More Rewards = Cheaper Materials

Ewok-Scout

I've spent time since RotHC launched acquiring plenty of materials and crafting augments, only to find that in the latest patch, I can sell them for only a fraction of their worth due to these ridiculous changes making materials less rare, accommodating the casual gamers as always ffs. It's not like it's even hard to send away missions, even casuals can log in every now and then to send them, why lower the mats? More problems as always with SWTOR.

I've spent time since RotHC launched acquiring plenty of materials and crafting augments, only to find that in the latest patch, I can sell them for only a fraction of their worth due to these ridiculous changes making materials less rare, accommodating the casual gamers as always ffs. It's not like it's even hard to send away missions, even casuals can log in every now and then to send them, why lower the mats? More problems as always with SWTOR.

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from. To make the top end stuff, say the purple 28 augments, you need 4 Thermal Regulators. The only way to get those is by critting on Bountiful and Rich slicing missions or to run the Wealthy one. Taking only Bountiful and Rich into account, the cost of these things seems to be around 9,300 each, making your materials cost for the augment somewhere around 40,000 credits, depending on which flavor of augment you're making.

Critting is exceedingly rare, even with 10k affection, +2 crit pets. Probably around 15%. So the materials are going to keep being rare, even if the drop rate has been upped a bit.

So anyway, if you're saying you're selling purple 28 augments for less than 40k and Thermal Regulators for less than 9k each and you're on my server, please mail me all you have for 44k and 10k, respectively!

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from. To make the top end stuff, say the purple 28 augments, you need 4 Thermal Regulators. The only way to get those is by critting on Bountiful and Rich slicing missions or to run the Wealthy one. Taking only Bountiful and Rich into account, the cost of these things seems to be around 9,300 each, making your materials cost for the augment somewhere around 40,000 credits, depending on which flavor of augment you're making.

Critting is exceedingly rare, even with 10k affection, +2 crit pets. Probably around 15%. So the materials are going to keep being rare, even if the drop rate has been upped a bit.

So anyway, if you're saying you're selling purple 28 augments for less than 40k and Thermal Regulators for less than 9k each and you're on my server, please mail me all you have for 44k and 10k, respectively!

I'm getting regulators ridiculously quickly compared to before, and the market is going down because of it.

I'm getting regulators ridiculously quickly compared to before, and the market is going down because of it.

I've run the Rich mission 33 times and the Bountiful 26.

The Bountiful critted only twice in all that time so I'm done with it.

The Rich critted 7 times, or 21%, for a total of 28 Regulators. Running only the Rich mission, yeah, Regulators aren't terribly expensive. But each mission that crits gives 4 (enough for 1 augment), takes quite a bit of time to run, and you can only run one at a time per character with slicing.

There would have to be a lot of slicers out there for the market to get saturated. Could become an issue, I guess. The price point for them seems to be lower than my initial testing indicated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.