Unlocking Companion Crew Skill Bonuses at Max Affection

chriscshunter

I am a huge crafter on multiple toons. Before I got into crafting however I was learning the basics of the game and found my way into crafting later. So as I got into crafting I found I had multiple toons with the crew skills that had no relevant bonuses to the crew skills I had a lot of the time. Mostly already leveled up crew skills, thus making it very painful and time consuming and expensive to reroll my skills.

As I did some research I found that a lot of the bonuses just seem like someone just randomly typed in numbers on each companion which is very annoying. I see +1's, +2's, +5's, +10's, & +15's efficiency/critical. And sometimes you will see a companion with double efficiency of two types which is silly and worthless. Why the heck not have it consistently a +5 crit and +10 efficiency instead of these random numbers so its fair for each player? Anyways I'm going off my topic.

So ok I can understand it would be a bad idea to go in and move these bonuses around now that some people have set their skills up perfectly. My idea is to allow players to swap out the bonuses or in other words unlock a selection of currently unused bonuses on that toon once a companion reaches max affection. Either this or add more droid sensor skill bonuses that cover every skill.

I am just interested in trying to find a solution that makes crafting fair for every player regardless of your class. I mean what the heck does class have to do with crafting anyway? It's silly that certain classes are punished on crafting bonuses more so than others!

I have spent the last 2 weeks rerolling my skills and trying to match with the bonuses and I have multiple toons that are stricly gathering skills, and some toons I literally have no idea what to do with them because their bonuses are just so horrible.

Here is an example of a toon I don't know what to do with:

Jedi Consular

Qyzen Fess

+ 5 Bioanalysis Efficiency

+ 15 Archaeology Efficiency

Zenith

+ 15 Investigation Efficiency

+ 1 Underworld Trading Crit

Lt Iresso

+ 2 Critical Armstech Efficiency

+ 2 Critical Scavenging Efficiency

Theran Cedrax

+ 10 Cybertech Efficiency

+ 10 Slicing Efficiency

Nadia Grell

+ 10 Synthweaving Efficiency

+ 2 Critical Diplomacy

So this toon is mostly tons of efficiency... which lets be honest, efficiency is completely worthless. Everyone knows its all about the critical. So lets look at the criticals. We got Underworld at a bottom of the barrel low down +1% bonus which is crap, and then you got two weak +2% for armstech and scav. I mean this Jedi Consular's companion bonuses are complete trash, its simply horrible and anyone who knows anything about crafting would agree. And this is just 1 example of a few!

Edited by chriscshunter

I think they should remove all efficiency bonuses and replace them with equivalent (high/low) crit bonuses. Efficiency is pointless for something you dont even do yourself. If they wanted to do something constructive with them, efficiency could mean less material cost - that would at least do something useful. Edited by Asavrede

I think they should remove all efficiency bonuses and replace them with equivalent (high/low) crit bonuses. Efficiency is pointless for something you dont even do yourself. If they wanted to do something constructive with them, efficiency could mean less material cost - that would at least do something useful.

Thank you very much for giving me a post that makes total sense. I agree with everything you said 100% and I didn't even think about it like that. So in addition to my suggestion, remove/replace or redefine efficiency to cost less materials. Very well said.

Edited by chriscshunter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.