Tips please

rrp-swtor

Hi! New to SWTOR. Been playing for a month now.

Before I go too far into the game, I decided to try a few classes and level them to the 15-20 range. I've got a Powertech, Marauder, Sniper, Sorcerer, Shadow, Trooper, and Guardian.

My Marauder seems to be the most problematic.

It is definitely the one character that needs to be healed the most after each fight and also the one that died the most often so far. (Even the Jedi warrior from 1 to 10 seemed less squishy.)

Against 2 strongs and 1 normal, I will almost always end up with 1 fifth of my health bar left or less. If a patrol joins in, I'm in trouble.

He's level 15 and I picked 2 ranks of Cloak of Carnage, 2 ranks of Defensive Forms, and 2 ranks of Battle Cry. I'm using Shii-Cho form.

My opener is:

Force Charge - Force Scream (free) - Smash (if more than 1 opponent) - Battering Assault - Rupture - Ravage (against Strongs).

I prep Saber Ward, Cloak of Pain, and Berserk against bosses.

Any help with survivability would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Finish the Balmorra Class Quests. Then you get your healer companion. Seriously. The Marauder/Sentinel are extremely squishy for most of your leveling experience. Make sure to keep your gear up as high as possible as well and do not be afraid to overlevel the quest area.

I'll assume your gear is up to date, yes? Then, kill order; weakest to strongest.

Other than that, if the mob has more than one weak, I find it's good to use smash right after the leap as it incapacitates weak enemies for 3 seconds. That gives you a bit of breathing room to finish off one, possibly two. At that point I would pop cloak of pain, rather than waiting on a boss. It will last up to 30 seconds if you're constantly attacked, which you should be. Don't be afraid to pop berserk sooner (or as soon as you have a 30 stack) as well. Fury builds pretty fast, even faster when you eventually take two in short fuse from the Annihilation tree.

Also, Quinn is a good choice for a companion once you get him, if you don't have him already.

I'll assume your gear is up to date, yes? Then, kill order; weakest to strongest.

Trying to... I could forward a bit of money from an alt I suppose to help. For some reason, he's one of my poorest character even though I do all side quests.

Thanks for the target order. I was trying to dispatch the strongest first.

Well I'm a Carnage Marauder 4life :D, but I'll try to sum them up.

Annihilation is a dot based spec and has self healing when you pop berserk, moreso when you start taking the talents in the tree. The consensus is this is probably 'the best' pve spec of the three. Pretty sturdy with the internal/elemental reduction in Juyo form combined with the self heals.

Rage is the big aoe smash bomb spec. I see they now have some decent DR with berserk and defensive forms combined with the 3 you already get being in Shii-cho. The spec is based around ramping up for your shockwave and big smash crit.

Carnage is the single target burst spec and I would say the 'squishiest' of the three. That said I leveled both my Marauder and Sentinel in Combat/carnage spec right from level 10 and didn't have any issues.

If you keep your gear up to date, watch your kill order and use your defenses wisely, all of the three specs are good.

Edited by Ridickilis

Well I'm a Carnage Marauder 4life :D, but I'll try to sum them up.

Annihilation is a dot based spec and has self healing when you pop berserk, moreso when you start taking the talents in the tree. The consensus is this is probably 'the best' pve spec of the three. Pretty sturdy with the internal/elemental reduction in Juyo form combined with the self heals.

Rage is the big aoe smash bomb spec. I see they now have some decent DR with berserk and defensive forms combined with the 3 you already get being in Shii-cho. The spec is based around ramping up for your shockwave and big smash crit.

Carnage is the single target burst spec and I would say the 'squishiest' of the three. That said I leveled both my Marauder and Sentinel in Combat/carnage spec right from level 10 and didn't have any issues.

If you keep your gear up to date, watch your kill order and use your defenses wisely, all of the three specs are good.

Thanks a bunch! That helps a lot!

I think I'll rule out Annihilation even though it's got heals. I despise DoT's. They last much longer the the critters do. I'd consider it if they were shorter but ticked faster or for more damage.

I like AoE's but I think a Mara should do maximum concentrated damage rather than spread it out... I'll try Cranage and see how it goes.

Thanks again! Most helpful!