How to make new stories!

kEs_Ha

I absolutly want a continuation of the current stories!!!! But eventually those stories will come to an end and then i would really love new stories! As a said its the stories that makes the game UNIK!!!!!!!!!!! I think that making new classes is hard if not imposible because of the whole class balance think, but i wouldent mind a completly new story on either one of the current characters!

PS thanks for your reply!

New classes wouldn't be that hard to balance, at least, not how I would see the new class.

It could just be a bit of an animation difference really, for the abilities, with it's own unique story. Ex-Jedi/Sith becomes a smuggler/pirate/bounty hunter/mercenary.

Give the class a melee focus (lightsaber) with range abilities that come from a combination of the blaster and force abilities. Like the Consular/Inquisitor, but instead of JUST force abilities, you have that combination. You now feel like Luke or Mara! This can be balanced.

The hard part would be coming up with the story, but how I would do it...

Step 1) You pick which starting planet you wake up on. You have amnesia! What the hell is going on!

This will give the player 4 different stories to start with at level 1-10. While mission details could be slightly different, who you wake up next to is possibly your old master (ex-jedi/sith remember) or old archnemesis. By the end of the starting planet, you remember who you are and now you're searching for the one who just used you for whatever reason.

Step 2) 4 planets to search for the enemy! A wild goose chase, a last minute arrival as your enemy departed, enemy manages to escape, you find a clue to the last mission/showdown.

Step 3) That enemy had a son/daughter who now wants you dead at the start of chapter 2! This time you play it different than other stories! You're going planet to planet trying to avoid them! Last mission for chapter 2 is the showdown between you and the son/daughter when the fight gets decided, you find the whole thing was a setup. That enemy now becomes a companion (possibly the 5th one), as you're now working with your sides government more closely.

Step 4) You were being used by a Fallen Jedi/Darth who saw a vision of you defeating them. They've been guided by a Voss on how it's all to play out untill the point of you two meeting up, it's only at this place and time on Corellia does your true enemy stand an equal or better chance of beating you!

There, a mix of a personal story while saying "YOU'RE EPIC!" At the same time, your fight saves the fraction you're working with. You then have the option of stay a private contractor, rejoining your order, or becoming part of the government (basically 1 of 3 titles will be bestowed upon you) and thusly you're ready for Makeb!

Now the companions...you know how there's a fraction of the player base that wants SGR (either because they can't separate their real lives from a game story line or they'd just like to pair their character with their favorite in the list of companions) you make all the companions herosexual...EXCEPT...for that one, that one that equals you're Chewie!

So 2 males (Chiss and Empire Zabrak), 2 females (A Failed Mystic Voss who returns to Voss a Jedi and Cyborg), and either a Rakghoul or a combat droid (maaaybe even make it Rakghoul for Emp, Combat Droid for Rep, or reverse it)! And look at that...a Chiss and Zabrak male for females to have an alien romance!

So a new class story with 4 different beginnings and 6 different endings! Do all endings lead to about the same place? Yes. I think that's just how it has to be in this game. I'd make the classes exactly the same for both sides however.

Advance Classes...Cavalier (DPS & Heals - Medium Armor) and Cutthroat (DPS & Tank - Heavy Armor)

Personality of character...think Jack Sparrow or Jack Sparrow with a bit more darkness!

Main Stats: AIM & END

*Note...I just felt like writing all this out! >_>;;

New classes wouldn't be that hard to balance, at least, not how I would see the new class.

It could just be a bit of an animation difference really, for the abilities, with it's own unique story. Ex-Jedi/Sith becomes a smuggler/pirate/bounty hunter/mercenary.

Give the class a melee focus (lightsaber) with range abilities that come from a combination of the blaster and force abilities. Like the Consular/Inquisitor, but instead of JUST force abilities, you have that combination. You now feel like Luke or Mara! This can be balanced.

The hard part would be coming up with the story, but how I would do it...

Step 1) You pick which starting planet you wake up on. You have amnesia! What the hell is going on!

This will give the player 4 different stories to start with at level 1-10. While mission details could be slightly different, who you wake up next to is possibly your old master (ex-jedi/sith remember) or old archnemesis. By the end of the starting planet, you remember who you are and now you're searching for the one who just used you for whatever reason.

Step 2) 4 planets to search for the enemy! A wild goose chase, a last minute arrival as your enemy departed, enemy manages to escape, you find a clue to the last mission/showdown.

Step 3) That enemy had a son/daughter who now wants you dead at the start of chapter 2! This time you play it different than other stories! You're going planet to planet trying to avoid them! Last mission for chapter 2 is the showdown between you and the son/daughter when the fight gets decided, you find the whole thing was a setup. That enemy now becomes a companion (possibly the 5th one), as you're now working with your sides government more closely.

Step 4) You were being used by a Fallen Jedi/Darth who saw a vision of you defeating them. They've been guided by a Voss on how it's all to play out untill the point of you two meeting up, it's only at this place and time on Corellia does your true enemy stand an equal or better chance of beating you!

