** The real reason for increased credit costs of everything.

mattkingsw

In case nobody has figured out why they are making everything more expensive, AND reducing income..

Lots of money to fly in space.

Insane expenses to repair after deaths in higher level content.

Insane cost to remove mods.

Etc..

Coupled with;

Persistent nerfs to crew missions.

Huge credit reduction to Warzones (anyone remember the 20K creds on a good win?)

Nerf to crafting incomes via planetary, CM, etc.

Nerf to space missions (Creds, Comms etc)

Nerf to the credit income on dailies.

So has anyone else figured out why they are doing this? I have.. It's not because they want to fix the economy, it has been broken since launch and they don't really care about it.

The reason is simple:

A bean counter at BW discovered they would sell more cartel coins if they did this. A lot of folks are buying cartel market items and packs, then selling them on the GTN which is creating a closed economy where they make a lot of money. They figure if they can REDUCE player profitability, and squeeze people hard enough they will spend their money on more cartel market crap and toss it on the GTN to make money.

It's rather simple. I have seen this in every F2P game. World of Tanks for example made it so utterly unprofitable to play beyond tier 8 that you MUST purchase their gold to continue. But the net result for them was people stopped playing past tier 8, and tier 9 and 10 are ghost towns, they actually lost money doing this. BW is making a mistake because they are making the game so unprofitable to play people to people unwilling to purchase CM items, they will quit, and it will hurt us all.

125,000c to repair after an incomplete op last night, that's unsustainable. I simply cannot run ops any longer at that rate. The greedos that run this game are slowly but surely destroying it for F2P players, and forcing them to buy their CM trash.

Edited by mattkingsw

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are not able to make (a lot) more than you spend in this game, then you are doing something horribly wrong and should spend the effort into looking into that rather than some lengthy fail conspiracy thread.

In case nobody has figured out why they are making everything more expensive, AND reducing income..

Etc..

Coupled with;

Huge credit reduction to Warzones (anyone remember the 20K creds on a good win?)

So has anyone else figured out why they are doing this? I have.. It's not because they want to fix the economy, it has been broken since launch and they don't really care about it.

The reason is simple:

A bean counter at BW discovered they would sell more cartel coins if they did this. A lot of folks are buying cartel market items and packs, then selling them on the GTN which is creating a closed economy where they make a lot of money. They figure if they can REDUCE player profitability, and squeeze people hard enough they will spend their money on more cartel market crap and toss it on the GTN to make money.

It's rather simple. I have seen this in every F2P game. World of Tanks for example made it so utterly unprofitable to play beyond tier 8 that you MUST purchase their gold to continue. But the net result for them was people stopped playing past tier 8, and tier 9 and 10 are ghost towns, they actually lost money doing this. BW is making a mistake because they are making the game so unprofitable to play people to people unwilling to purchase CM items, they will quit, and it will hurt us all.

125,000c to repair after an incomplete op last night, that's unsustainable. I simply cannot run ops any longer at that rate. The greedos that run this game are slowly but surely destroying it for F2P players, and forcing them to buy their CM trash.

If you're not an idiot, you don't have to pay to go to any high level planets. I don't die often so that doesn't bother me, I don't change my armour every day so I don't notice that. Honestly half of these complaints are easily avoided.

For example space travel,

Korriban, Drummond Kaas, Tatooine, Correlia/Black Hole, Illum, Belsavis/Section X, Makeb are all free with correct legacy perks/usage of terminals/shuttles. . I don't remember if when you use the quick travel to ship still works since 2.0 where you can fly anywhere free but if so then you really can go anywhere.

Edited by Greenify

If you are not able to make (a lot) more than you spend in this game, then you are doing something horribly wrong and should spend the effort into looking into that rather than some lengthy fail conspiracy thread.

Maybe if you raided, you'd know better.. This thread won't make sense to a good portion of people who don't explore higher level content, don't have high quality 156+ rated gear, and don't raid on a regular basis.

