skill or overkill 2.0

Resiel

can't afford to re-gear up, but I'm fairly certain overkill is the way to go. 15% more power then what main stat gives, and they neutered crit rate from main stat very hard.

What I want to know, is how the hell am I supposed to get my accuracy to 100%> I mean holy crap, I have 170 now and my accuracy is 96.5%. What am I going to need, every single enhancement of the 7 set to accuracy? Just to get 99-100%.

RIP surge...RIP

Edited by islander

can't afford to re-gear up, but I'm fairly certain overkill is the way to go. 15% more power then what main stat gives, and they neutered crit rate from main stat very hard.

What I want to know, is how the hell am I supposed to get my accuracy to 100%> I mean holy crap, I have 170 now and my accuracy is 96.5%. What am I going to need, every single enhancement of the 7 set to accuracy? Just to get 99-100%.

RIP surge...RIP

For every item capable of having accuracy (10 out of 14 slots), you will need it on about 7 items. I have 5 accuracy enhancements (crafted 66 purples), and implant and an earpiece and I have 476 accuracy rating (100.51% ranged) -- this puts me a little over the cap, but I'd rather be over than under and the values are in big chunks so it's hard to nail it much closer than that.

It may be frustrating to need so much accuracy on your gear, but it is highly important and is a better option than any other stat until you hit that cap.

For augments you probably want to go full power for that, you will have plenty of cunning from your armorings and mods. I got rid of 250 cunning from my old skill augments in favor of new power ones and I still have 2735 cunning in mostly 69 gear.

For augments you probably want to go full power for that, you will have plenty of cunning from your armorings and mods. I got rid of 250 cunning from my old skill augments in favor of new power ones and I still have 2735 cunning in mostly 69 gear.

Woah woah woah. With Gearhead Cunning > Power.

With Gearhead, you get more bonus damage stacking cunning over power?

No, you do not get more bonus damage than power by having gearhead, power still comes out ahead in that category, the question is whether you get more DPS by stacking cunning rather than power since cunning also gives a minuscule amount of crit chance.

Assuming purple augments with 32 to the main stat:

14 cunning augments at 32 each = 448 cunning

Add in the gearhead skill 448 x 1.09 = 488 cunning

488 x 0.2 = ~97.6 bonus damage from cunning

14 power augments at 32 each = 448 power

448 x 0.23 = ~103 bonus damage from power

Again, the question is more about DPS for which we need to add in crit chance. This is where it becomes much more complex since the crit you get from cunning is not linear, there is a diminishing return. The amount of crit you get per cunning point depends on how much cunning you have.

With Gearhead, you get more bonus damage stacking cunning over power?

With Gearhead, you get 19.62 cunning per augment compared to 18 power (without factoring in class buffs). With those two values, you get 3.924 bonus damage from skill augments (plus crit), and 4.14 bonus damage from overkill.

EDIT: My math is on 50 augments obviously (stupid me). Cunning gets even more from 55 augments.

Edited by emidas

Well one of you guys posted that it's basically 380ish cunning for one crit rate.

That would imply that crit rate increases about 1.25% going to cunning route (+488)

so you trade what amounts to 5% damage (power) for 1.25% crit (cunning) , if i'm correct. That seems like a no-brainer to me, esepcially with the reduced crit rates in 2.0 to begin with.

Edited by islander

Add in the gearhead skill and inquisitor buff 448 x 1.14 = 510.72 cunning

510.72 x 0.2 = ~102.1 bonus damage from cunning

For all intents and purposes they give the same bonus damage. Granted that with 2500+ cunning the increase in crit is tiny, it's still safe to stick with cunning.

Edited by adagioing

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelderek

Add in the gearhead skill and inquisitor buff 448 x 1.14 = 510.72 cunning

nice to see some math! can anyone argue against this? second emotion? lol. i still havent augmented my gear because i'm not sure which one to get... power or cunning.

BAH, I forgot about the 5% class buff, but for bonus damage you still get more from power. It's the crit that changes things for DPS.

if your above math is true, why would power give more bonus damage if

In my case, I am already in full power augments, about half are blue (+28) and half are purple (+32) -- this is mainly because I have a max Armstech alt and was able to craft them myself. I tried changing 4 of my blue augments over from power to cunning (112 total value) and I gained a whopping 0.2% crit chance (I ended up with 2847 cunning) -- just doesn't seem worth it to me. But I suppose if you haven't augmented yet then you should probably start with Cunning instead.

Why skill is better:

Cunning gives .2 bonus damage

Power gives .23 bonus damage

For every 1 cunning, you get an additional .14 cunning from talents and inquisitor buff. You also get an additional 5% bonus damage from warrior buff

This means you actually get .2 x 1.14 x 1.05 bonus damage from cunning, which is .2394 bonus damage.

With power, you only get it "enhanced" by the warrior buff which is .23 x 1.05 = .2415

If you take the difference, you are getting a whopping .0021 extra bonus damage from going with power!

With full purple augments, that is a whopping .9408 extra bonus damage!

Now, if factor in crit chance with cunning, you will gain at least an extra 1% crit chance based on your cunning prior to augmentation (there are diminishing returns on the crit you get for cunning, but it is very flat) My point is that the diminishing returns are so small that marginal utility isn't really a factor.

It doesn't take much any more math to say that an extra 1% crit chance is better than less than 1 bonus damage.

Edited by bbare

I guess now I need to wait for 2.0.1 to come out for the fix to slicing missions so that I can gather purple augment mats. I did go ahead and pick up blue skill augments for my slots.

Bonus tech damage is 1376.5 (1072 power, 3166 cunning, 1875 tech power, 65.5 skills/buffs)

Crit Chance is 23.36% (5% base, 52 crit rating=1.05%, 3166 cunning=8.31%, 9% skills/buffs)

Thanks for all the math help guys.

Edited by Kelderek