The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best new proc relics

Leovinus

So now that the relics show the "crit type" and the "element type" of their damage, I'm seeing a lot of... inconsistency with what is currently available. For instance, I have an old Dread Guard proc relic (Dark Radiance), which does Internal Tech. Sadly, I don't think that upgrading in a linear fashion is the appropriate thing to do, because the Arkanian relic of the same name now does internal FORCE damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but of the types available, I'm thinking in the arkanian, the best currently existing combination is Elemental Tech? So the Arkanian relic of Elemental Transcendence?

Then to make matters worse, the Underworld relics have neither elemental nor internal TECH damage types. The Underworld relic of elemental transcendance suddenly does Elemental FORCE damage. So in the Underworld tier, which is the best for a PT dps? And does anyone believe they'll be changing it either before or after when I get the token to buy the damn things?

No it wont be changed, not sure why they fudged the names, but just go by the tooltips, you want the elemental damage one... since we do fire damage with most of our attacks and that counts as elemental.

Okay, I get that. I'm just a little bit unclear about what we should do after the arkanian level. Would it be better for us to stick with arkanian elemental tech, or actually upgrade to the only tech damage Underworld, which is energy tech?

Actually, if and until they fix them, the BiS is actually getting the two PVP relics... the power proc relics there... since right now the conquerer and the partisian relics are on separate CDs, so you can get a double power proc which is pretty insane for your damage boost.

The risk here, is they will likely patch that one soon enough so they share a CD... but they are without a doubt the REAL BiS relics if that is what you are looking for.

After that? Who knows... But as far as I know with our class you want the elemental relics, if it doesn't exist for the underworld level then I dunno what to tell you.

Actually, if and until they fix them, the BiS is actually getting the two PVP relics... the power proc relics there... since right now the conquerer and the partisian relics are on separate CDs, so you can get a double power proc which is pretty insane for your damage boost.

The risk here, is they will likely patch that one soon enough so they share a CD... but they are without a doubt the REAL BiS relics if that is what you are looking for.

After that? Who knows... But as far as I know with our class you want the elemental relics, if it doesn't exist for the underworld level then I dunno what to tell you.

Yeah, the problem with the elemental relic at underworld level, at least for now, is that it does elemental FORCE damage, which makes it far less inviting. And sadly, the PvP relics are not an option for me, as I don't PVP, nor will I ever. Ah, well, I'll keep an eye on them in the hopes they fix it.

Have you or anyone tried using 2 Partisan ones? Since they don't share CDs I would think you could get 2x proc as well. It would also be much cheaper for those starting out.

Partisan x2 doesn't work as the different tiers are what currently separates the cooldown, which is where the bug is (and what will likely be patched).

If you don't find yourself in a position to get a PvE version of the Serendipitous Assault relic any time soon, hop into a few WZs and get a partisan one.

Seriously, even if you've never set foot in a WZ before, getting 550 regular comms will be quick.

Edited by DrDoofy