Accuracy and relics 2.0

Fazaani

accuracy hasn't changed one bit, get it as close to 100% without going over. In full arkanian gear you can get it to 99.97%, which is perfect.

I've been running the numbers 2 weeks in a row in HM S&V (full clear) and the above quote is accurate.

There is an underworld relic that procs power every 20 seconds but until I get it I cant run the numbers and be sure. I've heard mixed reviews, in theory it sounds great but with all the casting interruptions I see now it may not be worth it. But those 3 are the ones I would consider. I have arkanian boundless ages and kinetic tempest right now.

Edited by respwn

If you're using Hammer Shots in your rotation as much as you should, getting the proc fom Serendipitous Assault isn't that hard.

I think he meant that you may waste the boost if it procs just before one of the (frequent) breaks in combat (Titan6 duck and cover system comes to mind)

I think he meant that you may waste the boost if it procs just before one of the (frequent) breaks in combat (Titan6 duck and cover system comes to mind)

Launch takes long enough I don't consider this that big of a problem. 550 power with basically 30% up time is a lot =X

Launch takes long enough I don't consider this that big of a problem. 550 power with basically 30% up time is a lot =X

I don't disagree, I was just relaying what I thought he meant (though I do dislike the chance of wasting part of the power boost due to forced movement or stuff like that)

Edited by GeckoOBac

Nature of the random proc beast unfortunately. In practice though it mostly smoothes out. If there was a static power relic with the same PPS I'd be using that. Still I rarely find myself totally wasting the proc so far.

I consider it like when you open with everything on Heired in Dread Guard fight. You're pretty much guaranteed that the last third or so of your clicky relic is gonna be wasted on Ciphas' shield, but the delay if you wait is usually enough to get one less use overall in the fight, so you just grit your teeth and try to hope your demo round crits for 11k.

I was also talking about the lag in casting, if you're taking any type of damage your cast bar stalls, I'm sure everyone has noticed this a bit more since 2.0. There are certain situations where this is unavoidable like irregularities phase of TFB or circle run over phase of Operator 9, Thrasher in S&V does AOE damage, so on and so forth. The delay kinda makes you waste it and considering it procs random ever 20 seconds you are going to want a boundless ages relic that you can click on for when you need a guaranteed burst so it comes down to whether you use a damage proc or a power proc relic. The damage one procs more often as the cool down is almost a quarter of the cool down of the power one. That means whenever the power one procs you really need to fully utilize its potential to make up for the damage lost. So if you miss one or two your damage may actually be lower.

edit

as for accuracy the only time 100% is not enough is if for Golden Fury HM. I was actually missing some rail shots and HIBs when attacking the adds that drop and my accuracy is at 100.01%

Edited by respwn

as for accuracy the only time 100% is not enough is if for Golden Fury HM. I was actually missing some rail shots and HIBs when attacking the adds that drop and my accuracy is at 100.01%

Since Rail Shot / High Impact Bolt is white (ranged) damage, 100% ranged accuracy will result in misses sometimes as that isn't enough accuracy to overcome the 10% defense/resist chance. But your 110.01% tech accuracy should keep your Grav Round / Tracer Missile / Tech Damage attacks from missing.

Since Rail Shot / High Impact Bolt is white (ranged) damage, 100% ranged accuracy will result in misses sometimes as that isn't enough accuracy to overcome the 10% defense/resist chance. But your 110.01% tech accuracy should keep your Grav Round / Tracer Missile / Tech Damage attacks from missing.

This is incorrect, however I'll grant you that the UI is definitely misleading in this regard.

We have 3 kinds of accuracy in game (well, more actually but each class only ever has 3 attack types so the rest doesn't matter).

Basic accuracy, special attacks accuracy, yellow accuracy. These are not the exact names but the represent the different categories the attacks fall in, as there will be different names depending on the class.

Basic accuracy is only ever used by ONE attack per class, and that's your "basic attack". Saber strike, hammer shots, those are basic attacks (just to cite a couple). Those attacks use the basic accuracy, which starts at base 90%.

Every other "white damage" attack will use the special attack accuracy, which you can find by hovering over the accuracy value for melee/ranged on your character sheet. This accuracy has a base of 100%.

Finally there is the yellow accuracy, used for force/tech, which starts at 100% base as well.

Now, Player characters and most npcs have 0% resistance, meaning that yellow attacks will never be resisted even with no accuracy rating at all. That is ofc true unless there are accuracy debuffs (or defensive cooldowns of some sort) involved.

Most npc have 5% or 10% melee/ranged defense though (players have 5 base IIRC, though tanks actively stack that and can get it much higher than even the 10% of operation bosses), which means that, with no accuracy, you will miss roughly 5 or 10% of the shots (bear in mind that many abilities are multi hit, and each hit is calculated separately against defense), or 15, 20% of the basic attack hits.

However the expansion introduced new resistance levels for gold/champion/boss mobs. 5 and 10% to be precise, which means that in high level pve content you can expect your skills to be resisted as well if you don't stack accuracy.

Now, the question at hand: missing with hib. Hib is a special attack and thus does not need anything more than the 10% accuracy to get from 100% to 110%. Now, unless you actually go over the 10% threshold, you're bound to see a miss every now and then, even though it should be quite rare: bear in mind though that MANY npcs, especially in the new areas, do short term debuffs to accuracy. Also, if you're lower level than the NPC you're fighting, you may find yourself missing even more due to the lvl difference.

It IS possible, though unlikely, that Golden Fury has higher defense than other npcs, as I'm not aware of any accuracy debuff there, but I repeat that I find it unlikely (though there is an history of some bosses having slightly different stats, like Toth's mitigation (IIRC)).