The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What if the Sith never had Infighting?

lets face it: the reason the Empire is losing is because of Sith infighting. so what if there was no infighting? i personally believe they would be in control of (most of) the galaxy, there would be no need for the Rule of Two, and the Jedi would be utterly destroyed in another Jedi Purge. any other opinions?

I would agree with you for the most part... but....

Sith Infighting is what makes the Sith strong in the first place. The weak die and the strong become stronger. It makes the Sith stronger every generation while the Jedi remain more or less stagnant.

This is why the Rule of Two is what eventually brought down the entire Jedi Order. The two Sith get so strong, intelligent and manipulative (cough Sidious cough) so fast that eventually the Jedi will be outmatched.

While Sith infighting definitely makes them weaker in the short term, it makes them stronger in the long term.

So, to answer your question, yes and no.

Yes, because they wouldn't have the short term weakness.

No, because Sith Infighting is what made them strong in the first place.

To answer this question with just one answer, yes or no, first you have to draw the line on when the infighting takes place. No Sith infighting ever? Or no Sith infighting specifically during Vitiate's conflict with the Galactic Republic?

I would answer the former with: No, they would not win and control most of the Galaxy.

I would answer the latter with: They would probably win and control most of the Galaxy, but at the very least they would do better than they have done currently.

Edited by Swissbob

I would agree with you for the most part... but....

Sith Infighting is what makes the Sith strong in the first place. The weak die and the strong become stronger. It makes the Sith stronger every generation while the Jedi remain more or less stagnant.

This is why the Rule of Two is what eventually brought down the entire Jedi Order. The two Sith get so strong, intelligent and manipulative (cough Sidious cough) so fast that eventually the Jedi will be outmatched.

While Sith infighting definitely makes them weaker in the short term, it makes them stronger in the long term.

So, to answer your question, yes and no.

Yes, because they wouldn't have the short term weakness.

No, because Sith Infighting is what made them strong in the first place.

To answer this question with just one answer, yes or no, first you have to draw the line on when the infighting takes place. No Sith infighting ever? Or no Sith infighting specifically during Vitiate's conflict with the Galactic Republic?

I would answer the former with: No, they would not win and control most of the Galaxy.

I would answer the latter with: They would probably win and control most of the Galaxy, but at the very least they would do better than they have done currently.

Actually I would argue that it only made them stronger in the mid-term, in the long term in weakened them, any alliances they made were worthless, andany changes they made to improve there chances of beating their enemies would get reverse by the next Darth wanting to make an impression.

It has been argued that they had a Darwinian society, this misunderstands Darwin, yes Darwin said that the weak fall and the strong thrive, but he meant strength in their evolutionary niche. The Sith frequently destroy those that could become strong, because they happen to be rivals, and this weakens them as a species, Darwin would be horrified to think people were comparing his theory of evolution with this.

PS> for any creationists out there, in scientific circles "Theory" means proven with lots of evidence supporting it, creation theories are actually theorems or hypothesis's.

They wouldn't be Sith anymore. IMO, true Sith shouldn't have problem to backstab his fellow Sith if he gets an opportunity to seize some reasonable amount of power by it. I think Sith shouldn't prevail via cooperation, such victory would be worthless, since dark side would suffer from it. They should prevail, because their leadership being so powerul and fearful that other Sith couldn't afford to step out of line.

Unfortunately, it is not the case currently, but hopefully the Dark council is making steps in the right direction.