If you care about your Vg/Pt post the 2.0 nerf

mfourcustom

I posted in forms before and have had devs write me back directly. Is there a way to write to them directly? To ask for their guidance or explanation on why they do the things they do? Specifically about the nerfs. I really wish they would just give us an answer or maybe a hint that they screwed up and will fix it...something...

Theres no way to write to the devs here that i know of but why would you even want to? Do tell me please? You should know by now all your gonna get is somthing like "thanks we nerfed your damage because we didn't think a tanking class should be able to do that kinda burst damage" mean while smashers and shadows keep getting thoses buffs :rolleyes: these devs.

Since 2.0 hit and the first night when i could just tell something was way off with my VGs burst i did my best to get it out here to the community and get something back from the devs. I even went ahead and *********** recorded myself talking for 30 minutes in the hopes that a dev would take the time to listen to it and give us somthing.. lol but its been how long since 2.0? and think have we gotten anything in game. well there is this new nerf coming to our stealth scan :rolleyes: simple fact is they have no idea what to do with our class we were OVER OVER OVER powered at one point in this games short life and that was months and months ago after our ranged was nerfed we were not over powered any more lol but the devs listen to ****** players mostly ****** heals that cry and cry about us and thus our nerf that almost has killed the class. you'll get nothing from the devs of this game friend there too busy reading the sniper, smasher, shadow forums looking on what to buff next.

:cool:-dat eso:cool:

Edited by mfourcustom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... well there is this new nerf coming to our stealth scan ...

What nerf to our stealth scan?

There was a fix to the Bounty Hunter version of Stealth Scan in 2.2:

• Stealth Scan now requires the Bounty Hunter to have line-of-sight to the target's location.

But that was a bug. Bounty Hunters didn't need line-of-sight to place Stealth Scan while Vanguards did. Since both should need it, the bug was fixed.

Is this what you are talking about?

Long time Vanguard just returning since 1.3 here. I haven't hit 55 so I can't and won't comment on their usefulness aside from in the lvling bracket you can still have a lot of fun getting to 55.

As for the vid my only complaint is that you can't compare Smash and HIP. I'll take 5K at 30m over 7k at 5m. Even it is aoe. Of course leap really cuts down on the hindrance of it being 5m but that is a different issue. Now if some how they could get Explosive Surge to be the main focus of a build (as Smash is) that could make things more interesting

Other then that I agree with the summary of the Vanguard to this day. I'm sure once I hit 55 I will be feeling a similar pain to yours and all the others.

EDIT: Listen again to the vid and you start of comparing Assault Plastique then start saying HIB. So in terms of AP being close to or above smash damage then yes I can agree with that.

Edited by Corros

you can't compare Smash and HIP. I'll take 5K at 30m over 7k at 5m. Even it is aoe. Of course leap really cuts down on the hindrance of it being 5m but that is a different issue. Now if some how they could get Explosive Surge to be the main focus of a build (as Smash is) that could make things more interesting

LOL, what Smash Monkey worth his salt is hitting for only 7k? The thing is, Smash Monkeys are not overpowered. They are the only dps class currently that can approach the output of a healer. Rather it is every other dps subclass that is underpowered.

DEVs PLEASE fix our class. PLEASE show us some love! I'm a level 40 vanguard (Rãmrõd-The Bastion) and holy **** I have a helluva time taking on opponents in PvP. I'm following the tactics tree doing my rotations correctly, I have pretty much all purple mods and still...W T F!! Now this last WZ I just did I got over 500k damage but without good healers I go down pretty quick. I love the assault tree but heard its just not that great anymore. DEVs please read this and give some kinda answer as to what's going on with this class. Are you trying to phase it out? Are you going to give us something back? What? Again, DEVs please, please give us some answer. PleAse don't ignore us or these posts. Thank you