Marksman makes me happy...and sad.

Ulmius

So I dusted off my old lvl 36 sniper because my friend is leveling up a tank and I wanted to quest with him. I am going down the marksman tree and with the change to follow through, I really enjoy the class a lot. Great damage and it flows nicely... and that makes me happy.

Then, I fight tank type npcs and I feel sad. It's not the high armor of the target because I use that one move to reduce their armor. But instead, it's seeing their constant shielding of my moves. With only mainly having white damage moves, I see so many of my shots being reduced in damage by a great deal and this makes me sad.

Is there a way to avoid this? Like, if I get my accuracy really high I can stop seeing that? Or do I just have to resign to the fact that when fighting tank type enemies my guy will be super weak vs them?

If you're worried about tanks.. Lethality chews through tanks like crazy..I love seeing tanks take a huge hit with my Lethality..and in pugs hardly anyone does the debuff thing anyway, so lethality is actually a rather effective and fun spec. Give it a try.

If you're worried about tanks.. Lethality chews through tanks like crazy..I love seeing tanks take a huge hit with my Lethality..and in pugs hardly anyone does the debuff thing anyway, so lethality is actually a rather effective and fun spec. Give it a try.

Marksman is a tankbuster aswell. If you pop a Shatter Shot then 2 followthroughs and Takedown you can annhilate a tank.

Critical chance counteracts shield chance

Accuracy counteracts defense chance

Armor Penetration/Ignore counteracts armor rating

Marksmen tree provides bonuses to accuracy, critical chance, armor penetration, and critical bonus damage for some abilities. Snipers also get Target Acquired at level 50 which gives bonus accuracy and armor penetration. Marksmen provides everything you need to maintain high dps against tanks.

If you're really worried, then I'd suggest trying out Engineering and Lethality which both dish out more "yellow" damage.

with the change on how shielding works (now shielding all kinetic/enegry damage no matter if force,tech,ranged or melee)

a lot of classes including sorcs have to deal with it.

the best setup against it are classes and specs with high critchance (crit overwrites shieldchance) and high internal/elemental damage (because they cannot be shielded).

that would be both powertechs speccs and leathailty snipers

(they have 50%+ of their damage coming from elemental/internal damage and quite high crit chance on the rest of their attacks through talents)

Edited by Quantemoq

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.