The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shoulder cannon - goes on CD even when not used at all

Ionor

As description says. The Shoulder Cannon goes on the 90sec cooldown even when you DO NOT fire all the missiles, but they just perish through time (I believe that is 4 min 30 secs).

It gives any stealth attacker a 90 second windows of opportunity to stealthcap the door we are guarding (Against which I assume the shoulder cannon should protect).

Is this intended ?

As description says. The Shoulder Cannon goes on the 90sec cooldown even when you DO NOT fire all the missiles, but they just perish through time (I believe that is 4 min 30 secs).

It gives any stealth attacker a 90 second windows of opportunity to stealthcap the door we are guarding (Against which I assume the shoulder cannon should protect).

Is this intended ?

Yes. :p

That is one of my personal gripes with Shoulder Cannon :(.

Personally I would prefer if the "cooldown" started counting from the time you activate "Shoulder Cannon". That way, if you fire off all 4/7 missiles before the 90 seconds are up you would have to wait for the cooldown to end before you could activate it again.

On the other hand, if you only fire off the last missile after those 90 seconds are up, you would be able to use Shoulder Cannon again immediately.

Not sure if:

1) the engine can handle this "functionality".

2) if Shoulder Cannon would not be deemed "overpowered" if it did work this way.

I have to agree with ZeroPlus on this one, there should be an internal cooldown after you activate it so that if you decide not to blow all the missiles at once, you can in theory keep the shoulder cannon active perpetually. I mean, it doesn't even hit very hard. :(

I've seen abilities like this before, it basically means that the devs don't give a *wink* about your class.

Instead of implementing a reasonable expansion ability, one that would similarly be non-GCD but then have a 5 or 6 second refresh; they went and threw an overly-complicated mechanic into the device and guaranteed a headache. They clearly didn't test it enough OR care about it's overall ability to perform.

Another problem - this time PvE problem is, that I have to watch when I am loading my missiles before the Boss fight starts.

Otherwise I might

i) Load missiles

ii) Ops gets sorted out for 5 mins (someone goes for bio, some explanations are made for boss mechanics)

iii) Fight starts - screw me, the Shoulder Cannon is on 1 min CD.