The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Been away - Confused, please help.

Neriglissar

I have been away for a wile so this is most lightly an old issue, I did look at the first five pages on this forum but didn't see anything that explained.

This is regarding Expertise, I have just discovered that it has vanished from my armor, armor I spent hours earning. Looking at my Warzone Commendations I can see that I have received nothing in way of compensation for my time.

Can someone explain how I am to be compensated for my loss please?

You did receive compensation, in the form of extra stats on the gear.

As for why though, it was meant to make 55 gear more attractive and not unbalance the newer low level brackets that would have included people in WH/EWH gear, against low levels with 0 expertise at all.

There was an expansion, old armour is out of date.

Expertise is now linear and has no diminshing returns until cap (around 2018).

The Bolster system now tries to buff by equipment slot as well as by level, to make lack of gear less of an obstacle to joining PvP matches.

Your armour was buffed in its other stats, and if it was good PvP armour then, it will be good PvE armour now.

The new Bolster system will award you expertise when you enter a warzone. Your old armour should be fine for warzones.

Once you reach level 55, there are two new sets of level 55 PvP armour to earn. These have native expertise.

New Bolster has had some issues to iron out, and is still being looked at. To account for lowbies with empty equipment slots, even an empty slot gives decent stats, which has led some people to run "Naked Bolster" with just weapons. This can function, although you will be better with proper PvP gear at 55, and better with decent gear below it.

Other notes:

With Bolster still being sorted out, you may be better off without using relics. Check.

Recruit gear is pretty certainly now worse than any other gear, don't use it.

Do not mix PvE and PvP mods/crystals in one item. This makes Bolster think the whole piece is PvP so you don't get the whole expertise stat boost you should.

You did receive compensation, in the form of extra stats on the gear.

As for why though, it was meant to make 55 gear more attractive and not unbalance the newer low level brackets that would have included people in WH/EWH gear, against low levels with 0 expertise at all.

Actually it had nothing to do with making the new level 55 gear look more attractive. It was because people in the lower level brackets with WH/EWH where worse off than people without any gear on at all. In order to fix that problem BioWare decided that the only 2 options where to either remove all the Expertise from the WH/EWH armor and boost the other stats, or to boost the Expertise so high that it would make the gear useless outside of PVP.

Its been kind of bizarre because my auged EWH was being mowed down pretty easily now. And when I'm out in PVE my expertise says double digits, and when I zone in, it says something else. The upside is PVE has been decent in my EWH, but it always was. I agree its confusing.

I have been away for a wile so this is most lightly an old issue, I did look at the first five pages on this forum but didn't see anything that explained.

This is regarding Expertise, I have just discovered that it has vanished from my armor, armor I spent hours earning. Looking at my Warzone Commendations I can see that I have received nothing in way of compensation for my time.

Can someone explain how I am to be compensated for my loss please?

Just don't get the new expansion and you won't need new gear. You will be boosted to lvl 54 in wzs for free. That's right, for free.

If you still insist on being compensated, I suggest starting a class action suit, because it happened to everyone. I am unsure if each class will have to start their own class action suit, because if all classes start one lawsuit it will actually be a "classes action" suit. Something for legal minds to ponder.