Paid character transfers

pachendale

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything or if BW has confirmed anything. The only posts I've seen from BW about this is either from Nov. 2012 or the same Nov. comment copied and pasted. This is a potential money maker for BW, I know myself and a few of my friends have multiple characters that we would love to have on our new server.

The only explanation for the silence is that it's very complicated to figure out how to do in this game because of legacies. My guess is they have been working on it but only using limited recources, it will come out...eventually.

They've already stated many times that it's coming. We don't have an exact date.

My assumption is that we will see it when either Cathar/Barbershop comes live, or shortly after the APAC servers are closed down.

They've already stated many times that it's coming. We don't have an exact date.

My assumption is that we will see it when either Cathar/Barbershop comes live, or shortly after the APAC servers are closed down.

you sure? maybe it was more like, 'maybe there will be server transfers, and if so maybe we will pick where you go or maybe we will let you pick." i recall a timeline closer to 'we do not have a timeline' instead of 'with a thing we announced.' also, i understand many people think this is being delayed because it's 'complicated.' everyone has an opinion, and everyone is allowed an opinion. my opinion is that this is wrong, the technicalities have been worked out, and only EA knows why they won't implement it.

on the other hand, i agree with those who say the potential implementation of this system will possibly have bugs which will upset many people. of course the devs have not given us any information to believe that's why they won't implement voluntary server transfers. it's all speculation; the fact is server transfers have been done for some people and are not available on a voluntary basis for the population as a whole.

i have a sage with 400 in synthweaving, but instead of building on that i'm starting over and i'm only in the 200s. leveling synthweaving sucks when you know you've already done it but don't get the benefit :(

you sure? maybe it was more like, 'maybe there will be server transfers, and if so maybe we will pick where you go or maybe we will let you pick." i recall a timeline closer to 'we do not have a timeline' instead of 'with a thing we announced.' also, i understand many people think this is being delayed because it's 'complicated.' everyone has an opinion, and everyone is allowed an opinion. my opinion is that this is wrong, the technicalities have been worked out, and only EA knows why they won't implement it.

on the other hand, i agree with those who say the potential implementation of this system will possibly have bugs which will upset many people. of course the devs have not given us any information to believe that's why they won't implement voluntary server transfers. it's all speculation; the fact is server transfers have been done for some people and are not available on a voluntary basis for the population as a whole.

i have a sage with 400 in synthweaving, but instead of building on that i'm starting over and i'm only in the 200s. leveling synthweaving sucks when you know you've already done it but don't get the benefit :(

I'd have to say it makes no sense to think that technicalities have been worked out.

Consider that, less than two months ago, there were MAJOR bugs popping up with a simple Copy Character function being offered for the PTS.

The APAC players haven't even gotten transfers yet, have they? And that's significant.

They have to fully automate the process, get it to work as quickly as possible, make sure there aren't any problems, come up with a price point, and find a good way to market it. I highly doubt.

If you go check through the Dev Tracker -- or any of the massive number of reports from cantina tours and interviews, they've said that Paid Transfers will come at some point. "Soon" just happens to be their favorite term -- our only "guideline" is that PTS-copy had to happen first.

is there a way to search the dev tracker? i've been using site:swtor.com/community in google to search forum threads, but i don't think that works for a specific form like devtracker since it's .php. search results from the search bar up and to the right doesn't seem to include the devtracker or community cantina things. i'm not sure the site search results are all that great either.

I've also been waiting for a long time for this. It would be nice to get a timeline for such a sought after issue.

Same here, I really want to transfer a couple of 50's I got stuck in another server to the server where my main is.

Huh? And I was wondering why no one was talking about how happy they are now that character transfers are coming.

There is a thread in the german forums talking about how character transfers are coming 6 to 8 weeks after patch 2.1. - so they are coming with 2.2. Source is: http://swtor.gamona.de/2013/04/29/patch-2-1-individualisierung-eures-charakters/ (german website)

But if there is no mention of this on an english website anywhere, this is probably false? I was suprised when I suddenly heard friends talking about how the transfers are coming soon, even though I haven't heard anything about it on the english forums.

Huh? And I was wondering why no one was talking about how happy they are now that character transfers are coming.

There is a thread in the german forums talking about how character transfers are coming 6 to 8 weeks after patch 2.1. - so they are coming with 2.2. Source is: http://swtor.gamona.de/2013/04/29/patch-2-1-individualisierung-eures-charakters/ (german website)

But if there is no mention of this on an english website anywhere, this is probably false? I was suprised when I suddenly heard friends talking about how the transfers are coming soon, even though I haven't heard anything about it on the english forums.

Cool thanks for that link, I'm sure they got their info from somewhere... I just can't seem to find it anywhere else.

I was surprised not to hear about it either -- and I highly doubt it's false. Dulfy pointed us over that way as well, because they split up information to a few different community sites. I'm happy one was non-english.

I believe someone else had shown, in another thread, that this particular site has released information before and was correct. Still -- could be untrue, I guess, but they seem just as reliable as Dulfy.

Hopefully we will get more news once 2.1 patchnotes are revealed! BW should be hyping this more -- considering how long people have been requesting it.

If 2.1 is considered a quality of life update and they are having the ability to change names, one would hope they would allow server transfers with that update.

Dev response would be appreciated.