There, a mix of a personal story while saying "YOU'RE EPIC!" At the same time, your fight saves the fraction you're working with. You then have the option of stay a private contractor, rejoining your order, or becoming part of the government (basically 1 of 3 titles will be bestowed upon you) and thusly you're ready for Makeb!

Now the companions...you know how there's a fraction of the player base that wants SGR (either because they can't separate their real lives from a game story line or they'd just like to pair their character with their favorite in the list of companions) you make all the companions herosexual...EXCEPT...for that one, that one that equals you're Chewie!

So 2 males (Chiss and Empire Zabrak), 2 females (A Failed Mystic Voss who returns to Voss a Jedi and Cyborg), and either a Rakghoul or a combat droid (maaaybe even make it Rakghoul for Emp, Combat Droid for Rep, or reverse it)! And look at that...a Chiss and Zabrak male for females to have an alien romance!

So a new class story with 4 different beginnings and 6 different endings! Do all endings lead to about the same place? Yes. I think that's just how it has to be in this game. I'd make the classes exactly the same for both sides however.

Advance Classes...Cavalier (DPS & Heals - Medium Armor) and Cutthroat (DPS & Tank - Heavy Armor)

Personality of character...think Jack Sparrow or Jack Sparrow with a bit more darkness!

Main Stats: AIM & END

*Note...I just felt like writing all this out! >_>;;

Hmm never thought about it that way. Cool idea and nice story thoughts 2!!!!!!!!!!! :)

So you want to have two differant scenarios right from the get go and people have to choose one? That MAY have worked if the game was designed that way from the start, but it won't work now. Each class has it's story written. It's set in stone and the story itself is actually canon. While the player characters, and their actual choices, are not canon, the overall story is. What you propose would throw things out of balance and confuse people.

The story telling in this game is set. Changing it now would ruin the gaming experience. Expanding on the class stories is the proper next step, not creating a alternate set of chapters. I applaud you for coming up a idea, but at this point it just would not work. This is something that would only work if it was par of the original design, which it wasn't.

So you want to have two differant scenarios right from the get go and people have to choose one? That MAY have worked if the game was designed that way from the start, but it won't work now. Each class has it's story written. It's set in stone and the story itself is actually canon. While the player characters, and their actual choices, are not canon, the overall story is. What you propose would throw things out of balance and confuse people.

The story telling in this game is set. Changing it now would ruin the gaming experience. Expanding on the class stories is the proper next step, not creating a alternate set of chapters. I applaud you for coming up a idea, but at this point it just would not work. This is something that would only work if it was par of the original design, which it wasn't.

It wouldn't really ruin the story.

The characters from the "new" stories could be completely different people than the "original" story.

Like for the Inquis story. The original ends in you becoming a dark council member and given the title Darth Nox (or the other one that i don't remember)

But for the "new" story there are limitless options on who your character could be. Maybe they could become the leader of the cult that originally kidnaps you.

I think that this is a great idea!!! :D

shy not? its not onrealistic. at least not to me!

The original stories with all the voice acting cost somewhere between 150 and 200 million and was the most expensive video game ever produced. It has been profitable, but not nearly profitable enough to justify eight new class stories.

Executives at EA were promised something that could kill WOW, which in fairness is what every MMO developer has to promise the shareholders nowadays. But the way executives see this kind of thing, if it didn't meet the original goals, they lose interest, and while they'll keep the game around as long as they can make money, it doesn't make business sense to them to release the same thing (eight new class stories) twice. Especially because people have already seen what swtor offers and many of them didn't even finish all the class stories.

This is a good game, but if you're holding your breath for more than single planet story expansions, and want eight new class stories, you'll end up in a coma first.

The original stories with all the voice acting cost somewhere between 150 and 200 million and was the most expensive video game ever produced. It has been profitable, but not nearly profitable enough to justify eight new class stories.

Executives at EA were promised something that could kill WOW, which in fairness is what every MMO developer has to promise the shareholders nowadays. But the way executives see this kind of thing, if it didn't meet the original goals, they lose interest, and while they'll keep the game around as long as they can make money, it doesn't make business sense to them to release the same thing (eight new class stories) twice. Especially because people have already seen what swtor offers and many of them didn't even finish all the class stories.

This is a good game, but if you're holding your breath for more than single planet story expansions, and want eight new class stories, you'll end up in a coma first.

The only way to get any improvment is to ASK FOR IT. STORY is what makes this game great and if they want the want the BASE to stick around and get more people then they need to expand the story. This game can still beat wow but it will take alot of improvment etc. But expanding the story and make new ones is crusuly if they want the game to last.!!!

The only way to get any improvment is to ASK FOR IT. STORY is what makes this game great and if they want the want the BASE to stick around and get more people then they need to expand the story. This game can still beat wow but it will take alot of improvment etc. But expanding the story and make new ones is crusuly if they want the game to last.!!!

What did you think RotHC was?

What did you think RotHC was?

The same story for every class. Which isn't a class story. Which is what everyone says makes TOR different/better than the other MMOs.

