The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

what am i doing wrong? (tank)

RoadyYdaor

I feel like i am getting pummled.

Heres my stats:

Unbuffed/Buffed (dark ward, mark of power, dark charge)

Health - 28119/same

Armor - 2736/5882

Dam Red - 18.35%/31.59

Def Chan - 18.90/same

Shield CH - 15.92/50.92

Shield Abs - 35.88/same

Haven't gone as far as Hard Mode hammer station.

Edited by RoadyYdaor

Doesn't seem to be any glaring issues with that, other than being a bit under on Def and Abs, but it's literally only a few percent from where I am in terms of those two stats. You might well have better Shield than I do.

Yes, you are getting pummeled. No, you're not really doing anything _wrong_ per se. Just that add damage stacks up far more than it did before 2.0. With things as they are now, tanks in HMs seem more reliant on their group, otherwise the collective add fire will chew us up in short order.

Just make this clear to people and remember to pop your defensive cooldowns on pulls.

With a decent group, you should manage Hammer just fine.

Edited by Rieverre

Your armorreduction look like you are not wearing 4 armorings for the complete tanksetbonus (an additionial 2% reduction on every attacktype) or you missed some abilities in your skilltree. That will give you about as much damagereduction as a full set of 69 armorings compared to 63 armorings on your sin tank and its easily obtained via classic commendations.

Another thing would be to look for mods/enchantments, earpieces... with acc or alacrity and replace them as quick as possible with gear that just has migation stats (absorb, shield, defense).

usual advice, try cc'ing (in stealth). not fully sin/shadow tanks have harder times then undergeared juggs/guardians as you can't toss around defensive cooldowns like candy corn.

and warn your healer to keep finger on a trigger if he's falling asleep.

I was quite annoyed that I lost my set bonus for wearing 4 item types when i started upgrading using the basic commendations, yes I've got better stats because of it but I think the set bonuses were nice :(

No, you have worse stats when you drop your set bonus just for another armoring. Keep always 4 armorings with set bonus on your tank, its even better then for example wearing 4 pieces of verpine armorings.