Fact is, they put in more credit sinks, and removed higher credit generating stuff because they want to sell more cartel stuff because it is the easiest way for people to make money. FACT. Many F2P games eventually succumb to the greeders, and this one is no exception.

100-200K a night to repair high level gear isn't sustainable, period, and that is just ONE of the many credit sinks.

Interesting.

I tried my first 55HM last night as a 55 Sin Tank with mostly 146-156 gear. After 5 wipes on the second boss we realized our healer wasn't up to the task. Repair costs? 65,000 credits. I realized then I wouldn't be doing 55HM FP's any longer because I cannot afford that. The op is correct.:mad:

Maybe if you raided, you'd know better.. This thread won't make sense to a good portion of people who don't explore higher level content, don't have high quality 156+ rated gear, and don't raid on a regular basis.

Fact is, they put in more credit sinks, and removed higher credit generating stuff because they want to sell more cartel stuff because it is the easiest way for people to make money. FACT. Many F2P games eventually succumb to the greeders, and this one is no exception.

100-200K a night to repair high level gear isn't sustainable, period, and that is just ONE of the many credit sinks.

Makeb dailies pay well for little time (most). Black Hole is a joke to run through, so would section x if it wasn't so much walking. Then there's the daily GF/WZ and the weekly.

Quite frankly you should never wipe in a operation SM if you check everyone has minimum gear and has read tactics/done it before. More than 2 wipes means you probably aren't ready for the op.

Either you are BSing about your repair bill or you are BSing about how hard it is for you to afford it. I do not know anyone in game who has raided enough to have the type of gear that would ring up a high repair bill like that who doesn't have a giant stack of credits to back it up.

Not to mention that 160k in repairs over wipes is you banging your head against the wall. But you raid, so you knew that.

Edited by TheBBP

Interesting.

I tried my first 55HM last night as a 55 Sin Tank with mostly 146-156 gear. After 5 wipes on the second boss we realized our healer wasn't up to the task. Repair costs? 65,000 credits. I realized then I wouldn't be doing 55HM FP's any longer because I cannot afford that. The op is correct.:mad:

I never usually wipe on flashpoints. Check the tank and Heal gear. DPS can afford to be a bit below but if heal/tank are undergeared you will wipe. 65000 credtis for a repair bill, quite frankly I quit the group if we die more than once or kick the person under-geared.

Quitting the group on 1 wipe is idiot play, and only people not doing 55HM's do that. Why? Wipes are common on 55HM's, so my conclusion is - you aren't doing 55HM's. Take a gander at the 55HM threads on the forums and you will see people say a few wipes per 55HM are common.

Wipes in regular HM's should be uncommon, that is true. However there are a lot of people that are new to 50+ and still learning the ropes, so wipes can happen. 55HM's take a lot of effort, and experimentation (and little payout), so wipes - even on trash (which can hit for 5K per) are common.

So lets not dilute the POINT OF THIS THREAD.

Credit sinks were increased, profits were lowered. Why? So they can sell you CM crap. Try to stay on topic here. The fact is they are slowly squeezing F2P by using this method, and it is hurting subscribers and supporters of the game unnecessarily. I know at least 2 guildmates that can't afford repairs right now so they don't raid. That's harming the game.

Quitting the group on 1 wipe is idiot play, and only people not doing 55HM's do that. Why? Wipes are common on 55HM's, so my conclusion is - you aren't doing 55HM's. Take a gander at the 55HM threads on the forums and you will see people say a few wipes per 55HM are common.

Wipes in regular HM's should be uncommon, that is true. However there are a lot of people that are new to 50+ and still learning the ropes, so wipes can happen. 55HM's take a lot of effort, and experimentation (and little payout), so wipes - even on trash (which can hit for 5K per) are common.

Credit sinks were increased, profits were lowered. Why? So they can sell you CM crap. Try to stay on topic here. The fact is they are slowly squeezing F2P by using this method, and it is hurting subscribers and supporters of the game unnecessarily. I know at least 2 guildmates that can't afford repairs right now so they don't raid. That's harming the game.

