Radeon HD 7970 With 20 - 30 FPS

Nukeware

I have a XFX HD 7970 oc to 1000mhz and i get 20 - 30 fps and 20% gpu usage at fleet.

Is that a driver issue or game issue?

Please someone has the same graphics card and have the same problem too?

How do i fix it

Edit: when i press crlt shift f , it appears a red number

Screenshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27912243/Screenshot_2013-04-18_19_47_57_749921.jpg

Edited by Nukeware

I saw a similar post with the same issue with the Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7970 yesterday.

It just seems like that this graphics card just isn't as compatible with game as the Nvidia equivalent. The only thing I can recommend is to make sure your drivers are not outdated. If this problem still persist, try overclocking your GPU or simply lower the graphic settings.

However, your FPS problem might not be solely the problem of your graphics card, try checking your internet connection too. An overheating or dusty graphics card will also cause a FPS drop, try cleaning your computer and check your cooling system. Also, turn off all unnecessary loads such as LED lights, perhaps your GPU is not getting enough electricity.

I saw a similar post with the same issue with the Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7970 yesterday.

It just seems like that this graphics card just isn't as compatible with game as the Nvidia equivalent. The only thing I can recommend is to make sure your drivers are not outdated. If this problem still persist, try overclocking your GPU or simply lower the graphic settings.

However, your FPS problem might not be solely the problem of your graphics card, try checking your internet connection too. An overheating or dusty graphics card will also cause a FPS drop, try cleaning your computer and check your cooling system. Also, turn off all unnecessary loads such as LED lights, perhaps your GPU is not getting enough electricity.

False.

It's a game issue. My GTX 680 does the same thing. This game is very poorly optimized.

Sorry, a 3GB graphics card that is newer than the game AND top of the line when it was released is not t fault here. It may be at fault for the "jump to hyperspace" crash bugs in Esseles and BT but the issue here is the game engine. The engine is not optimized to handle high traffic areas and as a result your performance takes a nose dive. I use the same card (Powercolor not XFX tho, also not OCed) and I get 100-120 FPS at 1920x1080, maxed everything in most areas (Voss is weird tho). On fleet or in combat that tanks to 60. Make it a 16 man combat and it drops again to about 45.

Sorry, a 3GB graphics card that is newer than the game AND top of the line when it was released is not t fault here. It may be at fault for the "jump to hyperspace" crash bugs in Esseles and BT but the issue here is the game engine. The engine is not optimized to handle high traffic areas and as a result your performance takes a nose dive. I use the same card (Powercolor not XFX tho, also not OCed) and I get 100-120 FPS at 1920x1080, maxed everything in most areas (Voss is weird tho). On fleet or in combat that tanks to 60. Make it a 16 man combat and it drops again to about 45.

I'll support this, I do get some iffy fps on the fleet. Running a AMD 6850 and have 100 fps on most planets, however I don't have your probably in a 16 man combat.