[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug

SOULCASTER

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is definitely the most annoying bug in the game since launch, for any class or situation. What's the point of having accuracy when there's always a chance of you missing because of your ability failing to execute. Love how major bugs like this have been around since day one and still haven't been fully addressed.

Dont know if this is the same thing, but on my bounty hunter, unload sometimes just fires one shot, and only does damage for that shot.

No real explanation for it, im not moving or anything.

Im wondering if this is the same thing?

That happens to my ravage sometimes. Only hits the first hit, then stops. No one interrupted me with a CC, knockback, or combat stealth.

this is one of those things that got introduced with 1.2

I know I'm quoting kind of an old post, but just wanted to say this is absolutely not true, this bug has been here since at least open beta, which I participated in, and was a problem since day one. It may not be something that everyone experienced, as it seemed to affect melee far worse than ranged, but it's something I had great difficulty with on my sentinel, and something my friend actually stopped playing over with his guardian.

This thread is the one that originally called attention to the issue, and the OP is from December 25th 2011, which was 5 days after the launch date, not including early access.

Also bump for this thread, this is a huge issue.

I'm not sure if it's the kind of bug that can be fixed with a quick patch. The game engine is terrible and not optimized properly, we all know that. To eliminate this issue, they would likely have to redesign major parts of the Hero engine, which is unlikely to happen. For a 200 million dollar game, it sure has one of the worst engines in MMO history. Since they spent all that money on voices, so this is the price we pay for all the realistic conversations we have in the game.

Btw it's not the only issue with Hero engine that's been in the game since beta. Random black screens, inexplicable client crashes, extreme FPS drops in crowded areas, 16man operations and open world PVP, environment rendering 5 feet ahead of the character on maximum settings....these have all been plagueing the game since launch. They will continue to pretend that these issues don't exist because they don't have the means (funding and manpower) to completely redesign and upgrade the engine. Even if they had, doing so would be such a tremendous effort that we'd all have to uninstall the game and download a better version from the website because there's no way they can fit an engine redesign into a regular patch.

They might be able to tweak the engine a little bit here and there for a slightly better performance. But the kind we're asking for will likely never happen. That said, I'm curious to see what the perforance and visual upgrades in patch 2.3 in August will mean.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

they dont even want to admit this bug even exists they wont respond here

yeah ... :( 17 pages and 5-stars in support....no response. Although I did see someone moved this to the BUG REPORTS section.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Extremely annoying. I have yet to encounter this bug with my Sniper, but for my Merc it is far from uncommon with both Tracer Missile and Unload to play the animation without doing anything while engaging an 'invisible' GCD.

This bug goes beyond quality of life or visual issues and directly harms gameplay.

Nothing here has to be acknowledged ... the bug is a part of the game, simple as that.

Edited by Hxxr

Extremely annoying. I have yet to encounter this bug with my Sniper, but for my Merc it is far from uncommon with both Tracer Missile and Unload to play the animation without doing anything while engaging an 'invisible' GCD.

This bug goes beyond quality of life or visual issues and directly harms gameplay.

Nothing here has to be acknowledged ... the bug is a part of the game, simple as that.

EAWARE doesnt think that :D

Edited by JymmyMorison

• 2 weeks later...
This bug happens to me constantly as of late. Oddly some powers seem to fail much more than others, while I've never had and issue with something like my cc break or a channeled attack, my shadow strike fails (what feels like) 75% or the time. The only way to get it off anything likely timely in PvP is to spam the hell out of it. The animation starts, the dbl saver is leveled pulled back and... I reset to normal stance. ***.

• 2 weeks later...
well the last few patches just made it worse, havent played for a week and am not coming back atlest for another one since im sick of these bugs,lets take a look at any other mmo(any other game if honest) and it wont have this damn bug no other game i have ever played be it online or singleplayer never had a bug like this, i alredy barely played the game since last patch and doubt ill be playing untill new fp/ops come out or they finaly fix the damn engine

Noticed this happening for the first time today. Healing the False emperor FP for some 50s, Force Armour and Deliverance just failed to do anything several time all within a couple of minutes. Even though Force armour applied no affect I was unable to re-cast on players until its normal cooldown duration was over.

All in all a really annoying bug :(

i dont have a problem with that if i am doing dailies or just playing around,

now try doing the new NiM ops where almost every second counts, in a 5-7m fight or in PVP, is kill or be killed, and with this bug you will be kill or wipe