I tend to agree. After I finish all the storylines, I don't see the incentive to level more than one alt on each side, since I'd be running the exact same content 8 times, with no variations like I did the first 50 levels.

I also want to state that this is a great way for bioware to expand their subscribers. FTP people will not get access to the new stories unless they subscribe or buy them (expensavly) throw the cartel market, so it will defenetly be profitable and will expand the sub-base. :)

The same story for every class. Which isn't a class story. Which is what everyone says makes TOR different/better than the other MMOs.

I tend to agree. After I finish all the storylines, I don't see the incentive to level more than one alt on each side, since I'd be running the exact same content 8 times, with no variations like I did the first 50 levels.

couldent have said it better myself! really my eng sucks!

The only way to get an improvement is to point out that it makes sense from a business perspective. Customers can make demands, but whether what they want gets implemented depends on the time and money that must be sunk into the process, and if costs exceed profits, it probably isn't going to happen.

The first expansion we have, and it doesn't expand at all on the class stories. There's just one story. We also know how much money it cost to produce the stories in the base game (it was very expensive). Put two and two together and that says that when Bioware looked into creating an expansion, they crunched the numbers and realized they didn't have the money for eight class story expansions. So we got what they could give us.

I'm not saying that your concerns about people finishing the stories aren't valid, nor am I saying this idea wouldn't help. I'd love new stories. But what happens after people finish THOSE stories too?

Based on what I'm seeing, I think ROTHC represents the future expansions of this game. It's what they're budgeted for. And new stories such as ROTHC are really a stop gap measure. They could try to introduce some patches to shake up gameplay a little, which will probably help, some of the newer flashpoints seem to be them experimenting with gameplay. But ultimately everything they have to do takes time and money, and voice acting is expensive.

The only way to get an improvement is to point out that it makes sense from a business perspective. Customers can make demands, but whether what they want gets implemented depends on the time and money that must be sunk into the process, and if costs exceed profits, it probably isn't going to happen.

The first expansion we have, and it doesn't expand at all on the class stories. There's just one story. We also know how much money it cost to produce the stories in the base game (it was very expensive). Put two and two together and that says that when Bioware looked into creating an expansion, they crunched the numbers and realized they didn't have the money for eight class story expansions. So we got what they could give us.

I'm not saying that your concerns about people finishing the stories aren't valid, nor am I saying this idea wouldn't help. I'd love new stories. But what happens after people finish THOSE stories too?

Based on what I'm seeing, I think ROTHC represents the future expansions of this game. It's what they're budgeted for. And new stories such as ROTHC are really a stop gap measure. They could try to introduce some patches to shake up gameplay a little, which will probably help, some of the newer flashpoints seem to be them experimenting with gameplay. But ultimately everything they have to do takes time and money, and voice acting is expensive.

I started this game with 5 friends after a year 3 of them were GONE. They plaid all 8 classes to level 50, the story was awsome but after leveling the game became another crappy MMO. story is what keeps this game alive. I plaid all 8 classes. May of the reapedely but if they dont start coming up wit some new cintent then people will leave. rise of the hut cartel was good but very very short. If they dont come up with something major then the game will die out. The only thing that sets this game apart is the story and it is the only thing that can keep it alive and thriving!!!!! :)

I started this game with 5 friends after a year 3 of them were GONE. They plaid all 8 classes to level 50, the story was awsome but after leveling the game became another crappy MMO. story is what keeps this game alive. I plaid all 8 classes. May of the reapedely but if they dont start coming up wit some new cintent then people will leave. rise of the hut cartel was good but very very short. If they dont come up with something major then the game will die out. The only thing that sets this game apart is the story and it is the only thing that can keep it alive and thriving!!!!! :)

I played all 8 and was working on 4 more, but haven't been able to do it. I still have a subscription, but it is pretty much wasted money. I have played most of Skyrim, DA2 for about the fourth time and now am working on Kotor 1, while just waiting for the itch to come back.

I am like you and wish for more class stories, but I don't see it happening. What I do wonder about though is that people have posted that some of the voice actors said they have a backlog of stuff already done that wasnt used at the start. Wouldn't this be chapter 4 or something new if that was the case?

Edited by Dawgtide

I've speculated they MIGHT have a backlog of unused stuff, but I couldn't say for certain. I'd be interested to know if voice actors have confirmed this myself. Edited by Bytemite

I played all 8 and was working on 4 more, but haven't been able to do it. I still have a subscription, but it is pretty much wasted money. I have played most of Skyrim, DA2 for about the fourth time and now am working on Kotor 1, while just waiting for the itch to come back.

I am like you and wish for more class stories, but I don't see it happening. What I do wonder about though is that people have posted that some of the voice actors said they have a backlog of stuff already done that wasnt used at the start. Wouldn't this be chapter 4 or something new if that was the case?

Yes voice acting costs. But it depends on what country union laws etc. the lowest voice costs projects in the US on cartoon series etc spaan from below minimum wage to millions etc. but the costs put aside if they want the game to survive then creating new stories is absolutly profitable!