The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Coin Packs Pricing

Hello,

I realize this is not a suggestion about an item on the market but I thought it was the best place to post this comment.

I recently went out to get a pair of EA Gift Cards to get a $40 pack of coins only to find that there was $3.29 remaining balance to charge to my card. While this was not a problem for me this time. I like other gamers sometime live from paycheck to paycheck.

I would like to suggest that he pack prices be calculated to either include taxes or be reduced so that in most cases (say 90% of places that EA has to charge taxes) that the cost of the pack and associated taxes would fall within a reasonable range for the gift cards.

Thanks

So Bioware would make more or less money depending on where you live? I dont see that happening...needs to be the same for everyone + local taxes.

Why not just buy CC directly from the website? Or just buy a gift card with an extra $3.29 on it (if possible)

So Bioware would make more or less money depending on where you live? I dont see that happening...needs to be the same for everyone + local taxes.

Why not just buy CC directly from the website? Or just buy a gift card with an extra $3.29 on it (if possible)

Well, yeh. Incomes in various countries vary a lot. Age of Conan used to have lower subscribtion fees in central /eastern European countries. While in the west 15 euro for an armor set might be doable (2 hours of work for a kid on a part time job) in the east you have completely different realities. whoever is making up the cartel prices should take it into account if they want more people from that region to do purchases. It's not like they don't want to, most of them just can't afford them on average salary of 350 Euro a month (Poland, for example). That's why digital distribution is very unpopular in those countries. It's very expensive and video game distributors there often sell new games at much lower, from western, prices. At least for PC.

Some kind of regional blockades for preventing people from smuggling the codes would be sound, I guess.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue