The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, is it going to be a year before you address this PT nerf?

Individual

It took a year before you addressed the mercs needs, and now the PTs are in need with DPS. Why is it Bioware that you guys can always always find ways to make one of the BH classes miserable. There is no reason now what so ever to even let a PT do an operation now. Our DPS is medium at best. That said, what else do we have to offer for DPS in operations? Even Juggs are doing better than we are. We offer no debuffs, or no group buffs like blood thirst. AP has never been a good option, and from the looks of it, it never will be. So, is it going to be another year before we get addressed for DPS? Whoever came up with the idea to nerf our dots is not to bright. It would of been better if anything to nerf some of our burst. Oh wait, you did. You nerfed TD as well as our dots. Just sad face.

What nerf? If your talking about DPS then you need to stop trying to play a class that is a tank based class as a DPS. if your whining about PvP then play a round Full shield spec. Shield spec is one of the most OP specs for PvP since the Engineering/Lethality hybrid for sniper.

Thank science for the nerfing. They needed it. I don't understand all the whining. I still top damage on PvP. You guys need to L2P. Pyrotech PT was so OP in every warzone. If you had 3 PTs on a team you automatically won the game. The class is top 3 for DPS still. Do I need to post results?

Thank science for the nerfing. They needed it. I don't understand all the whining. I still top damage on PvP. You guys need to L2P. Pyrotech PT was so OP in every warzone. If you had 3 PTs on a team you automatically won the game. The class is top 3 for DPS still. Do I need to post results?

Also, top DPS doesn't really mean anything, especially in regular non-rated Warzones. A lot of the time having top DPS means something like you were the guy deathmatching in Huttball when you should've been working on objectives.

At the end of the day, having a higher DPS output when beating your head against enemies all day means little when it comes to PvP. True DPS value and viability in PvP comes from burst damage, which I'm just not seeing from our class right now. Cutting 50% of our CGC and TD damage while giving Rail Shot 15% less armor penetration really did a number on what we can do. Sure, our overall DPS might look good when you see everything totaled up at the end of the game, but if you weren't able to kill anyone with it then consider it useless.

If you're really confident about our burst viability in warzones (and not just trolling) then post a video of yourself in a 55 warzone bursting down some competent healers 1v1. The rest of us will be waiting.

As I have posted in other threads (even made one specifically asking to deepen my understanding of the issues) I do NOT get what all the fuss is about in operations.

I mean that is half of what you are complaining about. Juggs doing more damage than us... where? On trash? Cause that is the ONLY meter game I am losing on, cause I can only hit 4.5k while even our tank jugg hits in the 9k level on trash... but so what? thats trash.

Aside from that I have done all of two fights that our jugg dps gives me a run for my money on still being number one and that is on the first fight in TFB, and MAYBE the Titan 6 fight in SAV. Because, go figure, there is a decent amount of AOE in those fights. The only reason they do not dominate me, is the adds drop way too fast, so I am getting my highest damage out each and every time with DFA, and then they are dead (sometimes I even dot them once with flame sweep before DFA making me "steal" more of that damage out during that phase).

Otherwise, I was litterally complaining at my guild that I was number one on the meters all night long when we are apparently "nerfed"... Every fight, I was easily 100 dps higher than the guy below me, and we have two equally geared players, a sniper and a jugg, who just couldn't quite keep up. So PLEASE tell me, where are we "poor" dps?

I went over my spec, rotation, AND gave a TORParse in another thread, so go there if you don't believe me.

PVP - yeah, we are hurting, if someone has better insight in how to play this properly Im all ears, but right now, I just dont see it.

What nerf? If your talking about DPS then you need to stop trying to play a class that is a tank based class as a DPS. if your whining about PvP then play a round Full shield spec. Shield spec is one of the most OP specs for PvP since the Engineering/Lethality hybrid for sniper.

QFT, none of the "tank" classes were intended to "only" tank, and be terrible at everything else... It is ONE tree out of three, and the other two are intended to be balanced around be VERY capable DPS classes. There is not supposed to be a "hybrid tax" in this game... unless you dedicate a TON of points into the tanking tree.