I actually run at least on 55 HM per day. I rarely wipe, OFC if you wipe by accident then that's that, but if the tank/heal are under-geared and you failed to address that you deserve to wipe multiple times.

I am contesting the fact that they have made it so much more difficult. Even while questing on makeb you get credti drops 1000+

Edited by Greenify

I am contesting the fact that they have made it so much more difficult. Even while questing on makeb you get credti drops 1000+

Ohhh, 1000+!!!! Amazing credits.. :rolleyes: Don't be an idiot. 1000+ is a drop in the bucket when you can drop 200-300K a night if you run multiple characters through dailies and raids, and require repair costs. You apparrently missed the good ole' days when slicing could bring 100K a night, or doing 10 warzones was 250K.. Now it's all gone, and the intent of them is to force you into the CM garbage.

Ohhh, 1000+!!!! Amazing credits.. :rolleyes: Don't be an idiot. 1000+ is a drop in the bucket when you can drop 200-300K a night if you run multiple characters through dailies and raids, and require repair costs. You apparrently missed the good ole' days when slicing could bring 100K a night, or doing 10 warzones was 250K.. Now it's all gone, and the intent of them is to force you into the CM garbage.

You are still grossly sensationalizing your problem. Probably so you don't feel foolish. Because if you raid as much as you claim and you are losing 150k per night doing it, you are failing VERY hard and should probably look into learning how to MMO.

Edited by TheBBP

Etc..

Coupled with;

The reason is simple:

You don't understand game inflation. At all.

GTN sales are player-to-player shuffling of existing coin. They don't care about that.

They introduced more credit sinks and adjusted the ones that we have because there are people with HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of credits in the game and they're desperately trying to get a handle on it before inflation spirals out of control.

On a regular day, I can pull down 400k in NEW credits, created from thin air by Dailies and mob grinding. And that's just with ONE character at 55. If I had my 3 chars at 55 and doing nothing but the Makeb dailies, I could easily pull down close to 1mil credits. PER DAY. All new credits created from thin air by the completions of Dailies.

This much wealth has be compensated with, somehow, or inflation eventually spirals to the point where anything of value comes with a price tag of millions of credits. Hence, the increased credit sinks and tweaked older credit sinks.

To reiterate, the GTN sales are player-to-player shuffling of existing coin, aside from the negligible effects of the Credit Boom boost. This does nothing good or bad to the status of in-game inflation.

It's the players pulling down hundreds of thousands of credits per character per day that's driven BW to tweak their game to be more taxing(see what I did thar) in terms of in-game maintenance.

LOL, exactly. It is not hard at all to make credits in this game.

Etc..

Coupled with;

The reason is simple:

I have not seen this much tinfoil in the forum in a while.

Seriously... as others have commented.... if you cannot make more then you spend.. you are doing it wrong. This MMO literally throws credits at you (compared to other MMOs).

As for "alleged" extreme repair bills. 1) stop exaggerating. 2) learn to play.

And another thing... when you state "The greedos that run this game are slowly but surely destroying it for F2P players, and forcing them to buy their CM trash".... you destroyed your legitimacy to even gripe because F2P and CM have absolutely nothing to do with what you are QQing about.

Edited by Andryah

Etc..

Coupled with;

The reason is simple:

Your theory makes sense to me. They are always looking for a way to rake in the cash.

"All the F2P model is, is a way for companies to charge as much as possible for as less as possible."

Etc..

Coupled with;

The reason is simple:

It doesn't quite work like that. Cartel Coins do NOT bring new credits into the game economy. Buy something from the Cartel Store, and you won't get credits, unless you're extremely (un?)lucky with the contents of a cartel pack.

You have to SELL those items on the GTN to turn them into credits. And where did those credits come from?

That's right: they came from other players, who also did NOT get those credits from the Cartel Store, but by simply playing the game as intended. Doing missions, doing dailies, taking care not to die stupidly.

THE CARTEL STORE IS NOT A CREDIT PRESS!

Credits are generated by playing the game!

Stop blaming the Cartel store for your incompetence to do so!

L2P!