the new gear.

Prior to 2.0 dropping, we already knew how to run TfB, which I'm sure it a big part of it. But it seemed that the "retuning for level 55" was done in an overly cautious manner.

Story mode is supposed to be very easy OP :)

Now solo healing HM SnV for some bosses, may be possible. But remember you are only coming from an 8-man Point of view. 16-man is another aspect of the game and ofcourse... that one will be... harder to solo heal :p

HM supposed to be easy as **** too?

Every *********** encounter in this game is easy for a healer except goldenfury, which might be too i just havent done it yet

Every *********** encounter in this game is easy for a healer except goldenfury, which might be too i just havent done it yet

Goldenfury is easy too, only thing that could be considered 1/2 difficult is the healer has to move back and forth between the tank and dps on Fury and the tank and dps on the adds. Easy if you pay attention and have a fairly coordinated group.

With a bad group, I could see how it could be a nightmare to heal, but I didn't see that.

Edited by mikebevo