Bugged Assault?

I'm currently leveling a Immortal specced jugg and i just noticed that most of the time Assasult, the basic attack, only builds 1 rage for me. Asked in my guild and the only other jugg online, who is also immortal, said it was the same for him.

The description of the ability states that it should be building 2 rage, any of you guys have the same problem?

Yeah, been having that problem since launch. lol

No, really, read the tooltip on Soresu that i just linked.

While active, all Strike abilities generate 1 less focus.

So it wouldn't be 'most of the time' it's 'all the time' if you're in Soresu form. Now go back to your guildy, armed with this knowlage, and inform him that he's bad. :D

Edited by Ridickilis

Now that i think about it. What was the cause of this incredible nerf?

It's not a nerf, it's been there since ever. It's to prevent you from building rage fast in Soresu. To make up for the increased survivability, you lose some damage output. You can balance it out by picking up Sweeping Fury in the Immortal tree. This allows you to generate one additional point of rage every six seconds.

It's not a nerf, it's been there since ever. It's to prevent you from building rage fast in Soresu. To make up for the increased survivability, you lose some damage output. You can balance it out by picking up Sweeping Fury in the Immortal tree. This allows you to generate one additional point of rage every six seconds.

No. it was not there before 2.0. originaly Soresu Form allowed you to get 1 rage when you got hit (along with Shien) but it did not reduce the rage generation of all Assault abilities. Atleast thats what ive seen from my father's Immortal Jugg. Could be mistaken.

You're defiantly mistaken. I've been an immortal Jugg or Immortal/Veng hybrid in Soresu since launch, it's never been the way you described. Assault and sunder always gave us one less rage. You could talent sunder to give two (pre-2.0) but you never got more than two out of a sunder. Assault was always one.

And you only got one rage from being attacked every six seconds, not every time you're attacked, same as it is now. The only difference there is we can now spend just one point to lower that to one rage every three seconds instead of spending 3 skill points.

Shien, meanwhile, no longer generates one rage every six seconds when attacked. That talent now gives rage for taking aoe damage.

Edited by Ridickilis

I can confirm that soresu always reduced rage/focus gained from strike/assault abilities by 1. (playing since launch myself, guardian was my first toon, and i leveled him in tank spec because i didn't know any better back then heh :))

I can confirm that soresu always reduced rage/focus gained from strike/assault abilities by 1. (playing since launch myself, guardian was my first toon, and i leveled him in tank spec because i didn't know any better back then heh :))

Thats some really gimped shiz... I dont see what the point of that is? since all Specs now have the Generate one Focus from being attacked this gimp should be removed. it is a DPS dampener for Guardian. It makes the basic attack only generate 1 Focus. I know im Vigilance DPS on my Guardian but... thats just lame that Tanks cant generate Focus as fast/good as DPS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.